2019 season tickets

moorside roughyed

Back in the 80s/90s I subscribed to the ORLFC Lifeline lottery - I was even lucky enough to win the jackpot on one occasion ?. If I remember rightly, it was replaced by the Saturday Yankee. Are there any such fundraisers in place now? If so, why isn't it better publicised? I haven't seen/heard of any such thing in recent years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WellWisher said:

Back in the 80s/90s I subscribed to the ORLFC Lifeline lottery - I was even lucky enough to win the jackpot on one occasion ?. If I remember rightly, it was replaced by the Saturday Yankee. Are there any such fundraisers in place now? If so, why isn't it better publicised? I haven't seen/heard of any such thing in recent years.

https://roughyeds.co.uk/club-cash/

To sign up for a season ticket gets you one free game. The only way to benefit is to go to every home game and you get the last one free. No point whatsoever signing up. I'm on holiday during the season and so I miss one game anyway. Cash at the turnstyle for me then.  Who does the marketing at Oldham, they obviously don't pay to get in.

Isn't the point of a season ticket exactly that you attend every home game if you are a season ticket holder? ? One free game isn't bad when there are only ten to start with!

Don't see what your gripe is with next years season tickets tbh,I honestly don't see what the club could do differently on this. Pay for 9 get 10 games,save £14. It's not the clubs fault that the season runs during "holiday season" or that the RFL have made another John Halls of it by only giving league one clubs a paltry 10 home games and making it very difficult for clubs to sell season tickets on that basis. 

All clubs will most likely struggle to sell season tickets, pay on the gate is fine too though, I fancy quite a lot who don't purchase season tickets will pick and choose games to attend next year, I can't blame them for that although in another way it's a shame for our lads as the support will be less for the likes of West Wales,Skolars,Cov etc and that ultimately hurts the club financially and takes an income stream away. It's a case of use it or lose it really, it's not the most attractive prospect having only 10 games and some of those against perceived weaker teams.

It shouldn't matter who we play though,that's the nature of League 1 rugby,if people want ORLFC to survive and progress then people need to back the team and show there is a future for the club,the club need to do something different to market the life out of EVERY game next season to encourage people who are picking and choosing games (or even new fans) to attend and maybe sway them to get down to the Vestacare.

Will that happen? With our marketing history I doubt it, but I live in hope!

Up the Yeds!

9 hours ago, clifford said:

I'm been thinking about the season ticket prices and because Hemel have left the comp, that means there's one less home game and therefore the price may have increased 

Still £14 a game, but where you normally get two games free with a season ticket, you are only getting one game free.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:09 AM, PeterF said:

To sign up for a season ticket gets you one free game. The only way to benefit is to go to every home game and you get the last one free. No point whatsoever signing up. I'm on holiday during the season and so I miss one game anyway. Cash at the turnstyle for me then.  Who does the marketing at Oldham, they obviously don't pay to get in.

I am in a similar position. The way my holidays run, I tend to miss two games during the season. So am likely to pay at the gate. That said I will probably buy the four grandkids one.

19 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I'm on pay as you go this season.

That's what I'm going to do. I see you can pay over 3 months but by paying on the door I can pay over 9 months interest free. I know the club needs an injection of cash to back the boys but I think the deal needs more of a sweetner than a scarf that I'll never wear.

12 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

I still pay my money in, but I believe we are part of Salfords lottery. All the winners seem to be from there too

If that's the case, what do Roughyeds get out of it?

On 11/4/2018 at 9:19 AM, sheddingswasus said:

I still pay my money in, but I believe we are part of Salfords lottery. All the winners seem to be from there too

According to our clubs lottery joining form you pay to...

Oldham RLFC (1997) Development Fund. 

For Salford's it Salford Development Fund or suchlike.

The account numbers for ours and Salford's are completely seperate and also Salford relaunched theirs as Gold Line which also has a link to Bolton Wanderers. I would be surprised if ours and Salford's lotteries/club cash are linked. Who knows though? ?

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/lottery-relaunch-will-see-members-moved-to-gold-line-draw/

I can only tell you as I was told. I was discussing it with my collector tonight. He said it was connected and he thinks both may also be tied in with Warrington's. He said the money split was complicated. Thats all I know though.

The sad thing is even up to quite recently we had one of the strongest lotteries. 

If this info is incorrect I do apologise in advance.

No apologies needed ,I don't dispute what you say Sheddings I don't know much about it tbh, just had a little look out of interest and gleaned that bit of info from t'internet.

Like you say we seemed to have a decent lottery thing going on, I thought it was just from our club,seems there may be more to the workings of it than meets the eye.

I wonder if people are put off joining if this is right, wondering what money Oldham actually get from it and thinking they may be "helping" other clubs and have a lesser chance of a win if all the clubs are involved? 

Interesting, maybe the club should clarify it and make a push to get more members if it helps the club in some way.

Then again marketing is nonexistent at ORLFC. ?

11 minutes ago, Whitworth Yed said:

when are the 2019 fixtures out?

Been a bit irked by this lack of Championship/League 1 info this morning.  With three divisions, if you release the fixtures for just one of them you will naturally elicit "What about our fixtures" from fans in the lower leagues.  To not do so is a bit pants.

If anyone managed to find an announcement regarding our fixtures, I'm all eyes. 

2 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Been a bit irked by this lack of Championship/League 1 info this morning.  With three divisions, if you release the fixtures for just one of them you will naturally elicit "What about our fixtures" from fans in the lower leagues.  To not do so is a bit pants.

If anyone managed to find an announcement regarding our fixtures, I'm all eyes. 

Just spoke to a customer service representative at Red Hall, the 2019 fixture list for Championship (thats us) and Championship 1 (thats you) will be published on the 19th of November 2018

Good Luck Owdumb.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

23 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Just spoke to a customer service representative at Red Hall, the 2019 fixture list for Championship (thats us) and Championship 1 (thats you) will be published on the 19th of November 2018

Well at least that gives me a bit of time to prep something.  

Hopefully this season we'll do better than only being the fifth best team in our division and you'll do better than narrowly swerving the Championship wooden spoon.

4 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Good Luck Owdumb.

OMG. A good luck message from a hornet, wonder's will never cease.?. Are we starting to get along here?

16 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

The 2019 fixture list for Championship (thats us) and Championship 1 (thats you) will be published on the 19th of November 2018......

.... when Doris returns from her 2 week holiday.

Why the wait?  Potential for a new team to be drafted into League 1, after all we have lost 3 teams in the last couple of seasons, quite a drop in revenue for the club.

Archived