Sam Wood signs

Batley Bob

When Matt came to the Breakfast Club Tuesday he was saying that the club are looking/talking to a number of potential signings and is confident that we will sign the right players to finish his squad. Matt has a lot of faith in Everett making a difference after pre season training/fitness programme so let us give the lad a chance to prove himself.

The signings we have made so far look better than most of the players that have left (I said most) but on the whole I personally think overall we will have a stronger squad which we will need to be a competitive team in the Championship

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

I hope they're in a position to wrap it up reasonably quickly after Sunday. Unless we're bringing in from Fev or Leigh, then everybody can be disclosed as soon as the ink dries, even confirming the leavers, then rumours are put to bed. Hope there is that bit of quality that Matt refers to, don't want to see us fighting around 7th/8th next time. Without all the injuries we'd have been much closer to Halifax, who despite finishing 4th, aren't streets ahead of us, Fev and Leigh, playing the kind of rugby we've seen recently, not just in the 8s, but there were signs in a few games before that. Sunday showed that with the right squad playing the right football from the off we can significantly improve.

Archived