Toronto Wolfpack Viewing Party Attendance

PatrickB

It appears either Toronto Wolfpack marketing team or 3 Brewers Pub have a good sense of humour as well as being a winning side.
Nicely played putting a big fat attendance number on the viewing party at the 3 Brewers Pub today.

wolfpack.jpg

Yes, That's what they are implying, and I'm certain it was a joke.
It's a big bar, but not that big. It maybe holds about 400 - 500 tops, and about 200 on the floor they are on in the pic.
You don't keep attendance in a bar, and I think they are just having some fun and trolling the people that have mocked their attendance figures this year.

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

You're obviously not up to speed with us hipsters. Bitter is very much a trendy craft ale.

I've made one myself in conjunction with a Salford Brewery. I'm calling it 'Empty Terrace'. Hashtag #Itwillrockyou

That will go well with my Huddersfield mild, a pint of Infuriating Cowbell .

Over here in Canada, I'm a Wellington S.P.A. man myself. I honestly do find a lot of other craft beers are too hoppy for my tastes these days.

At 3 Brasseurs (the Wolfpack bar)  though, I like their Blonde Ale.

1 hour ago, PatrickB said:

It appears Toronto Wolfpack marketing team have a good sense of humour as well as being a winning side.
Nicely played putting an attendance number on this today.

wolfpack.jpg

I think you’d like the Newtown Jets rugby league club in Australia. It plays in the New South Wales Cup. They often announce their attendance as 8972 regardless of how many turn up.

7 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I've counted those people and there's at best 1500.

Had this bar been in the heartlands there would have been at least 10000 punters. Let's focus on the local bars that are actual drinkers rather than these here today gone tomorrow shandy merchants. You know it makes sense.

Ah, so all the heartland fans were in the pub rather than the ground when their home game was on? That explains the poor attendance figures - despite the fact that the game isn't shown at the local pubs we can perhaps still count them all. 

"I find your lack of away fans disturbing"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

It wouldn't have taken too much imagination from Sky Sports to interview the couple who seemed to have come over to Leeds from Toronto,rather than just keep filming them.

There really is no thought/initiative/imagination from Sky.

Someone please give than woman from Sky a job - she is single handedly ruining rugby league.

7 hours ago, Copa said:

I think you’d like the Newtown Jets rugby league club in Australia. It plays in the New South Wales Cup. They often announce their attendance as 8972 regardless of how many turn up.

I thought the attendance was always 8972.

Read an article by Malcolm Andrews once on why that was but I can't remember the reason

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

21 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Friday afternoon - during working hours. Are these guys allowed to be called RL fans yet? Do they need permission to enjoy RL?

They still need to get their membership cards from a fat guy named Phil in Wigan, then they can be called RL fans ;)

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I thought the attendance was always 8972.

Read an article by Malcolm Andrews once on why that was but I can't remember the reason

Here's the Wiki take on this...

Attendances at Henson Park are the highest in the NSWRL Premier League [7]. Their attendance is always announced as being 8,972, this is in reference to a game played at Henson Park in the 1990s on a wet and miserable day. The ground announcer John Lynch jokingly said through the speaker that the crowd was 8972. This figure has now become a part of Newtown folklore and is announced as the crowd at every home match.[8]

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Friday afternoon - during working hours. Are these guys allowed to be called RL fans yet? Do they need permission to enjoy RL?

Of course they're not proper RL fans! These people appear to be enjoying the game. They need to moan a lot more to be accepted within the heartlands. ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Archived