‘Project Ball’

33 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

New money... possibly, but it still leaves a finite number of quality players from somewhere to make use of it. 

Manchester City (as an example) bought big from all over the world. But an ambitious RL club wanting to improve its squad will find it fishing in a small pool of players.

The obvious solution is a TotalRL.com consortium to buy Salford. That way we can put into practice all of the great ideas we conpletely agree on.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

"Squad full of international stars"? 

Yes, that’s why the article says they are:

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

“...constantly pushing for silverware”

?

Anyway, good luck to them.   We could do with a presence around Manchester.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I've seen some pie in the sky ideas on here. The club would fold by the start of the new season

Ok. Let's not bother then.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That’s a wind up surely 

I notice it says ‘Rugby’, perhaps deliberately to confuse foreign buyers into rushing to buy a club that plays something they’ve seen on CNN’s world sports show or something.

Or maybe the advert appeared in ‘Desert Life’ and is aimed at misleading Middle Eastern country gents looking to expand their portfolio...

EDIT: the above paragraph was suppose to be a jokey comment, but I’ve just realised that was exactly what happened to poor Marwan! ?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

5 hours ago, chuffer said:

Tv revenue dropping from 95k to 45k?.....

Exactly what I thought. SL money is £1.8M plus. May be that’s a red herring to throw off the scent but if the £3M turnover is right including SL payments that’s just £1M from commercial and crowds. Anyone got Salford’s last accounts to compare? 

And who stumps up the £8M to Dr M for his debt?

And England’s top flight. Not Europe’s! Championship club? Are any close to £3 turnover?

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

4 hours ago, fairfolly said:

I wonder if that Balance Sheet would attract any potential backers on Dragons Den.

Sorry, FF, but you couldn't have funders from Catalans buying into another club in the same competition...!

Archived