Crowds this season.

roughyed34

7 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

The club realistically is worth nothing,nada,zilch.

No assets,no ground of our own.

The majority of debt is owed by the "club" to Mr H for directors loans.

If Mr H decides to quit at some point then he could take the club down totally and Oldham mark 3 would then have to rise from the ashes (again).

If Mr H quits he could attempt to sell the club to recoup the monies owed to himself. (Can't imagine anyone would buy it in the state it is in)

If Mr H decides to write off the debt owed to him and hand the club "debt" free to a supporters trust then nobody has to stump up big money at the start.

All it would mean in that case is a change of ownership to a Supporters Trust and we would start pretty much at a zero balance in the club.

We would still receive central funding,which like I say is what we exist on now. The "club" pot would be raised by subscribing to a members scheme in some form to make the club solvent and in the black for operating costs extra to central funding.

Say for example 400 people pay £100 a year that equates to £40000 a year extra in the club.

Details of levels of subscription/benefits are something for later down the line if this kind of thing ever happens,but even at our current crowd level and everyone bought into the idea then I'm sure you would agree an extra £40000 is not to be sniffed at and would open up massive improvement to the club as a whole.

The first season say for sake of argument 2019, would be funded by central funding while the subscription scheme builds funds over that year for the next season.

In 2020 there would be Central funding and the extra pot from the "club".

Your point around supporters is valid, IS there enough interest around the town to make it viable to have a supporters led club? That's the million dollar question.

It's the million dollar question. Is there enough interest amongst the fans and would they be prepared to cough up some cash.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's the million dollar question. Is there enough interest amongst the fans and would they be prepared to cough up some cash.

If CH really wanted his money back,and who wouldn't,then he has to be logical about...if I was CH I'd gift RO or ORSA a minority stake in the club...with 2 provisions..

1. the trust,RO or ORSA, changes their funding model from yearly to monthly.

Eg adult subscription to the trust,with a "free" season ticket,trust voting rights etc, costs £22 per month..that's £264 a year.

£160* goes straight to the club for the season ticket (*last year's price's)

£104 goes into the trusts accounts.

2. The trust & CH agree a set price for the remaining stake in the club..

That way,slowly but surely,the trust can buy the club off him....or really fastly if a 1000 fans sign up lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

2 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

If CH really wanted his money back,and who wouldn't,then he has to be logical about...if I was CH I'd gift RO or ORSA a minority stake in the club...with 2 provisions..

1. the trust,RO or ORSA, changes their funding model from yearly to monthly.

Eg adult subscription to the trust,with a "free" season ticket,trust voting rights etc, costs £22 per month..that's £264 a year.

£160* goes straight to the club for the season ticket (*last year's price's)

£104 goes into the trusts accounts.

2. The trust & CH agree a set price for the remaining stake in the club..

That way,slowly but surely,the trust can buy the club off him....or really fastly if a 1000 fans sign up lol

One problem I can see is that a lot of Oldham's fan's are bobbing on abit and it's a case of would they want to take something like that on? The idea of a fan owned club would appeal to me but it'd be a numbers thing. I not being negative but I just don't feel we'd have the numbers required to start a supporter owned club. The ideas great though. I too think the 1000 fans is a big fat LOL!

250 would be my first target,and very achievable imo....

that's £66k a year...£40k to the club & £26k to the trust,the trust then decided what to do with its money....squad builder,player sponsorship,buy a % of the club off CH,putting on family fun days to bring kids back to the club...etc

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Well what a depressing thread!!

No doubt a lot of what R34 says is correct, the club desperately needs some youngsters coming through the gates.. its the young ones that will be the clubs future.

I dont have the answers or solutions , i totally understand why even the die hards are getting fed up.

Does anyone know if CH is now back to health? I think the fans need to hear something as really there is little or no info about any plans going forward, ps i wouldnt put any stock in anything reported about CH  regarding Boundary park while Corney was at the helm, that bloke sounds dodgier and dodgier by the day!!

8 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

We wish.  I think we'd need an attendance over 3000 to achieve a 700 average.

460 x 12 = 5520

(5520 + 1500) / 13 = 540.

Depressing.

Very depressing.

Oldham public are so disengaged from the club, we are only slightly better off than coventry crowds wise.

A shocking reflection on the regime running the show.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Dave Naylor said:

Drats. You've rumbled me.

I think what you do is absolutely brilliant.if only others in charge at the club showed anything like your enthusiasm.

The truth is they dont.. i want to believe CH wants the club to sucseed, but when you look at it all objectively is he actually more interested in his wage because as others have said, whats he doing to promote the club, in schools in social media etc?

As R34 said, the club is living in the dark ages, in every  way possible.

Something needs to happen now, or its bye bye Oldham RLfc, again.

23 minutes ago, andykenny said:

I went to the boozer a couple of fridays ago and bumped into Mike Ford.I got talking to him.

On Oldham he just said "You cant keep doing the same things every year and expect success you have to 

do something different".

Wow, that's a new train of thought, pity he didn't get his hand in his RU money lined pocket and offer to buy the club ??

17 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

We wish.  I think we'd need an attendance over 3000 to achieve a 700 average.

460 x 12 = 5520

(5520 + 1500) / 13 = 540.

Depressing.

For anyone who likes calculating this sort of stuff I make it Oldham have had 5527 through the gates in 12 home matches. So yep you'd need 3573 to avg 700.

Didn't say he should, I was being sarcastic (hence the crying emojis at the end) because he (Ford)clearly told Andy K what we already know. 

The club isn't worth anything,that's correct. No one will pay for nothing. Not even multi millionaires with money to burn. 

The "sale" of the club would actually just consist of recompense to Mr H and the Oldham RLFC (1997Ltd) company name. No assets, nowt (because there are none)

No one is going to pay CH £300 odd hundred thousand and then invest another £500000 to make the club solvent for a few years on crowds of 400 and the future of the game up in the air.

If Mr H decides to turn it in and sink the ship, he gains nothing.

IF he wrote the debt off then he will have a lasting legacy and a chance as a supporters owned club/new board/new investors/new owner taking over to stabilise and then grow the club.

All pie in the sky anyway at the moment, we don't know what Mr H actually intends on doing.

Maybe when the season ends something will emerge regarding the clubs future. I hope so.

As for the bigger picture, so much will depend on the outcome of tomorrow's vote and subsequent developments. The link on the Bradford forum, to a live blog of today's meeting of Championship and League 1 representatives, makes disturbing reading and emphasises that the future of our great game is very precarious - sad times indeed.

Archived