14 Sept: Super 8s: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 18:45

After so long without a single point for either side, the floodgates have been very definitely breached.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I've got a try." Hmm.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

"I've got a try." Hmm.

It needed two specific moments to be carefully examined, and the right decision was arrived at, so climb down off your cross.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

The Sky/Wigan love-in is getting a bit much now. It's been a good game, despite the fawning of the commentary team.

"I don't want to insult the Australians (but) I am like, 'These guys are some damn idiots'. Nobody plays football without pads every week for three, four or five months and don't make any money. At least in the NFL, you are going to kill yourself and . . . you get to be a millionaire after it's over."

NBA legend Charles Barkley

Well done,Wigan apparently you deserved it

"I don't want to insult the Australians (but) I am like, 'These guys are some damn idiots'. Nobody plays football without pads every week for three, four or five months and don't make any money. At least in the NFL, you are going to kill yourself and . . . you get to be a millionaire after it's over."

NBA legend Charles Barkley

13 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Give over, it's a Manfredi mutual appreciation society.

It takes a special type of bitter to be resentful about a young lad making a comeback after a two year, very nearly career ending injury. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan have got some weapons in the backs,... Tomkins, Escare, Manfredi, Gildart etc... Can anyone stop them now as the pack is strong too.... They look like GF winners. 

Not being a gambler, I'd nevertheless love to see the pre-GF odds during the playoffs in previous years, compared to the actual winners.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

It takes a special type of bitter to be resentful about a young lad making a comeback after a two year, very nearly career ending injury. 

Best of luck to him. I have wished him a safe and healthy return on here before and I hope he has more luck from now on.

But you obviously haven't paid much attention to my posts passim if you think I am going to get into a froth about every Wigan fairytale - leave that to Phil Clarke. There'll be none of it when Currie comes back.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Best of luck to him. I have wished him a safe and healthy return on here before and I hope he has more luck from now on.

But you obviously haven't paid much attention to my posts passim if you think I am going to get into a froth about every Wigan fairytale - leave that to Phil Clarke. There'll be none of it when Currie comes back.

We have paid attention to your posting history, and the froth is there in abundance whenever Wigan play anyone, let alone Warrington.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan have got some weapons in the backs,... Tomkins, Escare, Manfredi, Gildart etc... Can anyone stop them now as the pack is strong too.... They look like GF winners. 

Looked like the team best equipped to win it right from the outset to me. Not seen anything over the course of the season to change that view.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I said it was boring, maybe because I am watching this back to back with the Penrith v Cronulla game from earlier today, not only different continents, the games are worlds apart, bring on the Souths v St George game tomorrow.

Why don't you just ring up and ask for a £15 assisted passage and put us all out of our misery. I'll  chip in a 10p piece and an empty tin of Tooheys. 

Archived