Alex Rowe leaving

colinb

Just seen on Facebook . Alex announced he is leaving for a new challenge with Newcastle. We're gonna miss you big fella on and off the field . Good luck to you and yours and best wishes. For sure we'll remember you here at the Mount. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

53 minutes ago, colinb said:

Just seen on Facebook . Alex announced he is leaving for a new challenge with Newcastle. We're gonna miss you big fella on and off the field . Good luck to you and yours and best wishes. For sure we'll remember you here at the Mount. 

Agreed. Ihave enjoyed watching him at the Mount, and wish him all the best forhis  time at Newcastle.

Been very good this season and many others too for that matter! Glad we won't be facing him next season at least lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

8 hours ago, colinb said:

a New Challenge ?....more Brass ?....or he does not drink at Priestley's?..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

14 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hope it works out for rowey got us the Grand final in 2013 and middle 8s but a new challenge awaits for him so it means a new prop coming in hopefully a hard old school prop who will do the hard graft

As opposed to the old hard school prop you're losing. Always rated Rowe, and I kind of hoped he might come over to us. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, Eric Bristow said:

A fantastic player for us over the years. However, the reality is that he's past his best and has probably stayed for at least a season too long. He'll be unstoppable in Championship 1, though. 

Personally, I think he's had a pretty good season for us, and he could certainly do it for at least one more. We'll miss him.

Your memory is a monster; you forget - it doesn't.

It simply files things away.

It keeps things for you, or hides things from you, and summons them to your recall with a will of it's own.

You think you have a memory, but it has you.

Disagree Eric; he was dropped down shirt order for Cropper at 10, then had to immediately step back up to first choice, you can probably count on one hand the games he hasn't played, you'd need even less fingers to count the times he hasn't put in a performance, whilst a guy who really thought WOULD stand out, Holland, hasn't broken any pots. Regardless of Keegan's leadership qualities, it was Rowey up front who put on the big hits and big yards.  If at all possible I'd have kept Alex. I'm still at a loss to come to grips with Diskin's ideas on releasing certain players and where he sees the club going, without losing a guy who does the biggest job onbthe pitch. At his age, he's right on top of his game, and with the service he'll get from Finn and the other guys Newcastle gave signed, he'll be massive.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:15 AM, grumpyoldram said:

As opposed to the old hard school prop you're losing. Always rated Rowe, and I kind of hoped he might come over to us. 

He would have if you"d offered him enough GOR

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

23 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

A fantastic player for us over the years. However, the reality is that he's past his best and has probably stayed for at least a season too long. He'll be unstoppable in Championship 1, though. 

He's turning into a very good and important impact player imo but I can't knock the guy for maximising his financial potential at the back end of his career. The big question is who do we replace him with? Holland looks to have the potential but hasn't quite got there yet and rumour has it he's undecided wether to stay or leave RL altogether. Liilycrop is turning into Lillycrock, but we need him back to his best. Gledhill is very solid and getting better every season but we need a couple of experienced big lads as I'd like to see Brown back at LF 

Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of Rowe. It's just that I think the impact he makes has progressively declined over the last few seasons. That's due to both age and all the pasty he's taken over his career. We need to be looking for the next Rowe now, not hanging on to a player who will need replacing sooner rather than later. 

As for Holland, we need to let him go. Clearly not a player of Championship quality and very disappointing given his size. Sadly, I think Lillycrop might be on his way too. Given his style of play, the shoulder injury he suffered has impacted massively upon his effectiveness.

2 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of Rowe. It's just that I think the impact he makes has progressively declined over the last few seasons. That's due to both age and all the pasty he's taken over his career. We need to be looking for the next Rowe now, not hanging on to a player who will need replacing sooner rather than later. 

As for Holland, we need to let him go. Clearly not a player of Championship quality and very disappointing given his size. Sadly, I think Lillycrop might be on his way too. Given his style of play, the shoulder injury he suffered has impacted massively upon his effectiveness.

one of the best props we have had and definatley could of done another season for us easily so will deffo dissagree on you with Rowe, i agree with you on holland however, AKA airbag, for size of him a waste of space at prop, could burst a balloon never mind a defence

Rowe wanted to stay but like a few others needed to think about £££££ especially if the offer was significantly less than what they recieve already.

Coaching is chaos as kear said. Rowe has been a great player in his time and from being a grub at donny/sheff a real entertaining bulldog and a great bloke to boot. All the best rowey

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst nosing around the sites of one or two other clubs I notice that Keal Carlile has moved from Fev to Newcastle. What with Liam Finn, our Rowey, Carlile and at least 1 other decent name (although I forget who it is!!) going up there, they really mean to have a crack at their division next year!!

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Whilst nosing around the sites of one or two other clubs I notice that Keal Carlile has moved from Fev to Newcastle. What with Liam Finn, our Rowey, Carlile and at least 1 other decent name (although I forget who it is!!) going up there, they really mean to have a crack at their division next year!!

Think the other name is Gareth hock 

IMG_0583.JPG

Couldn't give a rats rump about zac hardaker, gaz hock, leigh toronto etc.

It's the Dave Scott's and brethertons that make our sport great

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived