The Nine who Voted with SL

15 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Think your wasting your time mate, People are obsessed with formats and their own clubs survival, They don't get yet, that the collapse or failure of SL to deliver  improvements will mean the end of their clubs faster than anything else.

Just now it's all conspiracy theories, A week ago it was all about how the lower league clubs were going to stick together and put SL in their place and the likes of Scotchy were going to go into meltdown, Wev'e seen how that went.

There's plenty who can't wait for it to go wrong but if it goes right it will be because SL has done it by robbing the championship, This is the Championship that has nothing and survives on SL's earnings. They need to find ways to earn some money themselves but they won't because it's easier to blame SL.

Some people will never get into the real world

Says the supporter of a club with debts of £14m that survives simply because of the generosity of one man.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Says the supporter of a club with debts of £14m that survives simply because of the generosity of one man.

I am struggling here, correct me if I am wrong but I am sure there was another club that had a sugar daddy, think it begins with 'L', he pumped in millions and then walked, leaving the true fans with a ruined club after his vanity project went belly up.

Which all just proves my point. It's not about individual clubs, It's about a game that has been going down the tubes for years, It's getting left behind by just about every other sport.

Regards the Giants, I don't care how much they are in debt, I'm told it's hundreds of millions at Man U and they seem to be scraping by, Apart from that when the time comes that they can't hack it, then they have to go like any other club , If you read many of my posts you would know my thoughts on the Giants, I'll find a game to watch somewhere.

For me as far as any club goes, it doesn't matter where you get the money, they important bit is having it.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

8 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

A big problem with RL is everyone seems entirely agreed that the game needs money. But it seems all money is the wrong money.

SL sells rights to Sky. Greedy clubs selling the soul of the game

People like Davy invest in Huddersfield. Just a sugar daddy.

People like Lenagan want to spend to bring more in. Greedy, cutting off the rest of the game.

People like Argyle want to invest in Toronto: Pie in the sky, damaging the real fans, sugar daddy.

Where is this money the game so desperately need going to come from that has no strings attached, doesnt involve any sacrifice, is entirely equally distributed, doesnt come from rich men and doesnt involve selling the game?

PoDeStaMad.jpg

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

My business survives and grows down to the products and services I provide. I don't have a third party 'investing' good money after bad in paying my overheads and costs.

In the rugby league world I don't have an issue with any team having an individual pumping money in and achieving mediocrity. I do take offence at these people lecturing other clubs to improve their performance off the pitch, increase their turnover, increase their attendances, increase their participation in the community etc. while they sit back and do nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I don't think it is the fact that some clubs have sugar daddies, (who wouldn't want their club to have one), it's the hypocrisy of some who denigrate others about living off handouts or hanging on to the coat tails of others, when they should just take a step back and see how their own club is run.  

Mate I don't mean to belittle any club for trying to survive, I just want them to go out and find a way to do it , and i'm sure come 2021 they will try. What gets up my nose is 70 odd pages of fans whinging about "greedy SL owners", " Pigs at the trough " who are only grabbing for themselves, These are men who have invested Millions and are never going to get it back.

I fully expected the response i got and the tripe about the Giants, I don't quite know who K Davy owes the 14 million too, As he owns the Giants i assume It's to himself. I do know what it's like to watch a team who are at the very bottom, I had decades of it until Mr Davy came along and he is rightly very highly regarded by Giants fans because they know full well where they would be without him.

As i have said this is not about the Giants or any individual club It's about survival for as many as possible and come 2021 that's going to be less than there is now if some clubs don't get their act together , That's reality, that's what people need to grasp, It's not about whether 1 club get promoted or 2 or if we have 12 Sl teams or 14, It's about survival of the game, In fact exactly what Padge said it's all about money and if you have none at either game level or club you are stuffed.

2 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Mate I don't mean to belittle any club for trying to survive, I just want them to go out and find a way to do it , and i'm sure come 2021 they will try. What gets up my nose is 70 odd pages of fans whinging about "greedy SL owners", " Pigs at the trough " who are only grabbing for themselves, These are men who have invested Millions and are never going to get it back.

I fully expected the response i got and the tripe about the Giants, I don't quite know who K Davy owes the 14 million too, As he owns the Giants i assume It's to himself. I do know what it's like to watch a team who are at the very bottom, I had decades of it until Mr Davy came along and he is rightly very highly regarded by Giants fans because they know full well where they would be without him.

As i have said this is not about the Giants or any individual club It's about survival for as many as possible and come 2021 that's going to be less than there is now if some clubs don't get their act together , That's reality, that's what people need to grasp, It's not about whether 1 club get promoted or 2 or if we have 12 Sl teams or 14, It's about survival of the game, In fact exactly what Padge said it's all about money and if you have none at either game level or club you are stuffed.

Agreed, and my comments are not aimed at you directly! All parts of the game are interdependent and I for one hope that the game can grow and attract more new investors that will raise the profile and standards at more clubs. I have been guilty at using the 'pigs at the trough' comment in the heat of an argument, not a criticism of the fans of a club, more the words and actions of those in charge of certain clubs who have self interest and protecting their cosy club as their main priority.

6 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Agreed, and my comments are not aimed at you directly! All parts of the game are interdependent and I for one hope that the game can grow and attract more new investors that will raise the profile and standards at more clubs. I have been guilty at using the 'pigs at the trough' comment in the heat of an argument, not a criticism of the fans of a club, more the words and actions of those in charge of certain clubs who have self interest and protecting their cosy club as their main priority.

I am hoping that by 2021 there will be some schemes in the pipeline for trying to take the game forward, A TV contract for the championship would be ideal, and i would have thought that SLE should be able to help with that, I don't think myself that there is going to be much money forthcoming from SL so it's vital for the lower leagues to get organised.

I have the feeling myself that with the decline in what seems to be every aspect of the game, If SLE  doesn't do the business for whatever reason, we may well be seeing the end of the game before too long, all our Eggs are in one basket,  So as we see everything really is about SL.

Posted on Barrow forum by Bearman ( Coventry) Our C.E.O has written to L.E asking where the information came from regarding the 9 clubs as we definitely voted NO. as there is a threat that anybody who voted NO would not receive any big games us (Ricoh) we can understand why some clubs kept their heads under the paraphet.We decided to stick our head above the paraphet and voted NO

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

I asked earlier if anyone knows why Catalan can vote but Tououse and Toronto not?

And why would those seven other groups of RL playing communities vote on the structure of the professional game?

Or alternatively, why wouldn't they? How were they directly affected by the proposals?

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Or alternatively, why wouldn't they? How were they directly affected by the proposals?

I suppose the obvious answer would be it doesn't seem directly connected to them. Why didn't womens or wheelchair or Masters RL get a vote? Seems odd.

Catalans but not Toulouse anyone?

19 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I asked earlier if anyone knows why Catalan can vote but Tououse and Toronto not?

And why would those seven other groups of RL playing communities vote on the structure of the professional game?

Toronto & Toulouse don’t get votes as they are not RFL members

I’m not sure of why Catalans did get a vote, I’m assuming that by being in SL that overrides the RFL membership issue.  So would then assume if Toronto and/or Toulouse made it to SL they’d have the same voting privileges 

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

I suppose the obvious answer would be it doesn't seem directly connected to them. Why didn't womens or wheelchair or Masters RL get a vote? Seems odd.

Isn't it just that members of the council get a vote?

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

I don’t believe those organisations are on the Community Board yet, which the other voting parties are

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

Well Parksider will doubtless be along shortly to tell you that Toulouse and Toronto are not actually members of the RFL, but invited 'guests'. Catalans were in that position at one point, but appear to have been finally allowed a seat at the table

I agree its crazy that such as the Armed Forces and Schools Rugby got a vote, and Toronto didn't 

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Toronto & Toulouse don’t get votes as they are not RFL members

I’m not sure of why Catalans did get a vote, I’m assuming that by being in SL that overrides the RFL membership issue.  So would then assume if Toronto and/or Toulouse made it to SL they’d have the same voting privileges 

Plausible explanation but it seems a bit inconsisitent.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Isn't it just that members of the council get a vote?

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I don’t believe those organisations are on the Community Board yet, which the other voting parties are

Possibly, but again, no one really seems to know, do they? I wasn't too bothered by the vote either way, but those who weremight like to know.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Do you really?

Do I really what? Think that its a bit mad that School and Armed Forces got to vote on the future structure of SL and Toronto didn't? 

Yes I do

It's quite likely to directly affect Toronto, if not next season, then in a future season. I fail to see why it makes a jot of difference to the Armed Forces. In fact I don't think they should have had a vote at all.

Archived