Qualifiers: Squeaky Bum Time!

Scubby

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Looking like Toronto v Toulouse in the mpg. Except that in the last round, certain teams will have nothing to play for, so there may be some upsets.

Leeds will know if they are safe by the time they play as Salford play on the Thursday. If Toulouse were to sneak a win it could well open the door for Toronto to shock Leeds who will be playing for nothing (as long as they beat Fax tomorrow of course).

I think London are the dark horses to be in the MPG. A decent win for them against the worst team the qualifiers and bad losses for Toronto and Toulouse against the top two could easily see them 4th. Similarly a decent win for Hull KR against a poor Widnes could see them 3rd. Its not even that difficult to see Toronto missing out completely if Leeds put on a score.

It depends on what kind of Salford turn up vs Tolouse if Salford have already packed up for thier season then Tolouse should get to the MPG on points difference as I see London beating Fax buy depends on what score they can run up.

Leeds will beat Toronto and KR will beat Widnes.

3 minutes ago, Rage said:

If Leeds win @ Halifax, I don't think they are automatically promoted. They would have to win against Toronto next Friday. That will be a game to watch!!

Providing they get the expected result against Fax, Leeds are very unlikely to be overtaken. They would need to be absolutely hammered by Toronto.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Widnes could beat Rovers. 

Toronto could beat Leeds

Toulouse could beat Salford. 

That happens... OMG! 

If that happens it would probably be a Toulouse v London MPG with Hull KR down! Wow. Widnes have nothing to lose, Rovers have to be switched on.

Today's results were dreadful for Toronto, even though they won!

London and HKR must be favourites to win next week, and if Toulouse win they could finish sixth with four wins.

Even if they don't it could be an away trip to London in MPG.

Just now, Scubby said:

If that happens it would probably be a Toulouse v London MPG with Hull KR down! Wow. Widnes have nothing to lose, Rovers have to be switched on.

Rovers have got themselves in a very tricky spot. You would expect London to beat Fax (and by enough to overturn the PD), and there is every chance based on the last 2 weeks that Toulouse can turn over Salford. So they are almost in a situation where if they lose they are down. With the pressure that brings and with Widnes wanting (hopefully) to end their time in SL with their heads held high, they have it all to do.

Dont really understand London being outsiders for the mpg? Infact I would of thought they were favourites myself? They SHOULD beat Fax and its no guaruntee that Tolouse will beat salford? All London need to do is beat Fax(that is if Tolouse beat Salford) and better there points difference by 10. Actualy i might have got my maths wrong there, but London are quite capable of turning the pd over anyway.

26 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Today's results were dreadful for Toronto, even though they won!

London and HKR must be favourites to win next week, and if Toulouse win they could finish sixth with four wins.

Even if they don't it could be an away trip to London in MPG.

How were they dreadful for Toronto? Had Hull KR and Salford won then all 3 would have been pretty much safe (including Leeds) with a game to go. As it stands they could win at Leeds and go up even if Hull KR  win next week too.

Hasting back for Salford will make a huge difference, I'm assuming he is back. I'd take Salford to win.

London win highly probable.

Hull KR with pressure on is hard to call as that pressure can make a huge difference. Widnes no pressure again hard to determine how to go, maybe an eye to shop window for some players and hence improved performance. They played well against Leeds.

Just can't see Toronto beating Leeds, but may need too.

Just now, red rose said:

As a Leigh fan just want to say how envious I am of my team not being involved in this seasons qualifiers.

But really well done to Toronto,Toulouse and London,who have proved without a doubt that there are decent teams outside of super league. 

Absolutely and should make the Championship an exciting competition next year.

Just now, TboneFromTO said:

With Toronto set to win at Leeds I'm sooo excited (yes I'm bias)

Toronto failure to put on lots of points against Halifax may be "what dun it for you". Hopefully not, although I'm torn between trips to Toulouse or Toronto as I'd like best.   I guess Toronto.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

How were they dreadful for Toronto? Had Hull KR and Salford won then all 3 would have been pretty much safe (including Leeds) with a game to go. As it stands they could win at Leeds and go up even if Hull KR  win next week too.

If you accept they are likely to get beat at Leeds. (If they win the following is, of course, irrelevant).

Had the other results gone the other way, they would already be guaranteed a home MPG game at least.

As it is they could miss out on the MPG altogether.

Based on nothing but assumptions I admit i reckon the final table will look something like this

1) Leeds 12

2) Salford 10

3) Toronto 8

4) Hull 8

5) London 8

6) Tolouse 6

Think Toronto will lose a close one to leeds, think Widnes will go out with a bang and think Salford will beat TO.  Only thing I think could change is London and Hull swapping places. Gonna be interesting anyway!!

Archived