A better dawn.

glemiln

It sure is a bright morning after!   

The team has gelled well over the Shield games and deserve a medal (or contract?) for getting that result. It would have been a hellish two weeks to another final, especially for the players.  Had the RFL simply promoted the two top (by a mile) L1 teams, without relegation to get 14 teams, the result they wanted could have happened.  As it is Bradford could still have to beat Swinton!

A very tough Championship again next year, possibly without Toronto, but the prospect of some very good gate receipts with the likes of Widnes, Leigh, maybe Bradford.  Our nemesis York too!  Apparently, funding is set to reduce by 10%, so squad, sponsorship, marketing and community liaison plans will be a challenge, to say the least.   

An even bigger challenge were we heading to League1.

Look forward to seeing the future develop.

9 minutes ago, glemiln said:

It sure is a bright morning after!   

The team has gelled well over the Shield games and deserve a medal (or contract?) for getting that result. It would have been a hellish two weeks to another final, especially for the players.  Had the RFL simply promoted the two top (by a mile) L1 teams, without relegation to get 14 teams, the result they wanted could have happened.  As it is Bradford could still have to beat Swinton!

A very tough Championship again next year, possibly without Toronto, but the prospect of some very good gate receipts with the likes of Widnes, Leigh, maybe Bradford.  Our nemesis York too!  Apparently, funding is set to reduce by 10%, so squad, sponsorship, marketing and community liaison plans will be a challenge, to say the least.   

An even bigger challenge were we heading to League1.

Look forward to seeing the future develop.

It's hard to paint a rosy picture of life for us in League 1. That's why yesterday's result is so important for the Club.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's hard to paint a rosy picture of life for us in League 1. That's why yesterday's result is so important for the Club.

A massive result for us.Apart from the Oldham derby not a lot to look forward to had we gone down.

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

Are you not the one who said they wouldn't go back to oldham if they voted our way?, what's changed?

I said I would be very disappointed if they did. I still am. I'm not getting my season ticket for next season. I'm keeping my season ticket money to one side and picking and choosing my games. If after a few games the subject is still anoying me,I'll just be supporting my local amateur club. I'm not committing to something if it doesn't feel right. But that's me. I think this is a power grab by the superleague club's who'll starve the championship and league 1 clubs of finance after the next round of talks with the TV companies. But that's me. I wouldn't trust leneghan at Wigan as far as I could throw him. They should've listened to Gary Hetherington, proper rugby league bloke.

Archived