West Bank Thrown out of NW Premier Comp

looks like Widnes based club West Bank have been an absolute shower with thuggery on the pitch and 'supporters' attacking away fans.

Hopefully the club does not get accepted for the 2019 season, absolute disgrace!

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/more-sport/amateur-outfit-kicked-out-of-league-after-disgraceful-scenes-against-wigan-club-1-9357029

What league will be silly enough to take West Bank in? If they do get into a league, a league official should attend as a neutral at each game to verify the tactics. These issues deter players from playing, and kids will not take up the game, and I don’t blame them

When we first joined the Hull league (84 I think) the teams at first complained at our robust style of play which was typical of West Yorkshire, The league made us have touch judges at every game and we had to pay for them, about six games in the touch judges got withdrawn as the league delivered a report stating we where just an aggressive team but played within the laws.

Maybe making them pay for touch judges will control them on the pitch, off the pitch you'll need a league official who is known to the club. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

13 hours ago, RayH said:

There an absolute disgrace of a club

tad unfair.....there's been some great coaches, players and volunteers involved at West Bank over the years and hopefully some are still involved.

From what I understand, a lot of this recent bad rep is due to some numbskull supporters who are spoiling it and dragging the club down

There's been patches...when i played for them all was fine. When my little brother played for them there were some issues....mainly sideline (i.e. dads who used to play) idiots but a few on field discipline issues too....paul Farrell who runs the club is a lovely guy, calm and sound and has been the backboneof the club for decades...it saddens me that all his hard work gets undermined by "hard case" dick heads (whether thats on or off the pitch) the ethos was never "be dirty" historically....if thats the way it is now then im disappointed, but i doubt it is

Used to happen all too often in the 1970s. West Bowling from Bradford were the worst offenders back then...atrocious behaviour,not dissimilar to whats being reported here.

Teams that intimidate on and off the field should be liquidated without hesitation. Thuggery has to be eradicated,whatever the cost.

WIDNES WEST BANK MAJOR HONOURS.

NWCL division 5 champions:- 2005-06.

NWCL division 3 champions:- 1982-83, 2009-10.

NWCL division 2 champions:- 1983-84, 1992-93, 2010-11.

NWCL division 1 runners up:- 1997-98.

NWCL division 1 champions:- 1984-85.

NWCL premier division champions:- 1985-86.

NWCL challenge cup winners:- 1994-95.

Lancashire cup finalists:- 2010-11.

WIDNES WEST BANK COMPLETE NCL RECORD.

GroupEF

1st

5th

11th

Total

# Indicates Widnes West Bank resigned from the NCL after 13 games.

WIDNES WEST BANK NCL RECORD SCORES.

Best home win      :-             2012  86-  2 .v. Ovenden.

Best away win      :-              2012  52-10 .v. Crosfields.

Worst home defeat:-           2012  10-32 .v. Crosfields.

Worst away defeat:-           2012    0-68 .v. East Leeds.

Most sides who have joined the NWCL and risen so rapidly through the divisions have usually found the premier division a step too far but West Bank got there and won that as well. I credit them for that but, their reputation has been awful for years and, the only time I ever went to a game there we had a weak weak team, full of inexperienced lads, and they basically got beaten up. I was involved with a team that had a bad reputation for a number of years but there are always people at these clubs who are genuine and deserve better. Looking through my records I have never known a place like Widnes for lads moving from one club to another. They seem to start in the bottom division then win all the titles to the top, then disband or drop to the bottom again only to re-form, sometimes as a different club. Maybe its the same problem people that are moving around.

West Bank are to the North West what Upton are to Yorkshire - generational bullies. I'm not talking about a bit of niggle in the game, in fact I'm not even talking about a partisan crowd - I'm talking about out and out bullies who do everything they can to intimidate and threaten from the second you arrive to the moment you leave. I'm not making out we have been angels over the years but never anything like these 2 clubs. Thornhill are a prime example of sailing close to the wind but never (in my experience) crossing the line. RL is a hard enough sport as it is without having to worry about whether something unsavoury is going to happen to you or your friends/family after the game. 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

West Bank are to the North West what Upton are to Yorkshire - generational bullies. I'm not talking about a bit of niggle in the game, in fact I'm not even talking about a partisan crowd - I'm talking about out and out bullies who do everything they can to intimidate and threaten from the second you arrive to the moment you leave. I'm not making out we have been angels over the years but never anything like these 2 clubs. Thornhill are a prime example of sailing close to the wind but never (in my experience) crossing the line. RL is a hard enough sport as it is without having to worry about whether something unsavoury is going to happen to you or your friends/family after the game. 

Actually went to watch Queens v Upton last year expecting fireworks after what happened year prior. Was a tough good game, admittedly very slow but enjoyable. Good to see people like Romeo still about too, we had a couple of good battles against them especially when Johnny Milner, James Brown and Romeo was in his pomp

36 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Actually went to watch Queens v Upton last year expecting fireworks after what happened year prior. Was a tough good game, admittedly very slow but enjoyable. Good to see people like Romeo still about too, we had a couple of good battles against them especially when Johnny Milner, James Brown and Romeo was in his pomp

Yeah, always had a soft spot for Queens. Had/have an awful rep but actually can play decent rugby and from my experience everything was left on the field. That said, I can't say I miss playing them haha. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We've never had a problem with Upton, it could be because we could always meet them on their terms if required.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 01/04/2020 at 11:31, WestBankWarrior said:

West bank are a great team and they got kicked out because another team started a fight and 2 giant toys of there players plushies got hurt quite bad (broken jaw and broken nose) that's why they got kicked out 

yeah i agree with you its not a good but i know all over the world every one fight like a West bank ....

Archived