West Wales Coach has the hardest job in rugby league

Londonfan

In my opinion Kim Williams the new West Wales Coach has the hardest job in rugby league. How does he get the best out of the worst rugby league team in the history of the semi pro/ pro game. Is it 7 losses by more than 100 in a season and can’t get 13 players to a home game!!

On the other hand, it is impossible for him to do any worse...

Levels of improvement can be relatively quick when you start from such a low base.

A single win and putting 17 players out each week would be counted a big success.

On the other hand,this guy is capable of convincing a team to keep turning up every weekend,to travel for hours to go and play games then repeat the journey home,then get up and go to work the following day,no doubt having their workmates take the mick out of them for doing it week in week out. At least they are having a go and sacrificing their weekends to do so,how hard must that be?

13 hours ago, Londonfan said:

In my opinion Kim Williams the new West Wales Coach has the hardest job in rugby league. How does he get the best out of the worst rugby league team in the history of the semi pro/ pro game. Is it 7 losses by more than 100 in a season and can’t get 13 players to a home game!!

On the other hand, it might be the easiest.  

No fan expects a table topping finish, just a few wins and an infrastructure to build on over the next few years.  If he instills some self discipline into the players, gives them support and guidance, they will make plenty of gains.

imo a credible 10 year plan, involving player development, partnerships with local clubs will be a win in itself.

13 hours ago, RayH said:

The club have been a joke this season and a disrespect to league 1

i hope they book there ideas up for next season and sign experience with the welsh youth they have

Come on, see the actual positive side of things. There are people down there that these type of comments disrespect in my opinion. Yes it has shown the league in a slightly bad light for outsiders.

But surely for them to not throw the towel in, which would have been so easy to do considering the lack of players and drubbings, shows there are hard working people down there who care about the club and want the club to survive. These type of people deserve more respect for getting to the end of the season. As do the players who played when they were down to 12/13 players for putting their bodies on the line knowing full well they could quite easily get hurt.

Featherstone having only 15 players is far worse for me than WWR only having 13

Archived