European Championship fixtures confirmed for Carcassonne, Dublin, Galashiels and Wrexham

Taken from Federation Francaise XIII website. in an unusual twist for international rugby league all the matches will actually take place within the nations represented in the competition.

https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/euro-2018-france-galles-et-france-ecosse-a-domec-carcassonne/

Saturday 27th October 14:00 Ireland v Scotland Morton Stadium. Santry (ground with athletics track)

18:00 France v Wales Stade Albert Domec, Carcassonne

Friday 2nd November 19:30 Scotland V Wales Netherdale, Galashiels

Saturday 3rd November 14:00 Ireland v France Morton Stadium

Saturday 10th November 18:00 France v Scotland Stade Albert Domec

Sunday 11th November 15:00 Wales v Ireland, Racecourse Ground, Wrexham

The two matches in Carcassonne will also feature the French Womens team who will play curtain raiser matches against England and Italy with the kick off at 14:00

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

4 hours ago, flyingking said:

Taken from Federation Francaise XIII website. in an unusual twist for international rugby league all the matches will actually take place within the nations represented in the competition.

https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/euro-2018-france-galles-et-france-ecosse-a-domec-carcassonne/

Saturday 27th October 14:00 Ireland v Scotland Morton Stadium. Santry (ground with athletics track)

18:00 France v Wales Stade Albert Domec, Carcassonne

Friday 2nd November 19:30 Scotland V Wales Netherdale, Galashiels

Saturday 3rd November 14:00 Ireland v France Morton Stadium

Saturday 10th November 18:00 France v Scotland Stade Albert Domec

The two matches in Carcassonne will also feature the French Womens team who will play curtain raiser matches against England and Italy with the kick off at 14:00

Only confirmed with less than two months until the first matches are played, how pathetic.

It's good news for Carcassonne to host these two internationals. With the problems surrounding the ASC and USC in Pro 2 - timely.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

French coach Cologni pleased with the reception in Toulouse on Tuesday. He said his selections will be a mix between Super8's/Qualifiers and Elite 1. Will pick from 30 players with twenty announced each week game by game. England Test will have special place. He reckons they've done OK last two games. Perth and Avignon. But in both took three tries in 8 minute spells. Unfortunately in-form Garcia has pulled out - think he needs surgery on an arm injury and possibly a question mark about Bousquets availability. Maybe more depth than before riding on the performances of the Dragons and TO in 2018. We'll see.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

6 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

They usually play in Scotland in the European Championships/World Cup Qualifiers, I believe. It’s when they reach the “bigger” tournaments like the Four Nations that they play in England. 

Aye. Scotland haven't staged a 'home' game in Workington, the Four Nations was staged by the RFL and they put Scotland in Workington, Hull KR and Coventry.

Scotland have been staging their games in Galashiels, before that Edinburgh, before that Glasgow.

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is there a particular reason why Scotland have their games at Galashiels? 

I can only assume that they got a cheap deal. But they have enjoyed a couple of solid crowds (larger than when they played in Edinburgh), and it is a nice old ground to visit. Shame it can't be a Saturday afternoon, but it's usually an enjoyable fixture.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I can only assume that they got a cheap deal. But they have enjoyed a couple of solid crowds (larger than when they played in Edinburgh), and it is a nice old ground to visit. Shame it can't be a Saturday afternoon, but it's usually an enjoyable fixture.

Fair enough, I'll have to try to get to a game there at some point, will be another ground to tick off. If its good enough for the union World Cup then it is good enough for our European Cup!

Why has this game been played at the same date as the England v New Zealand Test at Elland Road. Surely if you played it on the Saturday some league fans (incluiding myself) might make aweekend of it and see both games.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I'm very disappointed that Ireland have relocated our home internationals from Bray to Morton Stadium.

Bray isn't the nicest town in the world but it has good pubs and restaurants, is by the sea and has a train station right next door with a frequent service to Dublin city centre. It's also a proper football ground albeit a little aged.

Morton Stadium is an athletics stadium with a running track, it's surrounded by an industrial estate and a retail park. It's difficult to access by public transport and there's nothing worthwhile to see in the area. Certainly not an away trip I'd recommend to anyone but fortunately it's near the airport so you can make a quick getaway.

It also must mean that the sponsorship deal with McGettigan's is finished since that was the reason for the move to Bray in the first place.

Most importantly for me it's turned a 20 minute cycle into a two hour trip with two bus changes ?

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Why has this game been played at the same date as the England v New Zealand Test at Elland Road. Surely if you played it on the Saturday some league fans (incluiding myself) might make aweekend of it and see both games.

I suppose Wrexham Towm FC could be playing at home on the Saturday.

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

That may have been the plan, until the RFL changed the day.

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I suppose Wrexham Towm FC could be playing at home on the Saturday.

Looks like Wrexham FC do not play that weekend so the stadium is free on the Saturday. Shame, as it's the one game I could have realistically got to but can't now as I will be at Elland Road. It's either bad planning or there is a genuine reason it has to be Sunday. If its the latter reason, then it's pizz poor a statement has not been issued saying why. Either way, its shoddy work.

5 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Looks like Wrexham FC do not play that weekend so the stadium is free on the Saturday. Shame, as it's the one game I could have realistically got to but can't now as I will be at Elland Road. It's either bad planning or there is a genuine reason it has to be Sunday. If its the latter reason, then it's pizz poor a statement has not been issued saying why. Either way, its shoddy work.

In that case it's an additional sign of the stupidity and incompetence of the RLEF along with the dates and venues not being confirmed until less than 2 months before the first matches and then just tucked away on the FFR XIII website with no announcement of any kind as far as we know.  No wonder RL sponsors never renew.

23 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

There are no National League games on 10th November because of the first round of the FA Cup. I expect the date is reserved in case Wrexham are drawn at home, should they qualify for the first round.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

10 hours ago, fearnowt said:

There are no National League games on 10th November because of the first round of the FA Cup. I expect the date is reserved in case Wrexham are drawn at home, should they qualify for the first round.

Worth noting that in recent years a significant number of FA Cup First Round games get played on the Sunday to allow the BBC to do a ‘highlights as they happen’ edition of Final Score throughout the afternoon, something that they can’t do on a Saturday because of broadcasting rules. 

Archived