Shaun Lunt, awful news!!

Hullfan

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Did I say that? 

"The sort of news that should be getting the headlines" is precisely what you said.

This is the sort of news that nobody should want to see, never mind in any headlines. However, I guess it was a chance for you to get another sly dig in, even if it didn't work very well.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

"The sort of news that should be getting the headlines" is precisely what you said.

This is the sort of news that nobody should want to see, never mind in any headlines. However, I guess it was a chance for you to get another sly dig in, even if it didn't work very well.

Yes, Lunt’s sad case should be what’s making the headlines over “ooh, poor Zak” and his misdemeanours, however unfair Lunt’s case is. If Lunt’s case can be used for good and the highlighting of a horrible illness then I’m all for it.

No need to get digs in on Hardaker, he does that himself, usually to students. 

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Yes, Lunt’s sad case should be what’s making the headlines over “ooh, poor Zak” and his misdemeanours, however unfair Lunt’s case is. If Lunt’s case can be used for good and the highlighting of a horrible illness then I’m all for it.

No need to get digs in on Hardaker, he does that himself, usually to students. 

And there's another one.

You simply can't help yourself can you?

I'm out of this one. I can't bring myself to play the game of using a very unfortunate situation to prove a point. You carry on though.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

And there's another one.

You simply can't help yourself can you?

I'm out of this one. I can't bring myself to play the game of using a very unfortunate situation to prove a point. You carry on though.

Cool story pal. 

I’m not using any situation. Sadly, there’s nothing mere mortals like ourselves can do about Shaun Lunt’s illness and it’s tragic, but would I rather see a Rugby League player in the news for highlighting an illness normally associated with children and infants over a bloke in the headlines for bringing the game into disrepute for what is probably the 5th or 6th time? Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The sort of news that should be getting the headlines at present 

tbf to Jim (and, before it escalated  to encompass Zak etc) it is an odd comment to make.....I think I understand the point you're making but I guess it came out wrong?

Even RL players - tough as they are - will struggle to strap themselves up and "get back out there" with that diagnosis. Hopefully he has time off now to properly recover before getting his boots back on.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived