Tri county series

Cumbria have names theirs. Lits of names you would normally expect to see. Just 1 from Kells, Egremont and Wath Brow 

Cumberland Amateur Rugby League Management Committee would like to congratulate the following players who have all been selected for the 30 man squad to represent the county in the upcoming open age tri-county series of games,

1.  Russ Bolton  Askam ARL
2.  Liam Saunders Askam ARL
3.  Adam Jackson Askam ARL

4.  Luke Crossman Aspatria Hornets
5.  Mark Irwin Aspatria Hornets

6.  Blain Marwood Barrow Island
7.  Jonathon Walsh Barrow Island
8.  Peter Rimmer Barrow Island
9.  Josh Banham Barrow Island
10, Carl McBain Barrow Island

11. Jonny Goulding Cockermouth
12. Peter Wood Cockermouth

13. Jamie Friel Distington
14 James Motum Distington
15. Liam McNicholas Distington
16. Matt Hewer Distington
17. Ryan Hodgson Distington

18. Luke Penrice Ellenborough
19. Jason Graham Ellenborough
20.  Ryan Wilson Ellenborough
21. Phil Flavell Ellenborough

22, Gary Tierney Glasson Rangers

23, Callum Kinrade Kells

24. Emmerson Allen Lowca

25. Bobby Wright Millom
26. Jonathin Hodgson Millom

27. Lewis Mason Seaton
28. Oscar Harris Seaton

29. Steve O'Connor Ulverston
30. Connor Saunders Ulverston

Well done to each and every one of you

11 hours ago, shawy13 said:

Cumbria have names theirs. Lits of names you would normally expect to see. Just 1 from Kells, Egremont and Wath Brow 

Cumberland Amateur Rugby League Management Committee would like to congratulate the following players who have all been selected for the 30 man squad to represent the county in the upcoming open age tri-county series of games,

1.  Russ Bolton  Askam ARL
2.  Liam Saunders Askam ARL
3.  Adam Jackson Askam ARL

4.  Luke Crossman Aspatria Hornets
5.  Mark Irwin Aspatria Hornets

6.  Blain Marwood Barrow Island
7.  Jonathon Walsh Barrow Island
8.  Peter Rimmer Barrow Island
9.  Josh Banham Barrow Island
10, Carl McBain Barrow Island

11. Jonny Goulding Cockermouth
12. Peter Wood Cockermouth

13. Jamie Friel Distington
14 James Motum Distington
15. Liam McNicholas Distington
16. Matt Hewer Distington
17. Ryan Hodgson Distington

18. Luke Penrice Ellenborough
19. Jason Graham Ellenborough
20.  Ryan Wilson Ellenborough
21. Phil Flavell Ellenborough

22, Gary Tierney Glasson Rangers

23, Callum Kinrade Kells

24. Emmerson Allen Lowca

25. Bobby Wright Millom
26. Jonathin Hodgson Millom

27. Lewis Mason Seaton
28. Oscar Harris Seaton

29. Steve O'Connor Ulverston
30. Connor Saunders Ulverston

Well done to each and every one of you

I know a few of the Cumbrian NCL teams have players on the Fiji tour, but only one from 3 Premier sides makes it into this squad? Is there some politics going on here? This is meant with no disrespect to the lads who have been picked I might add - just really surprising to see. 

Although it may still be a honour to represent your county, it's become a farce when the national side has already been selected. In my day it was via club, district league, county with the ultimate goal being selected for England/BARLA. What's the point of a player traveling from Hull to Castleford to train then making a trek up to Cumbria knowing the position he plays someone is sat at home waiting to go to the other side of the world. It could only happen in rugby league. 

2 hours ago, Mr Smeaton said:

Although it may still be a honour to represent your county, it's become a farce when the national side has already been selected. In my day it was via club, district league, county with the ultimate goal being selected for England/BARLA. What's the point of a player traveling from Hull to Castleford to train then making a trek up to Cumbria knowing the position he plays someone is sat at home waiting to go to the other side of the world. It could only happen in rugby league. 

Completely agree, when both the tri counties and Fiji tour are overseen by barla aswell; doesn’t look good! Could they of played the tri counties at the start next year perhaps?

in regards to the Cumbria squad there are plenty of teams neither mind players I’m not aware of!

i think for a few seasons the county fixtures coincided with the NCL play offs which resulted in the low number of Wath Brow players in the Cumbria squad,even this season the training/trial matches have come at the business end of the season which has resulted in very few of the areas NCL players putting their hat in the ring for selection and you also have the Community Lions aspect witch ji predominantly selected from players playing NCL rather than County.

I have said this before there should be two separate tri county one RFL ran which would cover players who want to play for the community lions. And a 2nd ran by BARLA which would be for BARLA GB.

As said I know of players who are going on the Fiji tour with BARLA but have already played in the Lions trail game v Wigan u19s. 

Not all players are eligible for barla though 

18 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Top quality players get the community lions tour, next best thing is BARLA followed by second team players getting on regional tours with their leagues

then they all ask the clubs to stump up then it’s hard work to get a fiver a week subs out of them 

Archived