14/9/18 - D Day

Whitworth Yed

That's potentially rewarding failure. Hornets don't deserve to survive after only winning 4 games all year.  You'd have the potential of Bradford needing to win at Spotland to achieve promotion having just lost a GF against us at Odsal.  They'd be pretty riled up when they got there ;) 

If this sticks (and we got to the final) it would be brilliant to go to Spotland and turn them over haha. Be like a home game for us,we would take hundreds ??

Think they are Failsworth, they have already used 4587 fag packets to write on the back of haha

Farcical.

1 minute ago, FailsworthYed said:

Are they just making it up as they go along or what?? 

This bit is now the championship clubs making it up, the SL have finished their bit and walked away. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, roughyed34 said:

If this sticks (and we got to the final) it would be brilliant to go to Spotland and turn them over haha. Be like a home game for us,we would take hundreds ??

Think they are Failsworth, they have already used 4587 fag packets to write on the back of haha

Farcical.

Load of excrement.

Hmm interesting, talk about 11th hour.... 

Should give us something to play for on Sunday at least, so Swinton are safe and if I understand this correctly Hornets still in with a chance of staying in the Champs for another year provided they beat the loser of the League 1 play off final ? 

TAOHAF I assume funding will remain in place til the new tv deal in 2021.

This is the format for next season's league 1. Gave up with a pic but it's on this tweet.  ?

https://twitter.com/RLChampionships/status/1040647615069663234?s=09

Doesn't really matter tbh MR where we stand as a club in all this, it's done now although it would be interesting to see what we (Mr H) thought of it all. To be honest the new format from next year is fine, it's the timing of these changes to achieve these structures so late in the day this season thats really upset everyone.

57 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

TAOHAF I assume funding will remain in place til the new tv deal in 2021.

This is the format for next season's league 1. Gave up with a pic but it's on this tweet.  ?

https://twitter.com/RLChampionships/status/1040647615069663234?s=09

Doesn't really matter tbh MR where we stand as a club in all this, it's done now although it would be interesting to see what we (Mr H) thought of it all. To be honest the new format from next year is fine, it's the timing of these changes to achieve these structures so late in the day this season thats really upset everyone.

I know it's done and dusted now mate. I just think we as fans should be kept in the loop when it's an important issue as this. If people don't agree they can make their own minds up on what they do as individuals. And yes the timing stinks to move the goal posts so late in the day.

Fair comment pal, when it comes to Oldham, unfortunately fans are very rarely in the loop with the goings on at the club. We are only told what Mr H makes available, part of the problem in the club imho. 

The actual major point in all this circus ie. Funding until the new tv deal in 2021, has not been announced yet as far as I know, I'm only assuming it remains the same. 

It's all gonna be deja vu in 3 years when the bickering starts again over the split of money to the lower divisions from a new SL TV deal. The sticking plaster has been applied for now but after 2021 nothing is certain, especially for Champ/League 1 clubs

Archived