NRL Finals Week 3 Match Thread

Graham

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, dkw said:

That's a tackle that fully deserves a ban, so weird saying he should get away with it because of who he is and the final being his last game etc. 

dkw I am neither a Storm or Slater fan indeed some of Slaters previois behaviour in games to me is blatant cheating to others bending the rules. However in this case like Flangan and Lewis i agree Slater should play in the final as Luke Lewis said Rugby League is a contact sport. 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Just now, Irish Saint said:

dkw I am neither a Storm or Slater fan indeed some of Slaters previois behaviour in games to me is blatant cheating to others bending the rules. However in this case like Flangan and Lewis i agree Slater should play in the final as Luke Lewis said Rugby League is a contact sport. 

I agree it shouldn't be a penalty, I hate the blanket ban on shoulder charges and have always felt they should be taken on individual merit (or not). But it's a ban, has been all season and will be all next season so he shouldn't be forgiven due to the circumstances or individual. 

I'm getting sick of all this warm, fuzzy nostalgia about Allianz. If you went back and found the 10 worst crowds of the last 30 years, I bet 9 of them were at Allianz. So everybody loved it but not enough to go there.

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I'm getting sick of all this warm, fuzzy nostalgia about Allianz. If you went back and found the 10 worst crowds of the last 30 years, I bet 9 of them were at Allianz. So everybody loved it but not enough to go there.

Yes all those excuses for poor crowds bus stop in wrong place, train station in wrong place, getting across Sydney at peak time etc. etc. Come semi final time out come the glory hunters. I excuse the Roosters from this as they probably have the same number of fans in the ground as they usually do. 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

Big attendance but not much interest on here. (yet?)

I'm watching and enjoying it, but on a bit of a delay, so avoiding this thread because I'm reading about scores before I see them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived