14 Sept: Super 8s: St Helens v Hull FC KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 18:45

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that Saints will need any assistance from the referee to win this one.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Think Saints will throw in a load of kids and rest players for the bigger games not superleague whipping boy rabble. FC will give it a go but can only see Saints win by 20 even with their foot off the gas. Apparently we are targeting the Catalans game to break the losing streak!

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Think Saints will throw in a load of kids and rest players for the bigger games not superleague whipping boy rabble. FC will give it a go but can only see Saints win by 20 even with their foot off the gas. Apparently we are targeting the Catalans game to break the losing streak!

Haven’t done that all year, don’t expect it to happen now. 

41 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Haven’t done that all year, don’t expect it to happen now. 

No but you have the LLS secure now, so it would make sense to rest a few players for a week or two.

I am less apprehensive about this game than I was a week ago. We didn't disgrace ourselves against Cas, and Saints haven't been amazing lately. Also an outside chance of Connor and Kelly being available apparently, but we will see when the squads come out.

Saints by 18

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

No but you have the LLS secure now, so it would make sense to rest a few players for a week or two.

I am less apprehensive about this game than I was a week ago. We didn't disgrace ourselves against Cas, and Saints haven't been amazing lately. Also an outside chance of Connor and Kelly being available apparently, but we will see when the squads come out.

Saints by 18

It would have made sense to rest players ahead of the Wigan and Warrington games before the Catalans semi, as we were ten points (iirc) clear at that point, were guaranteed a home Semi in the play-offs and still had the seven Super 8’s games left. 

1 hour ago, Eleftherios said:

Saints to coast home, no ref assistance needed.

16 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I don't think that Saints will need any assistance from the referee to win this one.

Great to see that the only reason we’re doing well this year is down to referees and not because we’ve been one of the best rugby playing sides this year. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Great to see that the only reason we’re doing well this year is down to referees and not because we’ve been one of the best rugby playing sides this year. 

Best side by a country mile. Even without some big decisions going their way in a number of matches.

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Who suggested that?

My post, and I suspect Eleftherios's post, was with reference to Liam Moore failing to spot a knock on and forward pass that ultimately led to Saints match winning try last time out at Catalans.

And before you suggest otherwise, why do you think he's been dropped from SL matches by the RFL this weekend?

17 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Who suggested that?

My post, and I suspect Eleftherios's post, was with reference to Liam Moore failing to spot a knock on and forward pass that ultimately led to Saints match winning try last time out at Catalans.

And before you suggest otherwise, why do you think he's been dropped from SL matches by the RFL this weekend?

Maybe for failing to control Catalans players. The reaction to the knock on by Kenny Edwards and reluctance to form scrums in the second half a prime example. Refs miss knock on/ ball strips all the time, early in the second half Edwards stripped the ball from LMS in a 2 man tackle however the ref gave a Catalan scrum. The linesmen need to provide much more support to the ref for forward passes. I have seen worse forward passes ignored by better quality referees.

37 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Who suggested that?

Moore and his officials who chalked off two good Saints tries and failed to send off Sam Moa? That fella? 

3 hours ago, Saint Hull said:

Maybe for failing to control Catalans players. The reaction to the knock on by Kenny Edwards and reluctance to form scrums in the second half a prime example. Refs miss knock on/ ball strips all the time, early in the second half Edwards stripped the ball from LMS in a 2 man tackle however the ref gave a Catalan scrum. The linesmen need to provide much more support to the ref for forward passes. I have seen worse forward passes ignored by better quality referees.

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Moore and his officials who chalked off two good Saints tries and failed to send off Sam Moa? That fella? 

The big difference here is I watched the game as a fan of neither side, you both watched it as Saints' fans.

The two incidents that I talked about were in the last minute of the game IIRC, and were the difference between winning and losing for the two teams.

Those two incidents favoured Saints.

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The big difference here is I watched the game as a fan of neither side, you both watched it as Saints' fans.

The two incidents that I talked about were in the last minute of the game IIRC, and were the difference between winning and losing for the two teams.

I fully agree that Saints got some calls however there were others that went against Saints including the high shot on Lomax which could have changed the course of the game before the final 2 minutes had the calls been correct. My other point is not with Saints blinkered eyes, Catalan players behaviour towards the referee was disgraceful, had that been Hicks or Thaler it would have been dealt with and Catalans would have had a man in the bin. Also they deliberately slowed the game down when winning with fake injuries and in particular at the scrums. I lost count of the number of times the referee asked them to form the scrum. Had this been a more experienced referee then I am certain a penalty would have been given to deal with the situation.

21 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

So you’re clouding over two other incidents from the game to fit some sort of weird agenda, then? Thanks for clearing that up. 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:16 PM, Old Frightful said:

If Connor plays Saints might as well give us the two points now and avoid the embarrassment.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 hours ago, MZH said:

Saints by 18

Reading the interview with Kelly on Hull's website, he seems to be saying he won't be fit to play for a while yet.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

58 minutes ago, Ullman said:

If Connor plays Saints might as well give us the two points now and avoid the embarrassment.

I know I'm getting a bit repetetive but, just for Toppy's sake,

:wub:

Archived