30 Sept: Betfred League 1 Play-off Semi-Finals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, Rob Nash said:

People are seriously moaning about that? What the hell do they want? It's a semi final ffs

Some of that bunch of supporters actually believe they own the club because they travel home and away every week, they're the first to say I told you so but as quick to openly criticise the players, most have never laced a pair of boots.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

20 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Well, Kear has dropped Dalton Grant and Ross Oakes from the match squad. He's picked Keyes (rubbish defence),  Egodo (first game back from leg injury and  can't have been in full training) and Gregg McNally (first game back from several weeks' injury and hasn't finished several of the games that he has played this season).

I think there's a big risk of us spending the second half with forwards in the backline.

Dane Chisholm, Steve Crossley, Tuoyo Egodo, George Flanagan, Matt Garside, Ashley Gibson, James Green, Sam Hallas, Jay Hitchcox, Joe Keyes, Liam Kirk, Jordan Lilley, Gregg McNally, Elliot Minchella, Ross Peltier, Brandon Pickersgill, Ethan Ryan, Matthew Storton, Mikey Wood.

Didn't realise that. But Hitchcox should be on the wing. McNally and Mini cheddars can play in centres too. I can only see Mikey Wood not being near. Think its our strongest 19 of the season TBH.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Some of that bunch of supporters actually believe they own the club because they travel home and away every week, they're the first to say I told you so but as quick to openly criticise the players, most have never laced a pair of boots.

If rugby was followed by only players who have laced boots then the crowds would be a lot thinner than they already are today , maybe people are put off supporting because of such attitudes as that you know nothing about the game unless you've played it ?

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

If rugby was followed by only players who have laced boots then the crowds would be a lot thinner than they already are today , maybe people are put off supporting because of such attitudes as that you know nothing about the game unless you've played it ?

It goes further. You only know the game if you have played professionally and then you only know the game if you have played at elite level and again you only know the game if you have played international.

To be fair you could say the same for soccer,  cricket etc. Hence any ex player that can string together a sentence with saying "you know" will be snapped up as a pundit.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

34 minutes ago, Bearman said:

It goes further. You only know the game if you have played professionally and then you only know the game if you have played at elite level and again you only know the game if you have played international.

To be fair you could say the same for soccer,  cricket etc. Hence any ex player that can string together a sentence with saying "you know" will be snapped up as a pundit.

And the irony is a lot of those on telly who’ve done it are rubbish at punditry 

15 hours ago, Bearman said:

I think what separates Rugby League from those other sports is the brutal physicality almost gladiator type of sports , I'd compare more with boxing or cage fighting as an attraction to the hit ups , big shot tackles , bone crunching and the odd fisty cuffs and mass brawl , how many of the boxing arena fans have been boxers ? its the excitement and adrenaline that brings the crowds in . Or at least it once was .

Confirmation Friday from the OL app.

Doncaster and Workington play at the Keepmoat for the second time in a row on Sunday.

This time, elimination from the playoffs is at stake.

Last Sunday, the two sides faced off in the final round of the regular season, with Doncaster winning 44-32.

The game will be streamed for free on Our League on Sunday 30th September, 3pm kick-off.

Doncaster are currently on a ten game winning streak in Betfred League 1, with their last defeat coming to League Leaders York at the beginning of July.

Head-to-head in 2018, both sides have won one game each.

Sign-up at membership.rugby-league.com to watch for free.

Alternatively, you can watch on the Our League app. Download on Android and Apple iOS now!

rldfsignature.jpg

20 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

IMG_20180929_180644.jpg

Bet it works faultlessly this week. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Currently watching Doncaster/Workington via my TV's browser, and the streaming seems to be working smoother week by week. It may be a local issue to me, or the RFL may have made changes, I don't know.

Better picture definition than Freesports TV's NCL coverage, too.

A Workington try has been disallowed, so it is currently 0:0.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived