2019 season tickets

moorside roughyed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey MR are you ok mate? You should know we leave everything til after Christmas,sometimes even Easter ??

Donny could go up Saints and they have released season tickets already and lots of clubs signing players for next year right now. 

We as such a progressive club ,like to stick to the tried and tested method of keeping everyone in the dark til the last possible moment cause we all know that breeds success and greater crowds, also means we can moan for most of the close season instead of being enthused and uplifted for the next one!?

22 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Blimey MR are you ok mate? You should know we leave everything til after Christmas,sometimes even Easter ??

Donny could go up Saints and they have released season tickets already and lots of clubs signing players for next year right now. 

We as such a progressive club ,like to stick to the tried and tested method of keeping everyone in the dark til the last possible moment cause we all know that breeds success and greater crowds, also means we can moan for most of the close season instead of being enthused and uplifted for the next one!?

Spot on mate.

It has mentioned about the lack of youngsters attending our games this season so I was thinking about buying an extra season ticket for a kid next season and donating the season ticket back to the club. If enough fans get on board it allow the club to offer a free day out for a group of school kids etc without impacting the clubs finances and help to boost the attendances. Fans should back this initiative 

34 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

I'd give all under 14s registered at local amateur clubs free season tickets and discounted season tickets to the parents of said under 14...

And give free tickets to schools..

Great way of getting more youngsters to games. Will our club be that forward thinking?

30 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Great way of getting more youngsters to games. Will our club be that forward thinking?

.......... No means giving up funds 

Just heard 2019 season tickets available after the second league game in 2025

14 hours ago, clifford said:

.......... No means giving up funds 

Not necessarily......

Parents will buy food,drinks,merchandise etc..for the kids...

Without wanting to sound like a fat cat capitalist...let them in for free then get money out of them...sounds horrible that but you get what I mean.

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

7 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Not necessarily......

Parents will buy food,drinks,merchandise etc..for the kids...

Without wanting to sound like a fat cat capitalist...let them in for free then get money out of them...sounds horrible that but you get what I mean.

I think that avro get the money from booze,food and other drinks.

Well that post went awry lol. Here is next season's Cru season tickets instead........ We should look at this idea, its spot on (obviously priced according to Oldhams pricing)....... also taken as it is could be a idea of (structure) pricing if Oldham ever became a members club??

Screenshot_20180927-152348_Twitter.jpg

I don’t want to upset people again with my simple statements what is Oldham full time CEO doing to match this club rising above us with less 

York 2 years ago no ground no club but appoint new chairman who pays rent to football club and pays an acceptable rent for a ground who they will get preople to watch them by selling the club then trust a good young coach who models a team around local kids he knows  

IMHO the whole club is stuck in a rut, in 2016 the club should have used the promotion to re engage with the town of Oldham, the club was still in the 19th century. Volunteers like Dave have brought parts of the club into 21st century but we are failing at other off field activities. 

This may be down to the fact that the office is 2 staff and the head has been off on long term sick. 

If something doesn't happen soon I see the death of a part time Oldham along with others. 

I fear for the game as a whole when the next TV deal is done. 

Remember by that stage sky won't be owned by murdock 

• 1 month later...

The price as Clifford says is held from last year. In fairness there were 9 clubs charging more than us for a match day ticket last season. 

The price of admission and season tickets is fine imho, bang on the average price of all clubs last year for league 1 rugby.

Agree with WellWisher, active marketing etc has to be a priority this season to bolster the support and try to drum up some new blood to hopefully help the side to a successful season.

Shame we didn't follow the Crusaders format and I am pleasantly surprised prices have been frozen.

This either means we can operate within the current  Parameters (size of crowd, squad size etc) or

(a)    The plan is to increase crowd sizes this year to generate a bigger budget

(b)   Reduce the squad size, talent etc

Hopefully it will be (a) although I guess no increase in budget would be available until mid season at best.

Archived