Hardaker Poll

Hardaker Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. As a fan of Super League do you want to see Hardaker playing next year?

• Yes, I don’t care what he does off the field its more entertaining with him on it.
    • No, he brings the game into disrepute. Its clear that he simply cannot be trusted within our game.
  2. 2. WIGAN FANS ONLY please – Hardaker arrived with a dire reputation, does this latest event change your opinion of him wearing the cherry and whites.

• No – I don’t feel what Hardaker does off the field reflects on the club and I would like him in the 17 each week.
    • Yes – It is clear he cannot be fixed and it gives the wrong message to our family of fans and the kids that aspire to play for us that you can do what you want when you want.

It is abundantly clear that Hardaker has no respect for the law and those around him. At the tender age of only 26 he has been banished from the England team for breaching rules, shown the door by Leeds after homophobically abusing a referee and also assaulting a member of the public. Then after substantial investment by Castleford he derails their GF and is shown the door after being caught taking cocaine and being banned for more than a season. Most recently having been caught driving a car without an MOT, without insurance and whilst over the drink drive limit.

53 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Where is the option for?

I never wanted him at my club in the first place, but now he is here we should do our best to help him become a better and stronger person?

Or does that simply not fit the narrative?

Good point  - the wording on the poll is slanted in a particular direction.

The wording wouldn't meet the requirements for a balanced research document.

The wording panders to the aghast, holier-than-thou keyboard warrior.

2 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Good point  - the wording on the poll is slanted in a particular direction.

The wording wouldn't meet the requirements for a balanced research document.

The wording panders to the aghast, holier-than-thou keyboard warrior.

Pitched perfectly for the intended audience

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I would like to see Hardaker playing again after some form of rehabilitation.

It’s not a case of ‘don’t care what he does off the pitch’ as he needs some support and guidance because clearly he is not fully aware of the consequences of his own actions.

I don't really get the clearly part of that sentence. I have encountered plenty of people that know exactly the consequences of their actions but either don't care or think that they won't get caught. I'm fairly sure for example that Hardaker knows that he can't drink and drive, needs insurance and needs a mot and knows the consequences and possible punishments if caught.

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I would like to see Hardaker playing again after some form of rehabilitation.

It’s not a case of ‘don’t care what he does off the pitch’ as he needs some support and guidance because clearly he is not fully aware of the consequences of his own actions.

He didn’t get into trouble when he was working this last year. Does he think there are different rules in RL

I said in a previous thread that, while I accept Hardaker is an extremely talented player, I didn't want him at Wigan. The question in the poll doesn't really cover Wigan fans who were unhappy at the signing in the first place. 

Oddly enough I suspect Wane is more likely to instil discipline in to players than Lam so pulling this now and before he's even pulled on the cherry and white has only strengthened my opinion, and I know quite a few other Wiganers who are in the same boat.

Previously we've given too many chances to some, most notably Hock. Also we've had a few redemption projects that worked out (Gelling... man of the people). 

While I say all this I'm also keenly aware that it was the anniversary of the death of Terry Newton just the other day and I've always said since then that the game should not be closed off permanently from any player with the will and humility to hold up their hand, take the punishment and move on. That said, the first step is admitting you have a problem, and my suspicion is that Zak doesn't.

I hope in a few years time I read an article about his path to redemption and how he's put all these antics behind him, and he (in this imagined future) helps poor and vulnerable people. Preferably for another club.

Archived