French Scene

audois

I understand a meeting was held in Carcassonne last Friday with all the top brass involved. CEO s Jouffret and Garcia Dragons and TO respectively. Coaches MacNamara, Houles and Cologni around the table along with Federation President Palanques. Hopefully a good sign. Sorting out I presume where the Tricolores are in relation to the changing club scene. A need for a coherent strategy with everyone singing from the same hymn sheet at last.

https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/une-equation-a-resoudre/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, audois said:

I understand a meeting was held in Carcassonne last Friday with all the top brass involved. CEO s Jouffret and Garcia Dragons and TO respectively. Coaches MacNamara, Houles and Cologni around the table along with Federation President Palanques. Hopefully a good sign. Sorting out I presume where the Tricolores are in relation to the changing club scene. A need for a coherent strategy with everyone singing from the same hymn sheet at last.

https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/une-equation-a-resoudre/

Is Box 30 the Orange Livebox or is it another Channel?

Seems they are also concerned that a number of Catalans players need surgery and if TO get through to SL they will recall players early from any internationals.  It’s a conundrum for both coaches and reading between the lines, Wood has already been consulted.  Or am I reading that wrong?

It looks like Carcassonne will be on the Elite 1 starting line come late November after all. 'ASC Sport' have announced  three new Presidents taking charge - Mr Bergé, Mr Camel and Mr Valero. Camel a retired bank manager and Dr Valero have been involved with the club in the past. Maintaining the 10 clubs was crucial I think. Looking forward also to see how the enlarged Elite 2 go kicking off next weekend with particularly on eye on newcomers Pia and Toulon.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

20 minutes ago, audois said:

It looks like Carcassonne will be on the Elite 1 starting line come late November after all. 'ASC Sport' have announced  three new Presidents taking charge - Mr Bergé, Mr Camel and Mr Valero. Camel a retired bank manager and Dr Valero have been involved with the club in the past. Maintaining the 10 clubs was crucial I think. Looking forward also to see how the enlarged Elite 2 go kicking off next weekend with particularly on eye on newcomers Pia and Toulon.

Expect Baho to walk Elite 2 after signing Pala, M. Da Costa and Joan Guasch from St Esteve as well as a number of Catalans u19s players.

31 minutes ago, audois said:

3 Presidents? Is that normal in France? Seems a bit top heavy and unnecessary or are they the equivalent of directors over here?

26 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Expect Baho to walk Elite 2 after signing Pala, M. Da Costa and Joan Guasch from St Esteve as well as a number of Catalans u19s players.

Will be interesting to see who goes where re-Dragons Academy. Will the likes of Mourgue, Le Cam, Laguerre and Vailhen go direct to St Esteve and younger ones Brochon, Carre and Salabio to Baho.

1 minute ago, audois said:

Will be interesting to see who goes where re-Dragons Academy. Will the likes of Mourgue, Le Cam, Laguerre and Vailhen go direct to St Esteve and younger ones Brochon, Carre and Salabio to Baho.

I don't think full-time Catalans Dragons players will be anywhere near Elite 2 or Baho. St Esteve have released most of their squad to allow the youngsters to come through.

1 hour ago, audois said:

Any news on fundraising to cover the 150,000 euros?

I think it will be a better league this season. 

Elima is getting some better players in at Palau and the link up between Dracs and the Geckos will help give players some game time elsewhere. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

Pala had originally signed to play Union but  came to his senses after being nagged by Guasch & co to join them at Baho.

Baho beat VARL (missing a few through injury) in a pre-season 'friendly' to get some revenge for the semi-final defeat in may. I bet Elite 2 will be even better this time around, each team will play four games extra which has to be good for the competition as a whole.

23 hours ago, RLX111 said:

Any news on fundraising to cover the 150,000 euros?

SASP, (société anonyme sportive professionnelle) target reached €38,000 but still well short of the figure hoped for I understand. Seems that they've struggled to attract commercial interest locally (asking for €1,000 per company). Maybe lots of supporters chipping in. They're pushing on to the end of September I believe. Apparently the smaller towns like Limoux and Lezignan do better commercially because there's no competition from the XV.and why ASC who have to go up against USC in Pro 2 want to aim a lot higher like Dragons and TO are doing. ASC are aiming to be in a professional comp within 5 years.

5 minutes ago, audois said:

SASP, (société anonyme sportive professionnelle) target reached €38,000 but still well short of the figure hoped for I understand. Seems that they've struggled to attract commercial interest locally (asking for €1,000 per company). Maybe lots of supporters chipping in. They're pushing on to the end of September I believe. Apparently the smaller towns like Limoux and Lezignan do better commercially because there's no competition from the XV.and why ASC who have to go up against USC in Pro 2 want to aim a lot higher like Dragons and TO are doing. ASC are aiming to be in a professional comp within 5 years.

I posted in another thread about ASC that they haven't made it easy for fans on this side of the Channel to donate should they wish.

rldfsignature.jpg

13 hours ago, barnyia said:

Rugby union team at home, game with nothing to play for, lots of money spent to go to wembley etc, I was there and disappointed too but it was a good game. 

What crowds are the union side getting?  I noticed they're bottom of the league.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

I went to the game v St Helens and we went to McDonalds before the game and the car park was packed like I have never known it. Then I saw all those people in red and yellow but not as we know it!

The attendance at the USAP game was over 11,000 according to Midi Olympique. More than at Gilbert Brutus.

Difficult to know how many of these would have come to Dragons had the fixtures not clashed.

Does this add to the 'meaninglessness' argument against the Super 8s for 3 or 4 of the teams? 

Does it also suggest that clashes in fixtures should be avoided for all parties sakes? But couldn't be because of the lateness of 8s scheduling.

33 minutes ago, Tattersfieldtreiziste said:

I went to the game v St Helens and we went to McDonalds before the game and the car park was packed like I have never known it. Then I saw all those people in red and yellow but not as we know it!

The attendance at the USAP game was over 11,000 according to Midi Olympique. More than at Gilbert Brutus.

Difficult to know how many of these would have come to Dragons had the fixtures not clashed.

Does this add to the 'meaninglessness' argument against the Super 8s for 3 or 4 of the teams? 

Does it also suggest that clashes in fixtures should be avoided for all parties sakes? But couldn't be because of the lateness of 8s scheduling.

Quite a few, same with the clash with wembley, and the first day of new season for USAP.Lots of cross coders and families do exist side by side.

French scene cheer up!?

300 plus at Rivesaltes cinema(admission 10 e) last night to see the hour long movie/documentary made about the exploits cup and autograph session.Cup is touring around- at St Cyprien last week.

According to L'Independent USAP have some legal claims  400,000 euros and 300,000 euros against them,

Today Pro 2 carcassone somebody wants 113,000 euros their lawyer says club a bit empty!

ps bought my supplement on wembley from perpignan airport last week, dragon flip flops from gallerie layfette and wife a dragon polo shirt.

I would like to see the Dragons next year re-visit on-the-road games. In the past they've done Carcassonne, Beziers,Montpellier, Toulouse and Barcelona. Especially if loop-games are re-introduced plus having the Cup to show-off. Albi and Avignon would be good especially the latter with so many Vauclusiens in their line-ups. They need to spread their wings more.

Archived