End of season play offs

39 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

Who's going for who in the Grand finals at Featherstone October 6th

I'm pretty confident we'll get there and in terms of opponent I'm edging towards West Hull over Thatto at the moment. I'll make a bold prediction the final will be Hunslet Parkside v West Hull with us to win by 10. Battle of the green and golds. 

What’s people’s thoughts on having play offs in the lower leagues to see who gets the final promotion place?

To me the team that finishes highest should be promoted as they have been the most consistent team all season rather than leaving it to what amounts to a cup comp at the end of the season. It is this level of consistency and performance that the team who gets promoted to a higher league will need rather than potentially producing 2 good performances at the end of the season  

Totally agree I've always thought whoever wins the league are the champions. This grand final playoff to me is just something we now do to copy aversion of the Aussies Wingfield Cup, to me the league is won over a season and promotion should be top 2/3 up bottom 2/3 down simple as that. 

50 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

With only 12 teams in a league I think three up three down is abit much, surely two up two down is better?

I'd agree if we always saw the promoted sides struggle or the relegated sides dominate the league below but that doesn't happen. At this level you want as many teams as possible to have high stakes games at the latter end of the season and I think 3 up 3 down gives that.

Ok Sidsmudge hope your well, will have to up our game to get to the final. Was talking to a few Siddal fans yesterday they were saying you had your chances for a win last game, hopefully get the win Saturday for another chance to come up with the win. 

So Egremont have Made it to within 80 minutes of the grand final, many tipped Egremont for religation this year.

The team is mainly the same as last year with only Stephen Fox who returned this year from Whitehaven. Am proud of what thy have achieved this season and for most part say in 2nd only go stumble towards the end which cost them 2nd place.

Egremont to beat West Hull by 8 am gonna. Say

I went to Crosfields .v. Saddleworth Rangers as a neutral and in the back of my mind I had a sneaky feeling Rangers may get through but they romped home 50-24. I don't know if it affected the Crosfields lads or not but if they had got through many of them would not be available for the final next week. Many of them are away on a bachelor weekend that was arranged before the NCL extended the season. I don't want to take anything away from Rangers though as I have seen them steadily improve each time I have watched them this season. I have watched Wigan St. Judes a couple of times too and although they have home advantage next week don't be surprised if the 6th placed team get promotion. I was planning to go to Featherstone next week but I'm undecided now. St. Judes .v. Saddleworth should be a good, even game.

Well it's all down to the last game of the season, three very hard games against each other already with no quarter given nor asked for. Looking forward to another hard bruising game, 1st and 2nd places in the league slugging it out one more time. 

Archived