14 Sept: Super 8s: Wakefield Trinity v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Catalans Dragons
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 18:45

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think McNamara is driving his team on to a strong finish to the season, so that he has a good technical and self-confidence foundation on which to build early in 2019.  So, unlike CoC, I don't think les Dracs are quite 'sur la plage' yet!

The key issue will be how many inexperienced, younger players he puts out.  If it's too many, then Trinity will romp home.  But if it's no more than two or three, then the outcome will be very close - maybe even a draw!  Goudemand, for instance, is clearly thriving on being surrounded by experienced colleagues.

With Shudds getting beat last night there's a bit of extra incentive for Trinity to try and get the two points on offer.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Dragons seem to have loads of backrowers leaving them a bit light up front and thin in the backs

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

On 9/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think McNamara is driving his team on to a strong finish to the season, so that he has a good technical and self-confidence foundation on which to build early in 2019.  So, unlike CoC, I don't think les Dracs are quite 'sur la plage' yet!

The key issue will be how many inexperienced, younger players he puts out.  If it's too many, then Trinity will romp home.  But if it's no more than two or three, then the outcome will be very close - maybe even a draw!  Goudemand, for instance, is clearly thriving on being surrounded by experienced colleagues.

The new broom Dragons/Tricolores feature here under Cologni  - training session Port-Barcares Monday. L- R  Belmas, Jullien, Goudemand and Da Costa

French team.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

7 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Don’t want to stereotype but the French played like cowards.

Up the Trin 

One of them appeared to have another go at Huby after the hooter had blown, luckily other players intervened & pulled him away. After being continually told how good Catalan were for the game recently, I thought we’d seen the end of this nonsense!

Wakey really were coasting at  34-12 with Hampshire having missed 4 conversions to give a flattering scoreline to the French.  Unfortunately with the game well lost Catalans took full advantage of a weak and naive ref to just kill the game as a spectacle.

Tom Johnstone .  His 2nd try had everything.  Only Makinson comes anywhere near matching that sort of finishing.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived