Wish list

graham fisher

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you know if he has applied 9'O?

I though everyone had applied, I even applied twice, once under the pseudonym Eddie Waring just to give myself a bit of gravitas!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I though everyone had applied, I even applied twice, once under the pseudonym Eddie Waring just to give myself a bit of gravitas!

Around 45 applicants so far, although the chancers and imposters were easy to spot and remove. A bloke called Arthur Chadwick looks promising but could be strongly challenged by a William Fallowfield. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Not loved at hunslet but some of the whinos must of rubbed off on him. Surely someone who knows the club takes precedent over a journeyman after a pay day.

I asked Gary thorntons daughter about the gig. Never go to Dewsbury was the response 

Your ok I think I speak for the majority of Dewsbury fans by saying we don’t want Gary Thornton at Dewsbury.

Looks like me n Eddie are in with a shout then now the two fav have been rejected by a fan

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

8 hours ago, scally said:

Or Barry Eaton!!!!!

Or Wayne bennett

Or Warren jowett

Or Andy fisher

Or Andy kelly

Or Peter roe

Or Glenn morrison

Or Tony Fisher 

Or Terry crook

Or Glenn Morrison... 

Yes I've said it twice.... 

JUST TO BLOODY MAKE SURE!!! 

There are a lot of young British coaches in the game at present eager to make a name for themselves but just needing a chance to shine. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we took a bit of a gamble on selecting one of those in the hope of really building from the ground up.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

33 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There are a lot of young British coaches in the game at present eager to make a name for themselves but just needing a chance to shine. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we took a bit of a gamble on selecting one of those in the hope of really building from the ground up.

Who would you have on your short list? Seems to be late, players will be signing re signing at clubs as we speak 

2 hours ago, RLNew said:

Who would you have on your short list? Seems to be late, players will be signing re signing at clubs as we speak 

Given that the last coach only resigned less than two weeks ago there has been little chance to speed up the process. Add to that the fact that the RFL have still not finalised what the actual distribution payouts to any of the Championship clubs will be next season and it makes it difficult for any club to budget with any accuracy; unless you have a (reliable) sugar daddy, that is.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, 9' oller said:

Not loved at hunslet but some of the whinos must of rubbed off on him. Surely someone who knows the club takes precedent over a journeyman after a pay day.

I asked Gary thorntons daughter about the gig. Never go to Dewsbury was the response 

I'm presuming that she isn't one of the 45 then? ^_^

On 10/4/2018 at 8:25 AM, Piggy's mate said:

Looks like me n Eddie are in with a shout then now the two fav have been rejected by a fan

I'm all for you being the new coach PM - we'll just take your teeth out and put seats in (the old ones are always the best eh ?).

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I'm all for you being the new coach PM - we'll just take your teeth out and put seats in (the old ones are always the best eh ?).

I think even Des O'Conner would be embarrassed with that one!

20 hours ago, silverback said:

i think page one mentions needing a quick decision on a new coach and sommat about 7 days, so maybe you are thinking about it a bit more and getting the right person for the job,

Interviews this week, decision next week.

Patience, please.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:57 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Given Ned's response to the proposed budget, I think it might need somebody with good connections to the local game. :resent:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived