Barrow predictions ;

JimbobRam

Easy one for you this week, in fact it's next season's relegation scrap a year early ☠️

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

15 hours ago, JimbobRam said:

Think we will be to strong for barrow this week ;

Rams 40 Barrow 10

FTS Walshaw

Att 720

Even I feel confident about this one although that might be related to the fact that I cant be there rather than the good signs over the last few weeks..

Come on boys..

I may inject a bit of caution here - hope after last week we don’t put the cue on the rack thinking that a combo of the win, Swinton winning and the dreaded re-org has saved us from unnecessary effort. We should play to our best regardless- do that and I will be satisfied though like ND I will be in absentia so will have to rely on a dodgy internet link. 

Well, we've played eleven, won one and lost ten, so if you don't win, I'm gonna give you some stick.

So long as the forwards do their jobs early on we should win this one comfortably, but when did we ever win anything comfortably?

A couple of wobbles, dropped balls, wayward kick followed by a half-time chat and a second half improvement.

Rams 28 - 14 Barrow

FTS: Morton

Att: 735

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I'm hoping the cue is nicely chalked and e play as a team both on attack and defence. Suffice to say I would be most disappointed with a defeat. 

Dewsbury 36-12 Barrow 

FTS: Teanby

MoM: Speakman

Att: 728

But not surprised ? :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Solid but unspectacular win. Think Sherriffe was very lucky to get a yellow. Dominated the territory and possession, just needed better completion and a bit more composure and it would have been a much bigger score. Morton and Guzdek had great games and Delaney looked the part. 

Yes, we really should have won by ten more but there seemed to be a lot going on out there which distracted the players fom actually scoring points. Barrow were never really in it despite a couple of soft scores and it had a bit of "end of season" feel to the game.

According to the Chairman in today's programme we are now very active in re-signing those players who we intend to retain and talking with some of those who we hope to recruit. This can't fail to have an influence on some players' performances.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

End of season yes, but with £25K up for grabs, then we need to win at least one of the remainng three fixtures to seal the money.

It shows yet again how Mark Sawyer keeping the club on a stable footing financially has proved its worth yet again. We won't finsh top, but nor will we finsh bottom or run into extreme financial problems.

We were always in control of the game today but it was very patchy, Barrow came with a game plan and to be fair for long periods it worked. Think Jodie Sheriffe was lucky not to receive a red card,but I can’t agree what a Barrow fan said that if he’d have have been sent off they’d have won,really.

33 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

We were always in control of the game today but it was very patchy, Barrow came with a game plan and to be fair for long periods it worked. Think Jodie Sheriffe was lucky not to receive a red card,but I can’t agree what a Barrow fan said that if he’d have have been sent off they’d have won,really.

Not sure they would have won, but it would have been closer. Barrow showed very little on attack and made more errors than us and gave away lots of daft penalties. 

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Solid but unspectacular win. Think Sherriffe was very lucky to get a yellow. Dominated the territory and possession, just needed better completion and a bit more composure and it would have been a much bigger score. Morton and Guzdek had great games and Delaney looked the part. 

I thought we were pretty dire in the first half, fortunately Barrow were worse. Barrow got near the line twice and scored twice, although one was disallowed. Much better second half though. I was sat near the totally impartial Radio Cumbria commentary team, who assured it's listeners halfway through the second half that Barrow had been penalised at least thirty times to Dewsbury's one, and that Sherriffe should have been strung up between the posts for his offence, but actually I thought the ref had a decent game. All in all, the match was pretty much an end of season affair, but that said, the try created by Worrincy and brilliantly finished by Delaney, was worth the admission alone. Hope those two are both signed on for next season.

t

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

It was a disjointed game, punctuated by some needless penalties given away by both sides. I thought the referee officiated fairly (as he should of course) and can allow any errors he may have made. 

Disjointed it was, but Dewsbury never looked in danger and Barrow's two tries, I feel could have been repelled. I must agree that Worrincy's break and backing up by Delaney was first class and it's good to Ryder justifying his acquisition by the club. I reckon tries scored must be ahead of appearances made for him  

We must stop trying to score every time we have the ball; a little composure and a steadying hand would pay dividends. That's what's needed next week and a resolute defence if we are to get anywhere near Featherstone. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I confess to having been slightly surprised by the attendance - I guess the boxes must have been very full of freeloaders.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, Bring back GB said:

As a Barrow fan I an confident you will hammer us. We have no wingers or centres and lost our best forward Joe Bullock 

We have a couple you could borrow, give them a bib on Sunday, sure they'll have something to prove to the coach before he takes the steps upstairs ?

2 hours ago, Rammyram said:

Correct, I forget it's not the job of the coach to get some passion brewing if needed ??

There’s nobody more passionate than our coaching staff imo. Some players don’t need motivation some do,but some players would rather sulk,it happen’s at all clubs?but ah ho soon be end of season and players will come and some will go,we move on?

Archived