NFL season 2018/19

Looks wide open again this year with most of the 32 teams fancying their chances of winning the Super Bowl.  It’s the beauty of the league in my opinion.

It could even be the year of London’s unofficial home team, the Jaguars, who probably have the best defense in the league and were just a single game away from the big one last time.

My pick though would be the Los Angeles Rams who have acquired a lot of talent in the off-season.

If you find it too slow then ignore the advert laden main games on Sky Sports and instead watch as-it-happens highlights on NFL Red Zone on Sky Sport Mix from 6pm.  This is constant advert free action from the games on a Sunday.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the advert laden games are great when on a night shift!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Sky seem to have about 20 different people on multiple panels discussing the games...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sky seem to have about 20 different people on multiple panels discussing the games...

I really could do without 20 matching blokes all doing the same default media bantz and telling us nothing that the main presenter doesn't already know.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Watched a bit of the Cowboys game last night. They were talking about the Miami game in one of the breaks. It had started at 6 UK time and I was watching it at just turned 12. So after 6+ hrs there was still a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is insane. 

15 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Watched a bit of the Cowboys game last night. They were talking about the Miami game in one of the breaks. It had started at 6 UK time and I was watching it at just turned 12. So after 6+ hrs there was still a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is insane. 

Game lasted 7 hrs and 10 minutes of which 3hrs 59 minutes were due to weather delay due to lightening strikes in the area. The game being delayed on more than one occasion due to the weather.

Nothing compared to baseball the longest game 8 hours and 25 minutes. This game had no weather delay just extra innings a lot of extra innings?

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Game lasted 7 hrs and 10 minutes of which 3hrs 59 minutes were due to weather delay due to lightening strikes in the area. The game being delayed on more than one occasion due to the weather.

Nothing compared to baseball the longest game 8 hours and 25 minutes. This game had no weather delay just extra innings a lot of extra innings?

Pussy cats! At least one cricket game has lasted 8 days (I think it was 8 - I fell asleep LOL)

PS. it was a test match about 80 years ago. (Just checked wiki - 1939 was the last one, it lasted 9 days, there have been 99 "timeless tests")

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Only the Browns could end a 17 game losing streak with a tie.

Seen this a few places. Makes me chuckle:

Dmsuza4XgAA8uYB.jpg:large

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Oh dear Darnold

Great recovery so far.

Dolphins fan here, glad we got the win....but started watching at 6 and finaly finished at about 1.15 ? Funny thing was, just as the 2 min warning was coming up, it suddenly switched to some new soap for about 30 secs...before finaly switching back to the end of the game!!!

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Who does everyone support and who is your tip for the Super Bowl?

Bears / Anyone but the Bears

15 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

So if it's a few years for the Bears, how long until Super Bowl glory for my "mighty" Browns?

Please, "Laydeez and Gennerlmen, Your Unbeaten 2017 Cleveland Browns" ...

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

So if it's a few years for the Bears, how long until Super Bowl glory for my "mighty" Browns?

If they would have actually drafted decent players with all those picks, not too long till they're in the playoffs.

I think they'll be decent in a few years; i'm not impressed by Hue Jackson, but time will tell. They have a decent young squad, just not tough / experienced enough, especially after Thomas retired.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

9 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’ve always supported the Redskins since the early 80s as I thought they had crazy fans and were a blue collar team.

Washington haven’t looked like winning the Super Bowl for quite some time now.

But the manner of the win over the Cardinals has filled me with hope that we might at least make the playoffs this year.

I'd be surprised. Philly will win the division and the wild card spots will be hard to come by in the NFC. 6 out of Packers, Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Philly, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins. 

I like Alex Smith though.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Archived