Wish list

graham fisher

I know we as supporters won’t have a say on who gets the job as Dewsbury head coach, but who would your choice be if you did have a say?

What do we do,go for a experienced coach like Jon Sharpe?

Or a young coach like Lee Greenwood who did a decent job with Gloucester?

I’ve heard Barry Eaton’s name mentioned already but it’s a no no from me.

Jode Sheriffe’s brother as been part of the coaching team past few weeks,wonder if he’ll be in the running?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a novel way would be for the club to draw up a short list, say 3 then the prospective candidates promote themselves at a public meeting of season ticket holders who then vote on which one they want. Can't blame the club for the appointment then lol just each other

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I know we as supporters won’t have a say on who gets the job as Dewsbury head coach, but who would your choice be if you did have a say?

What do we do,go for a experienced coach like Jon Sharpe?

Or a young coach like Lee Greenwood who did a decent job with Gloucester?

I’ve heard Barry Eaton’s name mentioned already but it’s a no no from me.

Jode Sheriffe’s brother as been part of the coaching team past few weeks,wonder if he’ll be in the running?

Ant Walker, Matt Calland, Mike Grady, Jerome Guisset were all on Rochdales short list and according to paper Mike interviewed for Ireland job. I imagine there would be plenty of interest in the Dewsbury job from the outside looking in? 

22 minutes ago, andyram said:

I would go for Jon Sharpe to take over. He has the experience at Championship Clubs, surprised he was released from Featherstone Rovers.

Problem is would he want to take over with a limited budget, plus a big rebuilding job to do.

I agree a steady hand on the tiller ..... proven at this level of the game ...has the experience to navigate the minefield that he will inherit!!  I say if he will take the job we should appoint him now!!! ..... forget interviews and shortlists just go for Jon Sharp 

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Perhaps a novel way would be for the club to draw up a short list, say 3 then the prospective candidates promote themselves at a public meeting of season ticket holders who then vote on which one they want. Can't blame the club for the appointment then lol just each other

Is it like Brexit if we don't name the right one can we vote again.

I don't often post on here,but being a supporter for over 45 years,I thought I'd put in my views. all I wish for ,is more transparency from the club.Everything seems to be so cloak and dagger, I was at that meeting many moons ago,when Mark told us he wants us to be the best team outside super league. What happened to that! Everything seems to be put back to us the supporters,we,re not selling enough season tickets, the squad builder isn't what it should be.The product is ###### and as been for the last 3 years! You will never get people to invest in that! We either start to show some ambition,or die a slow death.

1 hour ago, Rammyram said:

Surley you know if this is has already been setup Mr Fisher. 

He only knows what's happening at the Bulldogs!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve heard there’s plenty of interest in the job. I think Mark want a quick appointment as you’ve only 7 days to apply. 

wouldent it be better to use the off season to get the right bloke for the job.unless he knows whos good to go now like and is right for job.. cant wait to see who it is.:popcorn:

It needs to be a 'quick smart' appointment ...... if we don't we will be seriously disadvantaged in recruitment of our 2019 squad!!  .....  most teams are all but sorted and we only have a handful of confirmed players for 2019!!  Speed is of the essence!!  ..... but equally we do not want a panic appointment!!! .... hence ... quick and smart!!

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve heard there’s plenty of interest in the job. I think Mark want a quick appointment as you’ve only 7 days to apply. 

There's not that many opportunities for coaches. They know they have the long term backing of the Chairman, solid if limited budget and very good facilities. 

Apart from Jon Sharp I wouldn't be impressed with that list. Now if we could tempt Ryan Sheridan that would be a step forward. At least we would see some entertainment if Cas are anything to go by. ?

Forget Sheridan contracted until end of 2020 at Cas ?

40 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Apart from Jon Sharp I wouldn't be impressed with that list. Now if we could tempt Ryan Sheridan that would be a step forward. At least we would see some entertainment if Cas are anything to go by. ?

Forget Sheridan contracted until end of 2020 at Cas ?

Contracts can be sorted if both parties agree. Worth on not paper written if it suits.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived