Matt Diskin

gittinsfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a Sheffield supporter RPH but I don’t believe that there is a new backer. But as for where the money is coming from, we too have no idea, assuming the rumours are true.

The plans for the stadium have been submitted to the council now but that won’t generate any income until 2020. 

25 minutes ago, ernieone said:

They are not exactly signing top players the 4 going from Batley will not break the bank.

I suppose none of these are on full time contracts so it may be possible to pay a little more. And most Sheffield fans are expecting a lot of departures so those leaving will balance the books.

It seems like a bit of a merry go round between a group of 3 or 4 clubs

5 minutes ago, Maxi mum said:

I suppose none of these are on full time contracts so it may be possible to pay a little more. And most Sheffield fans are expecting a lot of departures so those leaving will balance the books.

It seems like a bit of a merry go round between a group of 3 or 4 clubs

are the Eagles full time...Part Time...or a mix of both ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Not overly impressed with Fozzard to say he has secured a full-time position in the championship I'm guessing London but they have a good chance of SL if they beat Toronto in the million pound game?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 hours ago, RPH said:

are the Eagles full time...Part Time...or a mix of both ?....

I’m not sure, I suspect both.

We have a couple of overseas who can’t have other jobs because of visa restrictions and some who do community type work.

The list of players leaving has been announced today.

Jon Magrin Max Garcia Iliess Macani. Max is a young French player who deserves a chance. Jon Magrin will be great for Bradford. Iliess hasn’t played much but has been OK when he has

Matty Fozard works for the club and is joining London we think, so full time.

Mark Offerdahl, Simon Brown, Joshua Toole and Oscar Thomas but we don’t know where. Josh Toole is another fans fave.

Simon may retire but could do a great job for someone. A lot of fans will think he’s been hard done too after a fallout.

Next season will be a massive one for MD. When players have been under a coach for a number of years the structures/plays etc. are so ingrained into them that they (and rightly so) instinctly carry out the actions that they have been drilling week in and week out. When a new coach comes in and wants to change certain things it is difficult for players to immediately forget what has been drummed into them previously and in the heat of battle carry out the "old" procedures thus causing confusion in the ranks. Next season the team will only have a few of JK players and these will by now have bought into the MD way. So, providing those leavers are replaced by identical or better players, then MD should witness a team playing as he wishes and sets them up to do. If this occurs I have no doubt that there is enough ability within the squad to have a more successful season than the latter two.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

Next season will be a massive one for MD. When players have been under a coach for a number of years the structures/plays etc. are so ingrained into them that they (and rightly so) instinctly carry out the actions that they have been drilling week in and week out. When a new coach comes in and wants to change certain things it is difficult for players to immediately forget what has been drummed into them previously and in the heat of battle carry out the "old" procedures thus causing confusion in the ranks. Next season the team will only have a few of JK players and these will by now have bought into the MD way. So, providing those leavers are replaced by identical or better players, then MD should witness a team playing as he wishes and sets them up to do. If this occurs I have no doubt that there is enough ability within the squad to have a more successful season than the latter two.

Which plays might those be? 

3 hours ago, fredm said:

So he won’t be peddling his excuse list next season? Blaming players and whining about refs?

or getting Danny Maun to do his press spot for him?

Looking forward to it already.

The negativity in here beggars belief at times 

We’ve not even finished this season yet and folk are negative about next season already 

Were not sure who’s definitely leaving and the new signing list is not complete we’re lead to believe In my honest opinion recruiting seems to have gone well up to now 

But what does it take to satisfy some fans !!

Remember our budget and our financial standing compared to many in this league 

2 hours ago, Monologue said:

Which plays might those be? 

secret ones obviously .... why tell the opposition what you intend to do ?....

did you see the Leigh Highlights?.... impressive play no 31b …. worked a treat....

that game raised MD's standing up a notch......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

16 hours ago, Dogstew said:

So he won’t be peddling his excuse list next season? Blaming players and whining about refs?

or getting Danny Maun to do his press spot for him?

Looking forward to it already.

I really can't believe you lot. You have a team that never looked like being in the relegation dogfight, a coach who appears to be coming good, the best part of a competitive team next year, and apparently a few good signings to come, and you're carping because you might not  overtake fax and Fev in the pecking order. Compare that with a club not a million miles away, that has five players signed, and a coach that has jumped ship because he thinks, given the budget, we are relegation fodder. I'm sure you'll be delighted that the "jowsbury" faithful are staring down the barrel, but at least have the good grace to count your own blessings. I realise that not all dogs supporters are less than grateful, but it seems there are enough.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The thing is see is Matt has signed players who haven't lived up to exceptions at the club and we need players and coach on the same wave length i think 2019 will be show how good we have signed along with who wants to play for the shirt and not just the pay packet... i think the defence has improved brilliant over the past few weeks hopefully we have worked on that along with our attack for 2019 i also think our strength in depth will be the key with 2-3 players in every position rumours galore at the moment but i can't see why we wouldn't be far off in the league and cup but one thing i wish folk would stop jumping straight on the back of the coach i think he's done a ok job with the resources he's had... one thing you need in rugby league is luck and this year between may and july we didn't have it move on.. i'm sure the board and coaching staff will step back and learn again from 2018 and build this club back up from top to bottom maybe you need to take a few steps back to learn new things in the game just remember we are not the wigans or leeds of the game.. also we have never been relegated from this league 

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I really can't believe you lot. You have a team that easily escaped the relegation dogfight, a coach who appears to be coming good, the best part of a competitive team next year, and apparently a few good signings to come, and you're carping because you might not  overtake fax and Fev in the pecking order. Compare that with a club not a million miles away, that has five players signed, and a coach that has jumped ship because he thinks, given the budget, we are relegation fodder. I'm sure you'll be delighted that the "jowsbury" faithful are staring down the barrel, but at least have the good grace to count your own blessings. I realise that not all dogs supporters are less than grateful, but it seems there are enough.

There are many things to be grateful for and proud of at Batley, no-one is doubting.

You Jowsbry fools are clearly jealous, even of our coach! 

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I really can't believe you lot. You have a team that easily escaped the relegation dogfight, a coach who appears to be coming good, the best part of a competitive team next year, and apparently a few good signings to come, and you're carping because you might not  overtake fax and Fev in the pecking order. Compare that with a club not a million miles away, that has five players signed, and a coach that has jumped ship because he thinks, given the budget, we are relegation fodder. I'm sure you'll be delighted that the "jowsbury" faithful are staring down the barrel, but at least have the good grace to count your own blessings. I realise that not all dogs supporters are less than grateful, but it seems there are enough.

Surely to escape the relegation dogfight you have to be in it to start with,  we were never near that point last season despite the horrendous spate of injuries and we will be even further away next season

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

Surely to escape the relegation dogfight you have to be in it to start with,  we were never near that point last season despite the horrendous spate of injuries and we will be even further away next season

Or even this season ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

11 hours ago, ernieone said:

Edited my post accordingly ernie. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Edited my post accordingly ernie. ;)

Come on GOR one more small step and your a Batley fan...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived