MPG lineup Toronto v London

Fev1983

1 minute ago, Fev1983 said:

That is the strongest possibility, unless there are some surprises on the final weekend.

I would say actually London v Toronto in the MPG is the most likely outcome. Broncos could rack up 30-40 points against Fax quite easily.

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Toronto could beat Leeds, who I'm sure will be relieved next week after being Halifax later today. Toronto are desperate. Leeds won't be.

If it was any of the other 3 , Widnes,HKR or Salford , I'd agree as their main aim this season would have been to retain SL status , however this is Leeds , the current SL Champions , I doubt that the players will be under any illlusions as to what their final game of the season means to the club and its fans

Topic should read Hull KR Vs London (or Toulouse) in the MPG!  That's what's going to happen! 

The Wolfpack's on fire!

(But again, my preference is toronto 3rd or 5th, I'd like to travel to the mpg!)

23 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

If it was any of the other 3 , Widnes,HKR or Salford , I'd agree as their main aim this season would have been to retain SL status , however this is Leeds , the current SL Champions , I doubt that the players will be under any illlusions as to what their final game of the season means to the club and its fans

Not just the club and their fans - contract renewals are going to be at stake as well.

6 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

On saturday, I watched saints v Wolves, then Toronto v Widnes. The  drop in standard was worryingly evident.

I can't see Toulouse beating Leeds.

Toulouse? Do you mean Toronto?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I can’t see Toulouse bearing Leeds either.

If it is London - Toronto then it should be a cracker. I wonder whether London would be ready to step up again to SL - I have not heard any contingency plans fo where they would play... any which way, there will be one of the non heartland clubs going up. Which will liven things up. 

14 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Temporary stands in two spots raising the capacity to around 2400 which should be more than enough for most games given the numbers seen from Leeds, Warrington and Hull KR in recent qualifier games. 

Then take 3 or 4 of the games with large away followings (Hull, Leeds, Wigan) on the road to places like QPR, Leyton Orient, Millwall etc to try and build support and links with those clubs/fans.

That is the plan at the moment anyway. The RFL could change the rules again.

This have any truth to it?

19 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

This have any truth to it?

Certainly there will be another stand on the open end by next season.

As for going on the road, why ?? If we get back, it might only be for a year so why go big bucks, when where we are would meet our current and forecast needs.

Also the other unknown is Ealing Trailfinders. They are in a similar situation to Broncos in Union's equivalent so they may need to enhance the ground for their own progression.

Let's cross the bridges when we come to them. We need to beat a tough Fax team who we always struggle against and then an MPG.

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

Temporary stands in two spots raising the capacity to around 2400 which should be more than enough for most games given the numbers seen from Leeds, Warrington and Hull KR in recent qualifier games.

Then take 3 or 4 of the games with large away followings (Hull, Leeds, Wigan) on the road to places like QPR, Leyton Orient, Millwall etc to try and build support and links with those clubs/fans.

Yes but this will change now the format has changed , Mr Elstone and Mr Leneghan said so , expect 3/4,000 from each

TWP v London looks certain.  Even with a very very unlikely win for Toulouse over Salford, London will know the PD to hit Halifax with. 

Halifax are better than their position though.  Not sure if they are capable of an upset, with London fired up. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Trailfinders has a capacity of around 3000 so I assume you mean increase by 2400?

2 hours ago, Snowman123 said:

TWP v London looks certain.  Even with a very very unlikely win for Toulouse over Salford, London will know the PD to hit Halifax with. 

Halifax are better than their position though.  Not sure if they are capable of an upset, with London fired up. 

thing is if TWP lose to Leeds Toulouse could have a better point difference than us  and TWP could miss out entirely on the MPG. 

Absolute the best ending to the 8's one could have imagined. Crazy stressful for fans of the teams involved but great stuff overall.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Because having a fan base of 800 people in a City the size of London is not acceptable therefore building partnerships with Football clubs whose fans can be given a free taster at their clubs home stadium and then a discounted incentive to become regular visitors to Ealing is better than sitting there hoping that a few thousand people suddenly find out about Rugby League and the London Broncos.

Did we not start in Fulham ? And in our past Charlton ? And Barnet ? And Brentford ? And our crowds are 800 ish. So we've been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Sell out Ealing. Then worry about moving to stadia.

42 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

thing is if TWP lose to Leeds Toulouse could have a better point difference than us  and TWP could miss out entirely on the MPG. 

Absolute the best ending to the 8's one could have imagined. Crazy stressful for fans of the teams involved but great stuff overall.

Totally agree Krzzy, absolutely mental finish considering just Leeds are safe going into the final game! The only thing I think should be happening is all the final games should be played at the same time! sky having them filmed and one on red button and chopping between both would be great! Like they do last day of Premier League and Championship showing the highs and lows as they happen. Although given the enormity of whats on offer Sky would never ball them up at the same time.

2 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Totally agree Krzzy, absolutely mental finish considering just Leeds are safe going into the final game! The only thing I think should be happening is all the final games should be played at the same time! sky having them filmed and one on red button and chopping between both would be great! Although given the enormity of whats on offer Sky would never ball them up at the same time

if we beat Leeds by a nice margin (32 i believe) they are mathematically not safe either, they could be in the MPG still. the only safe ones are Fax and Widnes in their championship status.

11 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Totally agree Krzzy, absolutely mental finish considering just Leeds are safe going into the final game! The only thing I think should be happening is all the final games should be played at the same time! sky having them filmed and one on red button and chopping between both would be great! Although given the enormity of whats on offer Sky would never ball them up at the same time

But isn't the point, TP007, that even Leeds are not absolutely safe, despite what some reports have said. If they lose by 32 points, then they go below TWP.  A massive ask, I agree; almost as far fetched as the notion that a championship side could roar back from 0-19 down, with a run of 34 points.  Oh, hang on...

23 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Most people on here do tbh. 

How do you know, OC?  You just made that up.  Oh, hang on...

15 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

But isn't the point, TP007, that even Leeds are not absolutely safe, despite what some reports have said. If they lose by 32 points, then they go below TWP.  A massive ask, I agree; almost as far fetched as the notion that a championship side could roar back from 0-19 down, with a run of 34 points.  Oh, hang on...

How do you know, OC?  You just made that up.  Oh, hang on...

Yeah was an oversight by me was just going off headlines. To be fair this is what the 8s are about. Very stressful and worrying for the players/clubs involved but it is showing the development of the championship and I hope this new structure doesnt stop that

Archived