Bradford

moorside roughyed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, cluedo said:

Did you really think Smith was poor ? Did you not think it was our indiscipline making it very easy for him to penalise us 

Yeah our indiscipline certainly didn't help, Bradford fans we stood with were also perplexed at some of the decisions he gave against us today also. I rate Smith as a ref, just thought he had a bit of an off day today.

A few selections had me confused to be honest.  Two weeks ago he picked Jack Holmes presumably for his defence and he had a good game. Today he left him put having done the job well previously!

As YY said, why wait until the 60th minute to bring on Wilkinson.

It is a really difficult job coaching any team, but sometimes a change is needed to freshen  matters up.

Plan A failed - never mind we will use Plan A again!

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

A few selections had me confused to be honest.  Two weeks ago he picked Jack Holmes presumably for his defence and he had a good game. Today he left him put having done the job well previously!

As YY said, why wait until the 60th minute to bring on Wilkinson.

It is a really difficult job coaching any team, but sometimes a change is needed to freshen  matters up.

Plan A failed - never mind we will use Plan A again!

Not putting Wilkinson on earlier is shocking management. And it looks like Hewitt will be here looking at his twitter??

Agree with most of above but feel Hewitt getting constant slating is wrong. He is young, has improved over the season and it isn't going to be an easy task to find one or two more halves. We are now a mid table League one side with attendances below 500, no assets and no money. We aren't going to be able to attract a Danny McGuire or Danny Brought to lead us around the pitch. It is going to be one of most important close seasons in a very long time.

1 hour ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Agree with most of above but feel Hewitt getting constant slating is wrong. He is young, has improved over the season and it isn't going to be an easy task to find one or two more halves. We are now a mid table League one side with attendances below 500, no assets and no money. We aren't going to be able to attract a Danny McGuire or Danny Brought to lead us around the pitch. It is going to be one of most important close seasons in a very long time.

Agree with you about the closed season. This is an important one,the attendances have to improve,but to do that we have to be more successful. The diehard fans will always be there but we need the disenchanted ones and also new and younger fans involved or its curtain's. Even at Bradford did anyone notice the age of the crowd,it's getting older. This is a game wide problem,I don't think it's just Oldham.

I personally think he's played better this year, kicking has been decent and he has pace. To me he's a real confidence player and I think he'll thrive around a more senior partner. He did quite well next to Owen. 

None of them were great yesterday tbh, so I don't think he can be singled out. 

1 hour ago, FailsworthYed said:

I personally think he's played better this year, kicking has been decent and he has pace. To me he's a real confidence player and I think he'll thrive around a more senior partner. He did quite well next to Owen. 

None of them were great yesterday tbh, so I don't think he can be singled out. 

Crook was a senior partner for him. Probably no one is more experienced in the stand of role in league 1 than crook.

If you watch most games surely YY you will have realised that Crooky wasn't at his best this season imho. Solid enough but maybe one year too far for him?

Imho Dave Hewitt needs a more dynamic stand off to complement his style of play, someone with a bit of experience but also a maverick touch to break a line. 

Chewy has had a decent season imho and in fairness I believe over the last few games when Gaz Owen moved to 6 with Dave at 7 we looked far more direct and expansive.

Not a slight on Crooky who has been a great player over the years, I'm just not sure we saw him at his best this season overall.

Season ends in biggest defeat of the year

A SEASON of missed opportunities and mutterings of ‘if only’ petered out to a disappointing end in a one-sided 47-0 defeat at Bradford Bulls in a Betfred League 1 play-off semi-final.

Read full article

'I'm glad its all over" — Scott

DESCRIBING Oldham’s 2018 season as one of the strangest he had ever been involved in, Scott Naylor said: “To be perfectly honest, I’m glad it’s all over.

Read full article

On 9/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, georgeb1 said:

Some streaming is better than no streaming , I have enjoyed the matches I've watched this season , and if it  were Andy acko  doing commentary iam sure he would favour us.

4 good sides left  ,  this could still go in many different Way's.

Up the promoted kneets???

Ahem, depends what you call 'favouring'. I suppose it is 'Bulls TV' so....

Stats-

Johnson-2 tackles. one miss. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 10 carries=61m

Eccleston-6 tackles. 8 carries=49m

McComb-23 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 6 tackle busts. 15 carries=110m

Reid-22 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 13 carries=73m

Kershaw-one tackle. one miss. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 16 carries=113m

Crook-19 tackles. one tackle bust. 4 carries=16m

Hewitt-6 tackles. one miss. no carries

Joy-28 tackles. one clean break. 16 carries=95m

Owen-15 tackles. one miss. 1 carry=7m

Neal-31 tackles. 4 misses. 3 offloads. 11 carries=71m

Briscoe-24 tackles. 5 misses. one tackle bust. 10 carries=75m