Rochdale away

graham fisher

Our last away game at Rochdale still needing 2 points to make sure of 8th place,Rochdale have had some good performances in these 8s so we can't take a win for granted,plus we aren’t good enough for that. No Jode Sheriffe as his season is over after picking up a 2 game ban,chance for Toby Everett to finish his Rams career on a high. I reckon we can get the win here but I think it will be a high scoring close game.

Rochdale 22

Rams 29

Fts Glover

Mom Guzdek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this Rochdale last chance so to speak? They are two point behind Swinton so beating Dewsbury at home would setup the final weekend nicely 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is this Rochdale last chance so to speak? They are two point behind Swinton so beating Dewsbury at home would setup the final weekend nicely 

True,I believe they’ve got Sheffield away? Whereas Swinton have got Fev at home then you at your place. Tbh I can’t see either of these 2 beating a championship 1 club.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

True,I believe they’ve got Sheffield away? Whereas Swinton have got Fev at home then you at your place. Tbh I can’t see either of these 2 beating a championship 1 club.

THINK IT WILL be very v tight given everything said above.  Unless we start well they might just edge a v close one  

Disagree about whoever plays the championship 1 side. If it was York or Bradford I’d agree but surely they’ll edge out any of the others?  If not and we are saying it will be a tight game come Sunday it doesn’t say much about us really?

On 9/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, graham fisher said:

Our last away game at Rochdale still needing 2 points to make sure of 8th place,Rochdale have had some good performances in these 8s so we can't take a win for granted,plus we aren’t good enough for that. No Jode Sheriffe as his season is over after picking up a 2 game ban,chance for Toby Everett to finish his Rams career on a high. I reckon we can get the win here but I think it will be a high scoring close game.

Rochdale 22

Rams 29

Fts Glover

Mom Guzdek

Beat me to mate, that was my prediction ha ?

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Gareth Moore was in the squad last week. Might be wrong but if they are in the squad don't they have to turn to get paid?

Send him to hemel on loan 

Gets more and more like that old western cowboy who rides into town, sits at the card table, drinking free whisky, and when the locals say "are you going to help us" he tips his hat and says "the name is tex, tex pi$$"... And he does. 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:27 AM, graham fisher said:

But they have just beat a championship side Graham 

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Well what can you say, absolute rubbish, two VERY poor teams.

If we play like that next week Leigh will score 100. 

Can't disagree with that apart from the score,think Leigh will score more.

No passion.No pride,they've robbed the supporters most of season but today was shocking. A team bottom of the league and they've beaten us twice, say's it all 

Who'd want to coach this lot?  Couple of moments of brilliance outshone by some rank bad play, stupid decisions and careless penalties.

Add to that the fact that Rochdale looked like they wanted it more.  

Is that 25K blown??  Well, well we might have to rely on our great friends at Fev...hah hah

Several players looked as though they were even less interested in playing for the club today than they had done for most of this season (and that is saying something).

Maybe that is why we have not signed a large proportion of them again for next season?

rambo.gif

Ten up after eight minutes and I thought it would be like our previous trip this year, but we gave in then. Free m being MoM last week, Guzdek was the opposite today. He dropped the ball at least three times and didn't seem to want to run with the ball, but quickly passed the ball and Glover didn't bother trying to make the tackle as they scored their first try.

Too many players looked like they wanted to be away, either from the club or on holiday. They either couldn't hold on to the ball, sent out wild passes or spoke out of turn to the referee. I did hear that three players are on their way to Sheffield and two of those were poor today.

I heard one Rochdale supporter declare that we must be poor if Hornets could best us. They have (twice) and we were. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

49 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Too many players looked like they wanted to be away, either from the club or on holiday. 

Seems to be more than a few with this attitude, surely can't all be down to each individual having the same thought process. I mentioned a few weeks ago that something seems wrong, maybe behind the scenes. Or is it just coincidence so many of the players seem unhappy and would rather be elsewhere. 

There's little for a team like Dewsbury or Batley really  to play for at this point of the season. We've had a couple of cracking performances of late but means nowt. Even the financial reward for the  final position means nowt to the players if their leaving as they won't see any of the brass!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

As BROADEDDIE says two poor sides,your bottom(more than likely relegated)we finish 8/9 that to me is two poor sides.

The fat lady isn't singing yet. If we win at Sheffield and Swinton lose at Batley we'll dodge the drop. No disrespect to Sheffield but I'd rather have to go there than Mount Pleasant.

Regarding  yesterday's game it wasn't the greatest exhibition of Rugby League but was a really exciting contest.  Both sides played some pretty dumb rugby at times. Regular spells of dumb rugby are the reason Hornets are were they are at the moment. We have had other spells of terrific play but not enough to cancel out the dumb stuff. It was noticeable that both teams had spells on top when they managed to play out their sets and they weren't dropping the ball, giving stupid penalties away or throwing out wild passes.  I thought my lot just shaded it, we managed to play to a steady game plan apart from the first and last 10 minutes

Hornets deserved it .Loved the short passes that were used to give a match winning score at half time. We were atrocious having let Featherstone off the hook last week, we didn't learn this week  .How a player can gob off when were about to set up attacking momentum is beyond belief. There  was clearly two squads on the park those that are committed and those that don't give a toss. If a player wants to go let him there responsible to their families not the club .All we ever ask is to give 100% when you wear the shirt yesterday some of you did not. Thats   not acceptable ,the club and coach put faith in you the least you could do is look interested.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The fat lady isn't singing yet. If we win at Sheffield and Swinton lose at Batley we'll dodge the drop. No disrespect to Sheffield but I'd rather have to go there than Mount Pleasant.

Regarding  yesterday's game it wasn't the greatest exhibition of Rugby League but was a really exciting contest.  Both sides played some pretty dumb rugby at times. Regular spells of dumb rugby are the reason Hornets are were they are at the moment. We have had other spells of terrific play but not enough to cancel out the dumb stuff. It was noticeable that both teams had spells on top when they managed to play out their sets and they weren't dropping the ball, giving stupid penalties away or throwing out wild passes.  I thought my lot just shaded it, we managed to play to a steady game plan apart from the first and last 10 minutes

It makes you wonder whether the ways you and Swinton both voted might play a part in this weeks results.

Both teams voted the same way as this week's opponents.

We are secured in 3rd regardless of this weeks results, Sheffield are also secure in 10th. So nothing to play for. Where as Swinton and Rochdale have everything at stake.

Given the wide publicity about the morals of the game regarding the vote. One can only wonder how much effort both secured teams will put in on Sunday.

Archived