And another Bulldog inbound Danny Yates

Batley Bob

I find this announcement rather strange. Doesn't it go against our usual policy of not announcing signings of players currently under contract to other clubs until that club have finished their fixtures?

Also if we can make this announcement why do we not announce which current players have not been offered a contract for next season or those who have been offered one but have stated they do not wish to sign for next season?

Not sure. It was certainly common knowledge on Sunday that Yates was signing for us perhaps that's why, it could also be that the club is still negotiating with certain players, who are considering our offer or trying to go d a better one!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, fredm said:

I find this announcement rather strange. Doesn't it go against our usual policy of not announcing signings of players currently under contract to other clubs until that club have finished their fixtures?

Also if we can make this announcement why do we not announce which current players have not been offered a contract for next season or those who have been offered one but have stated they do not wish to sign for next season?

I was thinking same,at least the Rams show some respect to other clubs by not announcing any new signings until beginning of February?

5 hours ago, fredm said:

to be fair kevin did mention way back in start a july they were having talks with yates and a couple of others in a post he made on here, your right thou on not been up to date with whos off and whos coming in to replace them. i know a few who were off to pastures new by the games they were having a few weeks back, cant wait for graham to let us know the decent dews player we were having at some point past few weeks,:mail:

Nothing whatsoever strange about announcing a signing now before the end of the season. Other Clubs can announce the signing of any of our players at a time they wish. I am not aware of Clubs announcing their players have signed for a different Club but if they have it is up to them. If we have not announced one of our existing players has signed for next season then he has not. He may sign later or may have signed for another club but that is his business. If a player wants to announce anything himself we cannot stop him but he may wish to keep his affairs private. We always get agreement of player before we announce his signing. Nothing has changed and nothing wrong with our approach.As soon as we can and feel it is right we will announce signings. We will hopefully be announcing more signings before the end of the season and indeed within a week but we have to get everything over the line first.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

to be fair kevin did mention way back in start a july they were having talks with yates and a couple of others in a post he made on here, your right thou on not been up to date with whos off and whos coming in to replace them. i know a few who were off to pastures new by the games they were having a few weeks back, cant wait for graham to let us know the decent dews player we were having at some point past few weeks,:mail:

Sounds like you can more or less take your pick.:rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• 2 months later...

Archived