Doncaster (A) Semi Final

Cl1998

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

How many will miss the game due to Holidays ? ( for betting purposes ) id fancy worky with a full squad

Hopefully none this weekend. Some were out injured last week hopefully get them back this week, especially Elliot Miller.

I'm just struggling to see the benefits unless we have a further, larger financial input I don't think were consistent enough to compete and would just end up back where we are now only after a year of hidings rather than a year of competing. I don't know the exact financial gains from being promoted but I don't think it would effect the crowds a great deal.

5 minutes ago, Town93 said:

I'm just struggling to see the benefits unless we have a further, larger financial input I don't think were consistent enough to compete and would just end up back where we are now only after a year of hidings rather than a year of competing. I don't know the exact financial gains from being promoted but I don't think it would effect the crowds a great deal.

. If we get promoted what happens next year? We get a bigger budget to buy more travellers because locals can't keep us up. To me it's just a deja vu. There is plenty of locals good enough to keep a team up in the championship butunfortunately they are spread between the 3 Cumbrian clubs. We could maybe have attracted a few of these Cumbrian players from other clubs if we had kept on wth the 5 year plan and they seen after a season or two that Town were giving locals a go and building fromwithin not using past it travellers and DR.... Just myopinion.

5 minutes ago, Town93 said:

I see where you are coming from and i think we are well placed to have a good crack at C1 next season with no York and probably bulls either. But going up would see an increased budget to strengthen the squad and hopefully see leons connections attract so championship standard additions 

What are you playing for ? If a chance is there take it with both hands . No one knows what happens next year . Championship teams in footy are in similar situations but you still want promoted . You want to test yourself , play at the highest level you can , and watch better teams every week .  And what league one will look like next year is anyone’s guess . 

Its a big ask anyhow but of course we would want promotion the ultimate success for the 2018 season. Theres also a bit of momentum now; talk of a new ground; an ambitious coach and I for one would like to be at the party if we did manage to win through!

There is rumour that the RFL are looking at equalising the funding across the Championship better so there isn't so much of a financial gap between top and bottom. If that is the case then clubs like ours will be much better equipped to survive in the Championship.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 9/27/2018 at 10:22 AM, oldrake9 said:

. If we get promoted what happens next year? We get a bigger budget to buy more travellers because locals can't keep us up. To me it's just a deja vu. There is plenty of locals good enough to keep a team up in the championship butunfortunately they are spread between the 3 Cumbrian clubs. We could maybe have attracted a few of these Cumbrian players from other clubs if we had kept on wth the 5 year plan and they seen after a season or two that Town were giving locals a go and building fromwithin not using past it travellers and DR.... Just myopinion.

In my 50 plus years watching the town any successful team has been made up of locals and travellers. As much as it would be brilliant to have 17 locally based players it is never realistic and won’t happen with any rugby league team. I will be happy to support any team who has 17 players giving their all for the club irrespective of their place of birth or where they live. 

I would love the team to be successful this year and achieve promotion but I think it might be 1 year to early. I hope I’m proved wrong.

Personally think the club would benefit from another year in league 1 to build on the squad, get another 3 or 4 championship level players this off season then we can have a real dig at winning the league next. But if it’s there you have to go for it, winning Sunday could well be harder than winning either of the next 2 finals against probably the bulls and Rochdale/Swinton. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

http://www.townrlfc.com

The squad is on the website. 

Have a look about 

Club presentation night coming up. 

Also further ahead in late October is the Kevin Brown and Gareth Hock event. 

Club shop sale ongoing. Fresh Shell and Parnell jackets delivered and the Devlin shorts have been restocked. 

Follow the tab at the top of the page to navigate to the online shop.

#ourtown 

Archived