M.O.M. Rovers V Sheffield (8's)

Steve Slater

3 minutes ago, PonteBlue said:

Foe me:

1. Thacks

2. Wildie

3. Newman - great try. Hopefully after tonight's yellow card will learn to keep his head when provoked. 

Newman wasn't provoked he just did something dumb. Picking the ball up and then throwing it away when there's a 20m tap will get you a yellow card every day of the week.

13 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Newman wasn't provoked he just did something dumb. Picking the ball up and then throwing it away when there's a 20m tap will get you a yellow card every day of the week.

Agree.

Seemed to be getting plenty of verbals from Sheff players during game so threw ball away in reaction to this.

Yep, yellow card all day.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:21 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Agree with the principle of not doing anything daft to get pinged for, but I thought it was a pretty soft call given the 'offence', so late in a game that was already well won. They went after Harry (and a few others) all game - it was the usual spoiling/sledging stuff from Sheffield - and the ref's failure to ping them for it built the frustration that ended up in a few minor scuffles. Have to say I was pleased to see Harry stand up to them and not take a backward step, in the face of such typical provocation from Tubby's lot. Well done lad.

Anyway.....

1. Knowles

2. Cooper

3. Newman

Archived