San Miguel in south stand bar

Rambo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dem' dere stu wards wud luv yoose on speshal breww

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

14 hours ago, Rambo said:

I think this has been discussed before but why can’t the club sell a better choice of beers and lagers in the South stand?

Carlsberg on Sunday was rank.

Well, one of the perks of being in the elite stand is ........... lipsmackinthirstquenchinclackdrenchin San Miguel - almost makes it worth the extra two quid (three next year). :D

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Well, one of the perks of being in the elite stand is ........... lipsmackinthirstquenchinclackdrenchin San Miguel - almost makes it worth the extra two quid (three next year). :D

So you sell one lager in posh stand and a sub standard one in south stand ?

IMG_0583.JPG

This is great, the two hot topics on the Dewsbury forum, Spanish lager and dogs beefing up the crowd lol

Come on Mr F slip us the names of some signings for the Sheep coz at this rate you'll be relegated by May

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The question was asked before and the answer was that it was thought that they wouldn't sell enough to warrant a keg being installed and that it would go off as the bar is only used on match days!!   So I buy my San Miguel in the bailey bar and carry it round ( in a plastic ) to the South stand before the game !!  ....  I know, I know..... but its better than the gnats p that masquerades as Carlsberg!!   

Lambrini (prosecco or is it prozac) for the shelias and carling black desperate for the toothless terriers....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

It's lager - ipso facto it's all sub-standard.

To be honest complaining about poor quality drink at a sports stadium is like complaining about poor waiter service in Macdonald's.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

This is great, the two hot topics on the Dewsbury forum, Spanish lager and dogs beefing up the crowd lol

Come on Mr F slip us the names of some signings for the Sheep coz at this rate you'll be relegated by May

Signings,we don’t even know who’s re-signing let alone signings☹️You say relegated by May I’ll better that,I’ll say April?

20 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Not exactly - we sell the substandard one as well, for the cheapskates that come round from the SS after the match. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

19 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Signings,we don’t even know who’s re-signing let alone signings☹️You say relegated by May I’ll better that,I’ll say April?

Puzzles me too Graham. Dogs could already field a competitive side, but here we are, nearly two weeks into the end of season merry-go-round, and we haven't heard doodlesquat about potential signings. Are we keeping then under wraps to avoid being gazumped by Fev or Fax ? :resent:

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Puzzles me too Graham. Dogs could already field a competitive side, but here we are, nearly two weeks into the end of season merry-go-round, and we haven't heard doodlesquat about potential signings. Are we keeping then under wraps to avoid being gazumped by Fev or Fax ? :resent:

I doubt it somehow,even though Fev are having to cut their cloth accordingly we still won’t be able to compete with them financially.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

As you would have read in the programme when you got home on Sunday we are heavily involved in negotiations with a number of players, including some of our own, at present. MS will be announcing our recruits when they have signed.

Christmas then. ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

As you would have read in the programme when you got home on Sunday we are heavily involved in negotiations with a number of players, including some of our own, at present. MS will be announcing our recruits when they have signed.

Christmas then. ?

And that's another thing. If we (North standers) are going to have to fork out another three quid next year, a free program should be included, and maybe a free drink (not Carlsbeeurgh) and some nibbles - and one of them massage chairs. :rtfm:

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

And that's another thing. If we (North standers) are going to have to fork out another three quid next year, a free program should be included, and maybe a free drink (not Carlsbeeurgh) and some nibbles - and one of them massage chairs. :rtfm:

You don't want much do you?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, the old nine ole said:

The question was asked before and the answer was that it was thought that they wouldn't sell enough to warrant a keg being installed and that it would go off as the bar is only used on match days!!   So I buy my San Miguel in the bailey bar and carry it round ( in a plastic ) to the South stand before the game !!  ....  I know, I know..... but its better than the gnats p that masquerades as Carlsberg!!   

What concerns me about this practice is buying alcohol in the Bailey bar (outside the ground) then walking around outside, to gain entry into the southstand, thought the stewards would have refused entry?? 

It also sets a dangerous precedence that bringing your own beer into the ground is acceptable, if that's the case bring your own San Miguel lol

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

"thought the stewards would have refused entry??"

Actually.... You make a very good point!!

So now they probably will ... thanks!!  Thats me having to sit in the North Stand from now on!!  or drink Gnats P!!  Cheers!!

Lol 

The stewards read... Come on going a bit extreme there mate lol

You'll be fine :)

I'll have a word with the powers that be, and see if its possible to get some bottles or cans over in the amber ribbon bar if that's OK, wouldn't want colonel klink and the rest of the third reich searching every crevice for contraband. 

Out of curiosity do they sell San Miguel in the Royal suite?? 

:)

8 hours ago, coolie said:

Lol 

The stewards read... Come on going a bit extreme there mate lol

You'll be fine :)

I'll have a word with the powers that be, and see if its possible to get some bottles or cans over in the amber ribbon bar if that's OK, wouldn't want colonel klink and the rest of the third reich searching every crevice for contraband. 

Out of curiosity do they sell San Miguel in the Royal suite?? 

:)

Well they don't give it away. Could be a bit pricey for some of the SS though. ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

23 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Well they don't give it away. Could be a bit pricey for some of the SS though. ;)

how much is San Miguel GOR?....do you have 1, 2 or 3 ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

15 hours ago, RPH said:

how much is San Miguel GOR?....do you have 1, 2 or 3 ?....

I'm not actually sure - I just tip em over a fiver and wait for my change, but I think it's about 3.20 a pint.Certainly a lot cheaper than my local anyway.  I only have a couple - or if the current Mrs Grumpy asks, just a half. ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived