New York team & tests still in the pipeline

Manxmanc

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Come On...be honest.  even if he spent the money in a way you thought was good it would still would not be enough, or not itemized in the right place, etc. etc.  Come on...be honest.

No. My soccer team was taken away and moved, so I’m naturally sceptical.

I really do think you have got me wrong.

Just because I have pointed out Toronto massage their attendances a bit too obviously (and all clubs massage, not just Toronto), you think I’m one of the anti brigade! 

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

No. My soccer team was taken away and moved, so I’m naturally sceptical.

I really do think you have got me wrong.

Just because I have pointed out Toronto massage their attendances a bit too obviously (and all clubs massage, not just Toronto), you think I’m one of the anti brigade! 

Don't let some round baller incident jade you from the plain rugby truth....Skolars not going anywhere....you can trust Argyle and TWP.

The attendances are accurate and you know it.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I haven’t got one iota of doubt that they are massaged. Sorry!

Its a circular argument,this is what I meant in my previous post when I said, "Come On, be honest!"

The attendances are accurate and you know it yet you continue to say they are 'massaged' when you know it is false....the attendances are verified and published....many posters on here, including myself , have been there to aleso verify.  Why would I lie about it?????????????  WHY WOULD I AND THE OTHERS DO SO??????????

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its a circular argument,this is what I meant in my previous post when I said, "Come On, be honest!"

The attendances are accurate and you know it yet you continue to say they are 'massaged' when you know it is false....the attendances are verified and published....many posters on here, including myself , have been there to aleso verify.  Why would I lie about it?????????????  WHY WOULD I AND THE OTHERS DO SO??????????

Your naivety is almost touching. Attendances are not head counts.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Your naivety is almost touching. Attendances are not head counts.

So attendances do not actually 'count' the number of people attending....you English are indeed a funny lot.

Cheerio.

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Ricky Wilby is a former PE teacher from Huddersfield. It doesn't sound like he is best suited to lead the New York expansion

Your original post showed of my page as a funny box thing. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

15 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Why is NY the toughest market in the toughest city?

Its a huge, rich city, with a lot of expats and young people.

People seem to labour under this weird impression that to be successful we need to 'break' New York. like we are going up against the Giants, the Jets, The knicks and the Yankees. We arent. We arent trying to take over.

NY is probably amongst the easiest cities to expand in to. Its far easier to try and get your hands a negligibly small piece of something massive than a chunk of something small.

Toughest market was referring to the American market with New York being the toughest in that market to break into. You're obviously under the illusion that it will be a walk in the park. With an endeavour like this, you'd ideally want a someone who is familiar with the local environment and who has operated a pro sports team before. Wilby doesn't tick either box so please tell me why you think it is a good idea?

15 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Why is NY the toughest market in the toughest city?

Its a huge, rich city, with a lot of expats and young people.

People seem to labour under this weird impression that to be successful we need to 'break' New York. like we are going up against the Giants, the Jets, The knicks and the Yankees. We arent. We arent trying to take over.

NY is probably amongst the easiest cities to expand in to. Its far easier to try and get your hands a negligibly small piece of something massive than a chunk of something small.

You are mistaken about there being a lot of expats in New York.  As you can see here the combined total UK-born population of all five boroughs is just 26,914, and only a minority of those will be from the northern "heartland" of RL.  Demographically New York is very different from Toronto.

10 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Why is it the toughest market? There are lots of people, lots of money, we only need to be attractive to a very small proportion of them to be successful.

Nobody would choose a double glazing salesman as the ideal CEO, yet here we are 25+ years later and GH is the most successful in the game.

Look at historical cases. Even football with its huge financial backing struggled for a long time

The problem in NY is the availability of a proper stadium, high cost of living, and having a proper investor group who can put cash up front. etc.  Of course, in such a large city, you could get a RL following if things are financed and done properly (like in Toronto). 

The problem is one that I have observed seems to sort of exist throughout  RL...its a mindset...why try a team in the 'toughest' market to break after we saw the lack luster results of the Denver test?  Did we not learn anything?

Why not put a team in an 'easy' market to crack....its a bullheaded way of thinking to keep banging your head on a concrete wall.  Why make things more difficult than they actually have to be?  Crack the easy markets first....then tackle the hard markets when you have a successful platform and the resources to do so....this fixation with NY, NY is somewhat bizarre, its seems to be part of the English character though (that and Niagara Falls), common sense for a change.....easy markets first.

36 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Wilby isnt the topic in question.

Its a bit creepy to think he is

Wilby was the one who has created the publicity,and put in the timeframe - now seemingly long gone,for July

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/26/new-york-bid-ramps-up-with-shaun-johnson-in-sights/ 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived