Good things about this season

EssexRL

I know it’s not over but let’s start logging all the good things that have happened this season like.....

Clubs such as York and Newcastle building crowds locally 

York’s promotion 

Catalan winning the Challenge Cup

Belgrade being admitted to the CC

Broncos securing a place in MPG

Toronto 

....please continue 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

As much as I don't like the fact they have, Cas have been very good this year and proved they're not just 1 season wonders.

Add Wakefield to that, they have had back to back 5th place finishes, pretty good seeing as in 2015 they almost got relegated 

7 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

I know it’s not over but let’s start logging all the good things that have happened this season like.....

York’s promotion 

Toronto 

....please continue 

Still on the York theme, their ground is coming on apace.  I see that there was a 'topping out' ceremony earlier this week, when builders put in place the basic structure of the highest point of the whole complex (which I think is the cinema building roof)  There's a piece on the YCK website about it.  It appears the work is on schedule too.

On a cautionary note, I don't think Belgrade are in the cup yet!

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Danny Richardson's emergence in the Saints team.

And in the closing stages, Goudemand's for Les Dracs.

Also, Gigot getting back on the field of play.

32 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Still on the York theme, their ground is coming on apace.  I see that there was a 'topping out' ceremony earlier this week, when builders put in place the basic structure of the highest point of the whole complex (which I think is the cinema building roof)  There's a piece on the YCK website about it.  It appears the work is on schedule too.

On a cautionary note, I don't think Belgrade are in the cup yet!

Yes they are. There is a thread about it.

Would add.

Toulouse proving they are genuine contenders for a second French SL side.

London and Halifax punching above their weight again.

Coventry Bears.

Huddersfield turning themselves around.

Magic Weekend back on my doorstep.

The multiplicity of RL available for free. NCL, Ourleague, and  Proper Sport.

And at last a decision about structure for good or ill.

Maybe we can talk about on the field stuff now.

48 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

York’s promotion 

Toronto 

....please continue 

Paddy Ah Van

The highlight for me was seeing London, Toulouse and Toronto mixing it with Super League teams and holding their own. Shows what potential there is for our game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

As much as I don't like the fact they have, Cas have been very good this year and proved they're not just 1 season wonders.

In my opinion if they win GF this year its a bigger better achievement because other teams have improved this year. 

1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Yes they are. There is a thread about it.

Would add.

Toulouse proving they are genuine contenders for a second French SL side.

London and Halifax punching above their weight again.

Coventry Bears.

Huddersfield turning themselves around.

Magic Weekend back on my doorstep.

The multiplicity of RL available for free. NCL, Ourleague, and  Proper Sport.

And at last a decision about structure for good or ill.

Maybe we can talk about on the field stuff now.

Thanks for correcting me, DD.  I also agree with your other points and, in another contribution by you, the cheers of Saints' fans at the draw for the cup semi-finals!

For me the stand out and the thing that has really got me excited about Rugby this season is the rise of Toronto, both on and off the field, and their fantastic support. I certainly go out of my way to watch Toronto and I cant really say the same about many other Super League games.

Catalans winning the Challenge Cup was also tremendous and got unprecedented publicity for the game in France. The news about the Nou Camp and possible game there just shows the power of that win and will definitely be my stand out for next year if it takes place.

I have enjoyed the development of Toulouse too and look forward to them developing further and becoming a Super League team in the future.

The decision about the scrapping of the middle 8s and progress on domestic structures has also been a positive. 

Internationally the Tonga v Australia game is also something I cant wait for too.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Catalans winning the Challenge Cup was also tremendous and got unprecedented publicity for the game in France. The news about the Nou Camp and possible game there just shows the power of that win and will definitely be my stand out for next year if it takes place..

Dragons winning CC was the standout for me and plan to get to Nou Camp if I possibly can. 

London having a good season, despite losing key players. The rise of our yoof Adebiyi, Meadows, Walker, Butler, Davies. Bienek and Davis being good enough to get SL moves.

Toronto, Toulouse and us competing with and beating SL sides, showing how the Championship has improved at the top.

York improving and gaining promotion and Bradford rebuilding. 

Newcastle developing more locals and showing ambition for next year.

Catalans winning Challenge Cup.

International in U.S., even if it was scrapped. Hopefully we keep pushing and not give up. 

The refurbished Headingley ground.Will look tremendous for the start of next season - hope they can fill it.

Hemmings announcing he is stepping aside to permit Sky to provide a professional commentator and apparently taking the two stuttering clowns with him - if only.

Archived