San Miguel in south stand bar

Rambo

On 9/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, the old nine ole said:

The question was asked before and the answer was that it was thought that they wouldn't sell enough to warrant a keg being installed and that it would go off as the bar is only used on match days!!   So I buy my San Miguel in the bailey bar and carry it round ( in a plastic ) to the South stand before the game !!  ....  I know, I know..... but its better than the gnats p that masquerades as Carlsberg!!   

I've had a word with the powers that be, and San Miguel will be available in the southstand.. Might be bottles or cans at first to see if its viable to get a barrel in there,so the more you sup of it, it maybe a good idea to get rat-arsed at the first few games net season to strengthen your case for a barrel. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now GOR has no excuses not to visit his lowly brethren

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, grumpyoldram said:

current Mrs Grumpy  ;)

??? Current ???

maybe it should be Randee old Ram

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

13 minutes ago, RPH said:

??? Current ???

maybe it should be Randee old Ram

TBF, she has been current for over forty years. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

8 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Now GOR has no excuses not to visit his lowly brethren

Cans, plastic glasses, queues will do for starters. Can you get the powers that be to crack down some decent champoo in the Royal suite for us Coolie, Just to maintain the status quo like ? (and none of that Co-op merde). :lol:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Cans, plastic glasses, queues will do for starters. Can you get the powers that be to crack down some decent champoo in the Royal suite for us Coolie, Just to maintain the status quo like ? (and none of that Co-op merde). :lol:

For me... As a non boozer

You've to listen for what the fans want and set your stall accordingly. 

On 15 September 2018 at 8:59 AM, grumpyoldram said:

I'm not actually sure - I just tip em over a fiver and wait for my change, but I think it's about 3.20 a pint.Certainly a lot cheaper than my local anyway.  I only have a couple - or if the current Mrs Grumpy asks, just a half. ;)

Yesterday San Miguel was £4.30 a pint at Hornets. A lot of my drinking pals don't go in the bar after the game anymore because of the cost of the beer. They go into town and drink at one of the more expensive bars but if you're an ale drink and  a CAMRA member it's still cheaper !

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yesterday San Miguel was £4.30 a pint at Hornets. A lot of my drinking pals don't go in the bar after the game anymore because of the cost of the beer. They go into town and drink at one of the more expensive bars but if you're an ale drink and  a CAMRA member it's still cheaper !

That's a rip off. Having said that, paid £7.50 for a pint of SM and a small coke in a pub near Norwich. Would of told him to stuff it, but thirst got the better of me. :rolleyes:

George Bernard Shaw.

On 9/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, grumpyoldram said:

That's a rip off. Having said that, paid £7.50 for a pint of SM and a small coke in a pub near Norwich. Would of told him to stuff it, but thirst got the better of me. :rolleyes:

£1 a pint for Hansa Draught in Namibia if anyone is interested.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Cracking price but what time would I get in Saturday morning. It's hard enough walking up Batley Field Hill never mind getting home from downtown Windhoek after a skin full.?

On 9/28/2018 at 7:56 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Hey Grumpy, from where I am currently ensconced, San Miguel is either €1.50 or €3 for 400ml (depending on whether it is the three hour 'happy hour' or not).

How does that compare?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Hey Grumpy, from where I am currently ensconced, San Miguel is either €1.50 or €3 for 400ml (depending on whether it is the three hour 'happy hour' or not).

How does that compare?

Divide the total cost of your holiday by the number of pints you drunk...… =

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

How does that compare?

Jealous.:O

George Bernard Shaw.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

On the subject of boozer hopefully one day the club will start selling John Smith's, Tetleys is fine but it's not my first choice bitter.

Oh dear Kelsey, you must have Courage to drink John Smith's beer. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

On the subject of boozer hopefully one day the club will start selling John Smith's, Tetleys is fine but it's not my first choice bitter.

Wait till you get to our age you don't need beer to be bitter then you can appreciate San Miguel..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Ossett breweries Yorkshire Blonde et al!!  ... now that would make sense ...  local 'good' beer .. local club!!  

Its such a no brainer .... but I guess the discounts would make it difficult to realise.... still worth a shout though1  

I’ve been saying this for months,get Ossett brewery on board. 

8 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Ossett breweries Yorkshire Blonde et al!!  ... now that would make sense ...  local 'good' beer .. local club!!  

Its such a no brainer .... but I guess the discounts would make it difficult to realise.... still worth a shout though1  

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve been saying this for months,get Ossett brewery on board. 

They do good beer do Ossett brewery I'd be happy with them supplying it.

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Oh dear Kelsey, you must have Courage to drink John Smith's beer. 

Don't like non alcoholic beers TBF. Now Ossett excelsior - that IS a proper beer.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Sliver King.... even better

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Archived