Newcastle away

scott

Just deflates your balloon . Getting some momentum , interest and exposure . More people show up and you want to encourage them to return them you throw that out , and a fair few will say no thanks , same old same old . Shame . This result could have big  implications to on play off permutations

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh give over. Every team has a bad day.  I have supported the team home & away for over 30 years and have seen some absolute hammerings & not once would I ask anyone to subsidise it!!i I do it because I love my club!!! 

6 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

6 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Oh give over. Every team has a bad day.  I have supported the team home & away for over 30 years and have seen some absolute hammerings & not once would I ask anyone to subsidise it!!i I do it because I love my club!!! 

Depends on the manner of the defeat I suppose.

Last Sunday was a great day in everything other than the result. But nobody could question the effort an commitment. Can you say that today Kaz???

Today could possibly have undone all the good work done by volunteers in the build up to that game which must be sickening for them.

Well can’t quite believe what I watched today. From being totally dominant in defence for 2 games against quality sides we decided to throw in the worst defensive display I’ve seen for quite sometime. Right from the off even though we scored first there seemed to be a complete lack of urgency and desire to our game. Even the warm up looked flat. Throw in our usual penalties and dropped balls plus interceptions the writing was on the wall. 

Newcastle played well but it would have been nice if they’d had an opponent to play against. It was so bad I’m having difficulty saying it was just a bad day at the office. A club with ambition for the play offs should not be putting in performances like that no matter how bad a day you’ve had. 

Hopefully we won’t see too many more like  that because all the hard work done by the club in attracting fans last week will be undone quicker than Newcastle were scoring their tries. UTT

What was that all about, how can a team beat the league leaders then almost beat the new leaders then get thrashed by a mid table team , who have lost half their fixtures. Totally cheesed off; are we good enough to go up if the three up is adopted - very much doubt it.

14 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

There not a bad team Newcastle, they beat us ( Hunslet ) up there and that Lewis Young is some player. I take it Penky didn't have his usual " A" game ?

Penky did ok to start with set up 2 tries with lovely passes but when your pack aren’t dominant even penky struggles!

Your right about young he is a class player, I’m surprised he’s signed for another 12 months for them thought somebody might have come in for him. Him and Marginet had a field day today.

For me, town looked tired and not as sharp as previous weeks, thunder seemed to have us out wide, & our attack made some silly errors, an off day from most of the team....on to next week where they will put it right...,also Newcastle are a decent team, young and quick

Was looking so forward to it today was gutted with performance. And all them fans(including me) 2 coaches n people in cars. What shame.

Must been last weeks game took a lot out of them we looked tired and there speed merchants had field day. Suppose we all have a bad day. Keep faith everybody surely lads will make it up to us next week.

I will be down at the match next Sunday . I have supported Town for 55 years now , and it is a familiar feeling . We get the crowd back on our side after a lot of hard work and then blow it and give the new found support an excuse not to attend .It looks like the games against Bradford and York have left their mark , but our away form is a constant worry .

10 hours ago, David69 said:

Was looking so forward to it today was gutted with performance. And all them fans(including me) 2 coaches n people in cars. What shame.

Must been last weeks game took a lot out of them we looked tired and there speed merchants had field day. Suppose we all have a bad day. Keep faith everybody surely lads will make it up to us next week.

To be honest we have lacked pace in centres and out wide all season and we keep getting found out unfortunately, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesnt.

You guy's should be grateful that Newcastle won't be involved in the playoffs because they are probably the most dangerous side in the league , and yes I do include York and Bradford in that statement , as the saying goes dust yourselves down and go again .

3 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

You guy's should be grateful that Newcastle won't be involved in the playoffs because they are probably the most dangerous side in the league , and yes I do include York and Bradford in that statement , as the saying goes dust yourselves down and go again .

That's all you can do mate, keep on going.

Newcastle looked good when they came to Workington and the showed that again yesterday, their fans must be so frustrated with the way their season has panned out as the would be nailed on top 5 with a bit more consistently.

18 minutes ago, Town Army said:

That's all you can do mate, keep on going.

Newcastle looked good when they came to Workington and the showed that again yesterday, their fans must be so frustrated with the way their season has panned out as the would be nailed on top 5 with a bit more consistently.

Newcastle lack size and grunt down the middle and with that added i think they will be strong next season.  

32 minutes ago, Onreport said:

To be honest we have lacked pace in centres and out wide all season and we keep getting found out unfortunately, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesnt.

Big wide pitch at Doncaster to

11 minutes ago, town4me said:

Newcastle lack size and grunt down the middle and with that added i think they will be strong next season.  

That’s probably true mate, but in a way the most disappointing aspect for me yesterday was the easy yards their forwards made followed by quick play the balls. This allowed them to give marginet time to utilise their speed out wide. Very few teams in this league have players with the speed of young and tee coupled with the power of their big winger but they haven’t been putting 50 points on any of the so called top teams. For whatever reason we just didn’t turn up and the attitude and commitment to work as a team was not there. It was all summed up with thunders last 2 tries really, penky missed a one on one tackle, hasn’t happened much this season, and Agaro ran 30 yds across field knocking off tackle after tackle straightened up and walked through a couple more. It wasn’t pleasant watching but congrats have to go to thunder for the way they capitalised on our poor efforts. 

We are where we are and I don’t think anybody thought we had a world beating team, but a team that played to their strengths and as a unit. Unfortunately yesterday those key components were absent and throw in all the errors we make even when playing well there was only ever going to be one outcome. Hopefully we can get back on the bike next Sunday and follow it up at Doncaster with a committed performance like the York and Bradford games. If that happens I don’t think supporters can ask for anymore. UTT

It’s just so hard to rationalise , and so freakish , even when we’ve lost , that all I can think of is we were jaded and bruised on a six day turnaround after a massive effort physically and mentally against York , and after two huge games with maximum effort which took its toll a bit . Maybe , maybe not , but that just was to bad to be true . Again , it’s how you react . We’ve run out of hard luck stories and what ifs now , should have the mentality that it’s sudden death now 

It was a shocking bad day at the office I was a bit worried about this one but didn't see that coming it was painful to watch in the second half and very disappointing for the large Town following. We were never good enough to go up this season IMO and with the RL looking like they will be sending 3 up i thought it was in the balance but not now. Lets just hope we can finish this up and down season on a high with a couple of good performances to reward the fantastic effort put in by all the people running the club and give us all a boost for next season where we need to push on. No doubt the crowd will be down next week but that's just the fickle nature of spectator sport, let's get down there and give them a good send off. UTT

Archived