Bradford

moorside roughyed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ausroughyed said:

No choice but to watch the stream but ill be watching from afar up late cheering on the boys.

I would suggest you watch it with the sound down the commentary is shocking, so biased. Having said that, might be worth listening  if Oldham are winning, they have a whole load of prepared excuses.

Some streaming is better than no streaming , I have enjoyed the matches I've watched this season , and if it  were Andy acko  doing commentary iam sure he would favour us.

4 good sides left  ,  this could still go in many different Way's.

Up the promoted kneets???

2 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

Just not good enough. No guile or craft at all from half back. All our half backs do 99 times out of 100 is pass it on. 

First things first I think Hewitt needs to go next season.

Be interesting to see what sort of squad we have next year 

Well we will be weakened by the loss of Langers so we have to hope some funds appear from somewhere to strengthen.

As I didn't see the match I can't comment on the effort or lack of effort the team put in but it certainly wasn't the season finale that you were all hoping for and I send commiserations to the players, the club and, above all, all you die-hard supporters.

No doubt the trolls who have been fairly quiet for the past few weeks with be out in force any minute now but as they don't give the club any financial support their opinions count for nothing (and nor do mine, but I'm not here to criticise).

I just want to say congratulations and good luck to Langers, and wish the Roughyeds all the best for next season. I know their survival often seems to be hanging by a thread but where there's life there's hope and my hope is that something happens to improve the fortunes of the Club. My late father was a supporter during the mid-fifties to the mid-seventies s and although I have little interest in any sport I have a lifelong affection for ORLFC and would hate to see a team with such a long and often proud history disappear.

Absolutely shocking,I'm lost for words. I actually found myself clapping their last three tries(I needed something to flap about). A clueless, toothless, lackluster performance considering what was at stake. Good luck Bradford,at least they played as though it meant something.

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Absolutely shocking,I'm lost for words. I actually found myself clapping their last three tries(I needed something to flap about). A clueless, toothless, lackluster performance considering what was at stake. Good luck Bradford,at least they played as though it meant something.

Thats my worry, considering that was at stake,a humiliating defeat , the ref sounded a right homer to me but lets not blame the ref.

Time for mr H to tell us all what the plan is for next season, he has to do something, crowds at their lowest for years, no stadium of our own, no assets,and now, no Langers either.

Wonder if SN will still be here? next season, so many questions.

5 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

Thats my worry, considering that was at stake,a humiliating defeat , the ref sounded a right homer to me but lets not blame the ref.

Time for mr H to tell us all what the plan is for next season, he has to do something, crowds at their lowest for years, no stadium of our own, no assets,and now, no Langers either.

Wonder if SN will still be here? next season, so many questions.

Spot on mate,I'm on my way back from Bradford,just lost for words to be honest. I love this club but is there anyway forward for this club? I doubt it very much.

5 minutes ago, Roughyed 71 said:

Spot on mate,I'm on my way back from Bradford,just lost for words to be honest. I love this club but is there anyway forward for this club? I doubt it very much.

Gutted, but there has to be hope, he has to be transparent now with the books and try and get some investment.

No other option.

Symptomatic of our shocking attack this season, crumbled after half an hour or so.Disappointing performance but we should have been nowhere near having to go to Bradford, that result was half expected at Odsal, Smith was poor as a ref today but in no way does that justify our performance. Changes I'm sure will be made over the close season. We made the playoffs (just) , this game didn't define the season, the losses especially Hunslet(X2), Keighley, Newcastle and Worky at home, all lost from us leading by some significant margins cost us massively. This was a last chance saloon,against the odds chance to almost falsify our position this season. 

Massively disappointing season but that's it done now. We wait and see what happens over the close season. 

12 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Symptomatic of our shocking attack this season, crumbled after half an hour or so.Disappointing performance but we should have been nowhere near having to go to Bradford, that result was half expected at Odsal, Smith was poor as a ref today but in no way does that justify our performance. Changes I'm sure will be made over the close season. We made the playoffs (just) , this game didn't define the season, the losses especially Hunslet(X2), Keighley, Newcastle and Worky at home, all lost from us leading by some significant margins cost us massively. This was a last chance saloon,against the odds chance to almost falsify our position this season. 

Massively disappointing season but that's it done now. We wait and see what happens over the close season. 

Did you really think Smith was poor ? Did you not think it was our indiscipline making it very easy for him to penalise us 

All season we have been making poor decisions on the field.

Take today, losing 6-0 and needing some points to get us back into the game. Having battered their line with several sets and getting nowhere, we get an easy 2 point under the sticks. Panic play, poor pass from acting half back and Liiley (who to be fair was so far off side he was in our line) intercepted and they shoot off down the pick and it is 10-0. We could have took the two and regained possession.

Not the reason we lost but typical of the decision making this year.

Yes we all know about the halfback situation isn’t good enough but I didn’t understand naylors tactics. Wilkinson is our most threatening player and to put him on with 20 minutes to go and 27-0 down what was he thinking!!!!!! Owen isn’t good enough as well so many times he throws the Ball away. At the end of the day this season has been a disappointment and Naylor has to go!!!

Archived