NFL season 2018/19

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland win in overtime beating Baltimore 12-9. Their kicker Joseph redeems himself by  "kicking "  a field goal having earlier missed an extra point.

In other results Carolina defeat Giants with late field goal. Bengals defeat Miami. Lions defeat Green Bay, Jets easily beat Broncos and Kansas City thrash Jacksonville Bills defeated Titans with late field goal. in the early game blow-out Steelers downed Falcons 41-17. I believe the Superbowl is in Atlanta. I can safely say even at this early stage the Falcons will not be there.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Didn't give the Carolina kicker Cano the credit he deserves in my recap.He won the game with a kick from way downtown 63 yards in fact in the last second. 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

On 8 October 2018 at 6:35 AM, Irish Saint said:

Didn't give the Carolina kicker Cano the credit he deserves in my recap.He won the game with a kick from way downtown 63 yards in fact in the last second. 

A monster. 

Still not sure what the Panthers are, but the G Men are pish.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights of the early games. Chargers defeat  Titans 20-19 In a long awaited Wembley  thriller. Game could have gone to overtime but after Titans touchdown in the dying seconds they  decided not to kick the extra point and failed with two point conversion. Trailing 17-0 to the Eagles going into the 4th quarter. Cam Newton inspired the Panthers to 21 unanswered points. Patriots win again  but their defence is conceeding far to many points per game. Wins also for Vikings, Lions  and Coltsagainst AFC East  Jets, Dolphins. Bills. Sadly, more heartbreak for Cleveland. For the fourth time this season their game went to overtime. that hey lost to a 59 yard field goal.

In the late games the unbeaten Rams are all over the 49er"s 22-0. Washington and Dallas are tied and Ravens lead Saints

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Mahomes then.... in good nick at the mo

Yes, having an incredible start to his rookie season.

With defences trying to contain the passing game, the Chiefs running back is flourishing now as well.

They’ve got a couple of easier games coming up as well after a few tough ones.

Four Jacksonville players arrested after attempting  to leave Piccadilly nightclub without paying the bill in the early hours of Saturday morning. Sky News reports s the unpaid bill was £50,000!. The four players all in their twenties were un-named.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Four Jacksonville players arrested after attempting  to leave Piccadilly nightclub without paying the bill in the early hours of Saturday morning. Sky News reports s the unpaid bill was £50,000!. The four players all in their twenties were un-named.

All released without charge apparently, the bill has been paid and the Jags say the matter will be dealt with internally.

Not good publicity though!

The four players were named on the CBS site. I will not mention their names nor will I mention the names of a few others who any given Sunday ply their trade. Let's just say their off-field behaviour makes Wigans  full back look like a choirboy.

Veteran Adrian Peterson strikes again with another game winning performance for the Redskins today against the G-men.

It evokes more memories of former Redskin running back John Riggins and ‘Riggonomics’ whereby he aged like a fine wine and was the catalyst for the Redskins dynasty in the 1980’s.

Elsewhere Green Bay have started well in a stern test for the unbeaten LA Rams.

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It evokes more memories of former Redskin running back John Riggins and ‘Riggonomics’ whereby he aged like a fine wine and was the catalyst for the Redskins 

John Riggins,  there is a programme about him on Sky from time to time one of those NFL films. A very interesting life.

In the early games Mahomes throws for another 4 tds in the Chiefs victory over the Broncos. Most impressive victory for me Carolina over the Ravens.

1 minute ago, Irish Saint said:

John Riggins,  there is a programme about him on Sky from time to time one of those NFL films. A very interesting life.

In the early games Mahomes throws for another 4 tds in the Chiefs victory over the Broncos. Most impressive victory for me Carolina over the Ravens.

Yep, Riggins story is a colourful one and to think he once hitchhiked to a Redskins-Cowboys NFC Championship game after missing the team bus!

It’s a decent Ravens defence by all accounts, but it could not contain Cam Newton.

Shaping up to be another great season with lots of stories, none more so than Mahomes incredible run of form.

8 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The power of NFL. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45936130

Can you imagine the reaction if it had been a rugby league game that had cut up the pitch?

In defence of the NFL, there was never meant to be a football game the day after, Tottenham's inability to finish their stadium on time is the issue.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

It was coming. With McVay, Shannaghan (sp) etc setting the trend for new offensively minded coaches, it was inevitable that Mayfield would be given something similar.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Archived