Tonga Aus almost sold out, Fifita possible Capt.

B rad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Allora said:

How is Super Leagues development of France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland going in the North?
Have the owners of Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Leeds sorted out the northern hemisphere International calendar yet?

How would Australian Rugby League go if they had the EPL, European soccer and a very powerful rugby union in THEIR backyard to compete with?

12 hours ago, B rad said:

I don't think it matters if they sell out so fast, its a business remember. Down the track if Tonga build a decent stadium and there is enough money to put aside it would be nice to see a few home games played in Tonga. Its unrealistic right now though I think. 

That has to be the plan long term. Posters here don't want to do the hard yards. They want quick results. Without a foundation, it'll come crumbling down 

45 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Of course you do! It's the easy way out. While you as rugby fan may think it is worthwhile, neutral spectators will question the legitimacy of the international level. And ultimately they are the people we want to attract 

It's not. It's the practical and profitable solution and is the only way these types of matches can happen against the other major nations with all of the star players involved, as is the case with other sports. This has been discussed to death on numerous over threads were you have brought it up as it is so I'll leave it there. 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

It's not. It's the practical and profitable solution and is the only way these types of matches can happen against the other major nations with all of the star players involved, as is the case with other sports. This has been discussed to death on numerous over threads were you have brought it up as it is so I'll leave it there. 

No it's not the only way. It could have happened in Australia seeing that they're the other team involved

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

That has to be the plan long term. Posters here don't want to do the hard yards. They want quick results. Without a foundation, it'll come crumbling down 

I think there is more Tongans or people from Tongan families in New Zealand and Australia then there are in Tonga. Definitely needs to be a game there sooner or later.

6 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Of course you do! It's the easy way out. While you as rugby fan may think it is worthwhile, neutral spectators will question the legitimacy of the international level. And ultimately they are the people we want to attract 

Tonga has a population of 107k. You can put in as many hard yards as you like but they're never going to get 25k+ there like they can in NZ.

I agree that they should try and play in Tonga occasionally but it simply wouldn't be affordable or practical for them to play there very often.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, B rad said:

What a pack they will have from that squad.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Might look something like this 

1  : Hopoate

2  : Tupou

3  : Kata

4  : M Jennings

5  : Fusitu'a

6  : Lolohea

7  : Hingano

8  : Fifita

9  : Havilli

10 : Fonua-Blake

11 : Pangai jr

12 : Manu

13 : Taumalolo

14 : Ofahengaue 

15 : Taukeiaho

16 : Murdoch-Masilla

17 : Katoa

Robert Jennings is under Development Player so maybe they might be sneaky and put him in since he was 3rd highest try scorer though it would be hard to drop Tupou. 

I see it’s been confirmed as being shown on sky sports in the U.K. now! Brilliant! (Along with Aus v Kiwis and Ferns v Jillaroos)

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

8 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I see it’s been confirmed as being shown on sky sports in the U.K. now! Brilliant! (Along with Aus v Kiwis and Ferns v Jillaroos)

Great news... nothing beats test match rugby. Should be there great games and then we have the England games.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That might be effective in SL where defences are generally more porous but it’s not at NRL or international level

He was still fairly destructive in the NRL. Won man of the match on an occasion from centre, then didn't show up to training and got dropped. 

I probably would have had him in the centres. Kata and Hurrell make to many mistakes. 

Archived