PRICES NEXT SEASON

EQUALIZER

With the season ticket prices soon to be announced. Its time we looked at our match day prices .Bearing in mind if the additions to the league could end up with a good few of the teams bringing  a decent following and  a  these teams charging more than us at their gaff. Is there a case  to raise our prices.

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

With the season ticket prices soon to be announced. Its time we looked at our match day prices .Bearing in mind if the additions to the league could end up with a good few of the teams bringing  a decent following and  a  these teams charging more than us at their gaff. Is there a case  to raise our prices.

No....

As a business it is a must that we raise our prices. It does not have to be a dramatic increase but even a single pound on gate prices would bring in extra funds over a season. I also think that season ticket prices should rise. We have had it good for a few years now and I wouldn't argue with a slight increase. We have a superb ground with cracking facilities and in comparison to some of the venues we visit we are selling ourselves short. I won't mention the venues but you know who you are. ?

2 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same at Batley. Bradford will be charging an arm and a leg to get in next season, to subsidise their squad wages, so why shouldn't Dewsbury and Batley try to cash in on them and whoever gets relegated? 

I'd keep season tickets at the same price though, to make them better value and maybe persuade a few fans who are considering buying one, to commit.

Do like we've done and open the ground one price sit stand wherever

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same at Batley. Bradford will be charging an arm and a leg to get in next season, to subsidise their squad wages, so why shouldn't Dewsbury and Batley try to cash in on them and whoever gets relegated? 

I'd keep season tickets at the same price though, to make them better value and maybe persuade a few fans who are considering buying one, to commit.

For the sake of scaring off a couple of armchair ones the extra Ks is a no brainer.

Don't care how we do it but all the donations that we make to squad goals and the Ribbon. Get thrown away by not increasing the gate prices. On a rough guess I would say that would bring us 5k in .Dont seem much but it makes a don't in  what  decent  half backs in our league demand

3 hours ago, NickD said:

It does?  Please explain why.  

In my opinion, it would make it more simple, spilt the difference and make it £16 all round the ground.

Wouldn't be surprised if people walk round the terraced areas and go to the North Stand to sit anyway, when the stewards are doing other things.

8 minutes ago, andyram said:

In my opinion, it would make it more simple, spilt the difference and make it £16 all round the ground.

Wouldn't be surprised if people walk round the terraced areas and go to the North Stand to sit anyway, when the stewards are doing other things.

makes sense.when tv crew come to town the seated area will look packed.saves a steward stood all game trying to turn folks round who came in south stand gates due to  main carpark at that side.plus we can nip to other side for food as to me its better at other side.:popcorn:

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Do like we've done and open the ground one price sit stand wherever

And turn off those pesky turnstiles?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What we need to consider are the demographics and relative spending powers of RL audiences. As is well known the Championship is also called the old mens' league because of the make-up of the audience (with apologies to the old women) and nowadays most pensioners have pretty well the same disposable incomes as anyone else. The club should consider reducing, or eliminating, the concessions to over 65's and charging a flat price throughout.

Prices should also have been raised, in my opinion. When you put off price rises for too long then you end up having to make a substantial increase in one go, whereas small increases year on year aren't as painful for the fans.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, andyram said:

There are too many of the blighters for that..

I reckon if you want to sit you should pay a bit more for the privilege....

Id keep South Stand at £15 and put sitting up to £18

32 minutes ago, NickD said:

Let me guess, ND...

You watch from the south stand?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

33 minutes ago, NickD said:

thats a good idea, punish the older fans  and disabled/pensioners who need to sit down.

12 minutes ago, silverback said:

thats a good idea, punish the older fans  and disabled/pensioners who need to sit down.

Steady on!

Pensioners pay less to sit down than a standard "Adult" does to stand up.

The club has disabled viewing points at both ends of the ground, including an elevated spot in the North Stand accessible by lift, and carers are admitted free of charge.

Tom

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Oops get ready for backlash,over to you grumpyoldman?

Nah, I'm quite happy to go with that if it keeps it exclusive.  :onthequiet:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

31 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Nah, I'm quite happy to go with that if it keeps it exclusive.  :onthequiet:

Oddly enough I used to sit down at Crown Flatt then, after a few years and a fire, moved onto the Long Stand and discovered that rare quality of shared moaning and misery that makes RL so enjoyable. Since then I have only sat down at matches where there are no real alternatives.

As long as these old legs continue to support me then I shall continue to support the team standing up.

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oddly enough I used to sit down at Crown Flatt then, after a few years and a fire, moved

By the sounds of it you'd still be there if the fire hadn't made you shift!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oddly enough I used to sit down at Crown Flatt then, after a few years and a fire, moved onto the Long Stand and discovered that rare quality of shared moaning and misery that makes RL so enjoyable. Since then I have only sat down at matches where there are no real alternatives.

As long as these old legs continue to support me then I shall continue to support the team standing up.

Anybody reading BSJ's comments, who think that buying a posh ticket will exempt them from listening to the bRamoaners all afternoon, will be sadly disappointed. Plus you have to listen to the "snap, crackle and pop" of ancient joints when they all stand up at half time. Mind, we do get San Miguel in the bar - usually without queueing. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, silverback said:

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Are you having a laugh. As Tom points  out Most people older than me more or less get paid by the club to get in.  Have you seen the queues most days. Reckon there’s only ten folk pay full price.  The old folk have all the brass these days anyway. Whack it up in the  north stand and for old folk. 

Archived