14/9/18 - D Day

Whitworth Yed

41 minutes ago, Whitworth Yed said:

So by this afternoon we should hopefully have a better idea of the way forward for Rugby league.

However will this day be remembered as a great one or the beginning of the end?

I reckon it'll be a bit of a damp squib with nothing decided or at the very least a big bucket of confusion.

I'd like to go into Sunday's game knowing where we stand, I seriously doubt that will be the case.

36 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

I reckon it'll be a bit of a damp squib with nothing decided or at the very least a big bucket of confusion.

I'd like to go into Sunday's game knowing where we stand, I seriously doubt that will be the case.

After all this is rugby league,a sport where nothing is ever set in stone or done for the long term. I'm just thinking about Sunday. Out of curiosity I wonder who will represent ORLFC at this meeting considering our chairman is recovering from surgery.

Proposals voted through, reports York and Bradford up now. 2 games to go in the season and everything changes. RL the gift that keeps giving.

On the other hand we can still go up. Maybe we need to win these playoffs to secure our future (as do the other clubs in the mix) possible lifeline for the four clubs who make the playoffs?

Farcical to change the format at this stage if it's all correct. Clubs have made the choice and now let the fun begin.

13 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

On the other hand we can still go up. Maybe we need to win these playoffs to secure our future (as do the other clubs in the mix) possible lifeline for the four clubs who make the playoffs?

As far as I can tell, we now have to win one from two to get in the play-offs. 

edit

Oh no, thinking about it, Haven go to York on the last day and could leapfrog us into the play-offs.  York, a team who will be in party mode.

1 minute ago, roughyed34 said:

Apparently now a meeting of champ/league one to decide wether to expand to 14 clubs and the format of promotion this season. No decision as yet. You couldn't make it up

It's almost like the thrills and spills and miles and nights away of the season past may have just been kept to a toss of the coin at the butt end of the year and we could have all saved ourselves the trouble.

9 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Apparently now a meeting of champ/league one to decide wether to expand to 14 clubs and the format of promotion this season. No decision as yet. You couldn't make it up

I know it doesn't help Oldham, but if three teams are to be promoted, then the Champions go up automatically, to be joined by the winners of the 2 play off semi finals, no play off final needed. At least that means the team finishing second have still to go through a play off, as it has been all season.

3 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

I know it doesn't help Oldham, but if three teams are to be promoted, then the Champions go up automatically, to be joined by the winners of the 2 play off semi finals, no play off final needed. At least that means the team finishing second have still to go through a play off, as it has been all season.

That's just your idea yeah?  To be honest we're in crazy-town now and I'd believe anything.

Who knows mate, could be anything! 

Personally I would have thought that champ/league 1 clubs would have had a plan in place for this outcome. Talking about it now is amateurish at best. Sums up the game though,plans made up on the spot written on the back of a fag packet.

Bet you guys at York are glad to be out of it really, at least you have earned your place in the Champ during the season and deserve the success. 

Guess we find out later what the next installment in the RL circus will be.

22 minutes ago, Whitworth Yed said:

Utter joke!

I just hope CH or another rep from Oldham attended to cast their vote.

I always attend the Grand Final but I think this will be my last year going to Old Trafford (already bought my ticket). I don’t want to put more money into SL club pockets after this.

I to will not attend another SL event 

Gareth Walker has just tweeted this...

"Championship and League One clubs now on a break from discussing their future structures. No agreement yet, and the decision will be made by the RFL board, rather than the clubs, hopefully today"

What's the point in the clubs discussing it if the RFL board make the decision? No point in this,just let the RFL tell clubs what they want to do NOW! because clubs input clearly does not matter.

Decision made "hopefully today"? Do they realise Champ and League 1 clubs play in 48hrs? 

Be nice to know what everyone is actually playing for this weekend.

Latest rumours are that the top team in League 1 will be promoted along with the winner of the play off final. The playoff structure will remain places 2-5.... But wait there is potentially a twist lol.....

From Twitter "Lifeline being thrown for Rochdale in the Championship/League 1 re-structuring I'm told. They'll get the chance to play the losers of the League 1 play-off final to remain in the 14-team second tier."

More complicated than it needs to be all this ?

Archived