NFL season 2018/19

4 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Bit harsh describing a bloke with two superbowl rings as terrible perhaps past it would be a better description.

On the subject  of quarterbacks Phillip Rivers equals the completed pass record with 25 in a row against the Cardinals. It is the record for most consecutive pass in one game. Rivers finished with 28/29 as the Chargers beat the Cardinals.

Regarding the Steelers, Denver as Romo kept stating last night are not that bad a team and their schedule now gets a lot easier tho best they can do is a wild card. Yesterday, was the third week in succession they played a team on a roll of six wins in a row, first time that had happened in 42 years.

In the late game my pre-season punt for the superbowl, Minnesota, kept their play-off hopes alive by defeating Green Bay

No. I dont care about the 2 rings. The old coach with the ###### goatee (Mcadoo? Name escapes me) tried to get rid of him and the New Yoirk media killed him for it. He's absolutely garbage and massively holding them back. I'm always being told that the NFL is a "what can you do for me now business' - apparently not in this case. 

On this note, Big Bill should have replaced Brady last year with Jimmy G. Letting him go to the 49ers was silly. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

On this note, Big Bill should have replaced Brady last year with Jimmy G. Letting him go to the 49ers was silly. 

Agree

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Does anyone see the Texans as being a Super Bowl threat? They ate 8-3 now, on a 8 game streak. Offensively they have alot going for them. Hopkins and Watkins running the show. Can they trouble the usual contenders?

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Does anyone see the Texans as being a Super Bowl threat? They ate 8-3 now, on a 8 game streak. Offensively they have alot going for them. Hopkins and Watkins running the show. Can they trouble the usual contenders?

No.

Hopkins is a wonderful receiver, but they're no where near the top teams. Defensively, Matheiue (sp) has made such a difference at Safety and a fit Clowney and Watt with Mercilus is a great pass rush.

They'll be playoffs and have an easy run in, so could be 12/4 come the end of it. Will still lose to a top tier team though. 

Next year they need a dual threat RB and another speedy receiver to compliment Hopkins. Fuller hasnt really worked out as far as i can tell.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

3 hours ago, MattSantos said:

No.

Hopkins is a wonderful receiver, but they're no where near the top teams. Defensively, Matheiue (sp) has made such a difference at Safety and a fit Clowney and Watt with Mercilus is a great pass rush.

They'll be playoffs and have an easy run in, so could be 12/4 come the end of it. Will still lose to a top tier team though. 

Next year they need a dual threat RB and another speedy receiver to compliment Hopkins. Fuller hasnt really worked out as far as i can tell.

Thanks I appreciate the in depth knowledge. I'm a fan of the NFL and understand what is going on with plays most of the time, but I don't have that sort of knowledge of both sides of the ball or how a overall teams roster stacks up...... I thought there must be a reason no one is raving about them.   Hopefully they can kick on next year as I would like to see some new teams challenge,particularly one that has only existed barely 15 years. 

I can't help but feel somehow for the super bowl, Brady will find some way to get the Pats there and then maybe even win it....although I can see the Saints as a strong team to see off .. Given how difficult the season started, NE  are doing well and have the unbelievable ability to come up with plays.     

18 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Thanks I appreciate the in depth knowledge. I'm a fan of the NFL and understand what is going on with plays most of the time, but I don't have that sort of knowledge of both sides of the ball or how a overall teams roster stacks up...... I thought there must be a reason no one is raving about them.   Hopefully they can kick on next year as I would like to see some new teams challenge,particularly one that has only existed barely 15 years. 

I can't help but feel somehow for the super bowl, Brady will find some way to get the Pats there and then maybe even win it....although I can see the Saints as a strong team to see off .. Given how difficult the season started, NE  are doing well and have the unbelievable ability to come up with plays.     

It really is all about the coaching in NE. A fit Gronk and who knows, though the knock on NE is can they match LA Rams, Kansas and New Orleans in a shootout? 

Houston could be better next year with Watson having another pre-season and he'll be fully recovered from his injury last year. 

I love NFL after Thanksgiving, you know what teams and what and we can watch it play out in blissful HD :)

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

It really is all about the coaching in NE. A fit Gronk and who knows, though the knock on NE is can they match LA Rams, Kansas and New Orleans in a shootout? 

Houston could be better next year with Watson having another pre-season and he'll be fully recovered from his injury last year. 

I love NFL after Thanksgiving, you know what teams and what and we can watch it play out in blissful HD :)

Yeah I tend to start following it more after Thanksgiving as there is a clear run up to the play offs.... The play offs work so well in the NFL as its 38% of the teams... Ie enough so most teams can start the year feeling they have a shot but not so many that it's easier to make them than not to do so.... 

Play offs in the NFL is very exciting. The only thing I don't like so much is the 2 week gap between the championship game and the Super Bowl.... I want it straight the week after! 

However I am aware of why they don't do that probably for business, travel and player recovery reasons....

17 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Yeah I tend to start following it more after Thanksgiving as there is a clear run up to the play offs.... The play offs work so well in the NFL as its 38% of the teams... Ie enough so most teams can start the year feeling they have a shot but not so many that it's easier to make them than not to do so.... 

Play offs in the NFL is very exciting. The only thing I don't like so much is the 2 week gap between the championship game and the Super Bowl.... I want it straight the week after! 

However I am aware of why they don't do that probably for business, travel and player recovery reasons....

You're not a pro bowl fan :)

Dallas defence steps up to the mark and hold the explosive Saints offence scoreless in first half as the Cowboys prevail 13-10.

Regarding Houston they were Jason Bell's tip for the Superbowl , on the beeb, at the start of the season and are going along under the radar at the moment. Personally, hopefully either the Chiefs, or Chargers will represent the AFC at the Superbowl.

Pro bowl used to be the week after the Superbowl but date was changed a few years ago. Have to admit its not for me.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

3 hours ago, MattSantos said:

You're not a pro bowl fan :)

Yeah Im not much of a fan of it. I feel its had its day. Better to scrap it. It goes against the whole flow of the Nfl...... I mean does a all star game before the super bowl make much sense? 

I feel it made more sense when it was in Hawaai post season.. As then it is in a holiday place at a time of year after the big event.... 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:49 AM, Wiltshire Rhino said:

They'll be 8-4 after they lose to the Mighty Cleveland Browns... 

...hopefully ?

Easy win for the Texans. As expected really.

Every thing to script this week with the exception of the Packers! McCarthy sacked a few seasons too late. Will be interesting to see who they hire.

As well as the Chargers and Chiefs are doing I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots get to the Super Bowl again. They are a winning machine and if there is one coach who would be able to negate the Chargers and Chiefs strength it is Belichick.

Another defeat for the 49ers. Their season finished when Jimmy G went down.

Dramatic end to Chargers/ Steelers tied at 30-30 with seconds left. Chargers attempt winning field goal, Badgley high and wide left, however Steelers called offside. Second attempt Badgley's kick blocked Steelers again offside. Finally successful with third attempt which if he had missed wouldn't have mattered as Steelers again offside. Good comeback by the Chargers in this game

On another thread I have accused boxing of being a bit bent.

It would be beyond hypocritical if I didn't point out that college football - which I adore for its absolute and resolute determination to be awful to everyone on the field all the time - makes boxing look like a bastion of purity and integrity.

The top 4, and their exact seedings, could have been predicted by anyone up to a month ago. No way is the committee going to rig anything other than an Alabama-Notre Dame final.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, gingerjon said:

On another thread I have accused boxing of being a bit bent.

It would be beyond hypocritical if I didn't point out that college football - which I adore for its absolute and resolute determination to be awful to everyone on the field all the time - makes boxing look like a bastion of purity and integrity.

The top 4, and their exact seedings, could have been predicted by anyone up to a month ago. No way is the committee going to rig anything other than an Alabama-Notre Dame final.

Its so incredibly confusing. I just dont bother.

THAT final Miami play.....WOW, one of the greatest things ive seen not in all the years Ive been following the NFL , but probaly in sport! Oh and against the Pats makes it all the sweeter ?

I thought you could only do one lateral per play in the NFL?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

21 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I thought you could only do one lateral per play in the NFL?

No its not just the one. Im a BIG Fins fan and just calming down now ?

Well what a week that was the only thing missing was the marching band. Dallas virtually take the NFC east with their o/t win against the Eagles. Chicago defeat the Rams to lock up NFC north. Pittsburgh collapse continues their kicker Boswell slipping whist trying a field goal with the last kick against the Raiders. AFC west teams being very good at converting on 4th and goal this week as Mahomes magic defeats the Ravens who must be absolutely gutted. Interesting to see how the Texans recover after their defeat at home to the Colts. Tonight sees the Vikings at Seattle.

Although it was a college game hee is that marching band.

Working from home every Monday, Tuesday and Friday to watch the games :)

Mahomes! Boom

Been saying it for years, the NFL is so progressive in so many ways and so limited in others. How scouts view QBs is a massive limitation; we've started to see a shift with Russell Wilson (shorter than 6ft) being at the forefront of that and now Mahomes is doing what he's doing.

The NFL is changing. 

Archived