Commentators

What’s everyone’s view on the commentators, am I alone in thinking Trevor hunt is excellent, but as for Mick Morgan he talks absolute rubbish, ok mick wen u said I can speyk a few years ago it was funny, not to carry on saying it week In week out, get rid and put someone decent behind the microphone 

I've watched the majority of the games on freesport. I take most of the stuff the comments made by them with a pinch of salt if I don't agree with them. The most important thing is that people tune in and enjoy the coverage. I support Oldham but I also follow saddleworth rangers,I love amateur rugby league. People need to get supporting their local amateur teams,it costs next to nothing to get in and the banters brilliant.

Agreed,he does notice things pretty often. I guess you can't please everyone. We should all be grateful that these people participate in the publicizing of the amateur game. I can't imagine they get paid and if they do I can't imagine it'd be much. Mick Morgan or no Mick Morgan I'll be tuning in for as long as they keep broadcasting.

I struggle to listen to Morgan peddling out the same old phrases week after week. I find it off putting and annoying while he tries to be a novelty act

Hunt is good and knowledgeable about the amateur game, I know they are different organisations but Sky could blood their young upcoming broadcasters on Freesports if they had an arrangement 

Sorry but Mr Morgan doesn't help to promote  the game with some of his old comments,  his type of commentary is in the past, a lot of the younger generation will be asking who he is, think it would be better with a player who had turned pro from one of the teams being televised if possible, 

6 hours ago, JMB said:

Sorry but Mr Morgan doesn't help to promote  the game with some of his old comments,  his type of commentary is in the past, a lot of the younger generation will be asking who he is, think it would be better with a player who had turned pro from one of the teams being televised if possible, 

Tbh he reminds me of my dad who was a Yorkie. Some of his sayings etc are quite reminiscent. That's probably why I don't mind it.

I am not a fan of Morgan. I would go for someone like Gareth Walker from the League Express or Rugby League.

When he has appeared on TV he has come across as a knowledgeable pundit. Also with a younger view on the game.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

13 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I struggle to listen to Morgan peddling out the same old phrases week after week. I find it off putting and annoying while he tries to be a novelty act

Hunt is good and knowledgeable about the amateur game, I know they are different organisations but Sky could blood their young upcoming broadcasters on Freesports if they had an arrangement 

Correct , Paul wood would make a good co - commentator , anyone that can talk sense and st least do a bit of homework on the game, siddal went into a recent game at Thatto heath on the back of 3or 4 losses, Morgan tells the public they r on a rich vein of form with 3 wins on the trot ?

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I really hope it's not Mick Morgan for the final. With us and West Hull having pretty much the same kit and even though I think we're pretty dead set on wearing our Yellow (with green chevrons) jersey, it still won't stop him getting mixed up all game with which side is which. 

Same here hinsletgreenngold, think he should have the team sheetsbin large lettering, will count how many times he utters the phrase can’t speyk.... good luck to both teams 

Got to agree with the majority of posters about this.

Few weeks ago I was watching a game when my next door neighbour came in to see me.  He sat next to me as the game was on and after a few minutes he said " Is your television picking up an old signal?' I asked him what he meant and he said 'That commentary, it's right from the 1960's.' 

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Everyone has their opinions,I'm just glad the channel are giving NCL rugby league airtime that it deserves. As regards commentary stuff,you can't please everyone,if you don't like the bloke,put him on mute. Rugby league is a great game commentary or not.

Archived