Broncos v Salford- Fixture change SIX days notice

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it is absolutely ridiculous I can't seeing it affecting more than about 7 people

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

5 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

While it is absolutely ridiculous I can't seeing it affecting more than about 7 people

You must be employed by the RFL.

No consideration of long-suffering supporters,players or families.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

The RFL are apparently advising anyone who complains to them that it was at the home side's request.

London are saying they were told about the change by the RFL at 10.15 this morning.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The RFL are apparently advising anyone who complains to them that it was at the home side's request.

London are saying they were told about the change by the RFL at 10.15 this morning.

Yep that’s rugby league 

The RFL postponed,at very short notice,a League 1 fixture at Coventry Bears v West Wales Raiders,in order that Coventry Bears could host Pilkington Recs in a Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Game in March.

They have recently altered the days England v New Zealand at Liverpool.

Now this.

Joke sport.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

12 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The RFL postponed,at very short notice,a League 1 fixture at Coventry Bears v West Wales Raiders,in order that Coventry Bears could host Pilkington Recs in a Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Game in March.

Now this.

Joke sport.

Its unbelievable. Completely disrupted WWRs whole season.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Feel for the Salford fans who had probably made plans in advance.  Not the first time this has happened (don’t mention Catalan/Broncos to some Broncos fans).

Due to other commitments I won’t be making the game either, and probably a number of other home fans too. Ridiculous.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

34 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Now this.

Joke sport.

Granted moving the international is poor but we still don’t know who’s responsible for the cock up. Whether it’s the RFL Liverpool FC or the police. The others though happen in all sports. There isn’t a major sport in Britain who hasn’t moved a game for TV (even if it is to give Salford more time from a TV game) or cup postponements. 

Well at least I can go to this game now and might also be able to make the Halifax game now also moved to Saturday at 7.05pm ?

Probably will not have to bok a ticket in advance though

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

3 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Salford  requested it as they are the TV game on Thursday. 

Where did you get that from? That's not what we are hearing in Salford but yes the Salford .v. Toulouse game has been moved to Thursday for TV. This means I can't go to either game as I work 5 Nights Monday to Friday. Nearly bought train tickets to London as well. Glad I didn't now. Oh well - Swinton .v. Featherstone and Batley .v. Swinton it is then pn the next two Sundays..

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

This only really happens for two reasons. 1 the structure we have and 2 the number of slots we take.

Sell more slots to broadcasters, with certain ones taking for certain clubs (i.e all Les Catalans games home and away at 5:30 Saturday, all Toronto games home and away 8/9pm saturday) and slots on Thursday, Friday, and 1pm and 3pm Saturday and all games are televised and played at a certain slot, games don't need to ever be moved because you can sit there at the beginning of the season and plan every game for every slot and not need to amend any bar the play-offs because all would be televised anyway.

Isn’t it also strange that TV games go on with games , sometimes multiple other games , at the same time . Not really helping yourself . There’s TV games but otherwise i still don’t think you can beat Sunday afternoon for your live rugby fix 

5 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s the thing with end of season games, you don’t know their importance in February, or in this case, six weeks ago. It’s unfortunate but it’s one of the best games scheduled this weekend and the TV companies want it on. 

Without the qualifiers the TV would  have known the fixtures months and months away. It would still have been able to set the fixture if needed several weeks as opposed to days away.

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Im not sure the sunday slot is all that popular with TV for RL because largely it is taken up with Football, maybe during the summer.

I would like to see the game try and get all SL games televised, 1 thursday, 1 friday, 4 saturday, and then leave Sundays entirely free for lower league RL so if they do get a tv deal they can sell slots at 1pm and (if they can get it)6pm with all the other games played at 3pm Sunday to minimise cannibalising the attendance with TV viewership.

Yes , sorry I meant Sunday afternoon for the wider game outside of tv and TV games shouldn’t be going up against other games 

Archived