PENNINE FIXTURES

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kev p said:

Why doesn’t the league play every other weekend? Harder to find excuses if you know months in advance to sort out other social activities. Games on “free” sats could be brought forward by mutual consent. 

This could be said for both seasons and the lack of fixtures is the main reason East Hull have applied to go to the NCL again.

Once we get past the overlap stage of the seasons the postponements should drop, then the biggest major gripe I have with winter rugby is the league fixtures being always arranged around far to many local cup competitions, this in the past has had us waiting 6 and 7 weeks for a game in the run in of the seasons because it was mainly the same 2 or 3 clubs contesting for all the ups.

I understand the sentiment that some of these cups have being named after stalwarts of the game but it has to be time to have one cup and a continuation cup for each area.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

This could be said for both seasons and the lack of fixtures is the main reason East Hull have applied to go to the NCL again.

Once we get past the overlap stage of the seasons the postponements should drop, then the biggest major gripe I have with winter rugby is the league fixtures being always arranged around far to many local cup competitions, this in the past has had us waiting 6 and 7 weeks for a game in the run in of the seasons because it was mainly the same 2 or 3 clubs contesting for all the ups.

I understand the sentiment that some of these cups have being named after stalwarts of the game but it has to be time to have one cup and a continuation cup for each area.

It's the reason Batley Boys have applied for the NCL it's frustrating for the lads when your wanting to play and they ring at 7pm on a Friday or half 12 on the Saturday plus it's time for the club to progress on and off the field 

2 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

It's the reason Batley Boys have applied for the NCL it's frustrating for the lads when your wanting to play and they ring at 7pm on a Friday or half 12 on the Saturday plus it's time for the club to progress on and off the field 

I was told by Witty at Bentley and Stu at East Hull that it was bad this season (I found a load of old photo's of Batley Boys v Moorends yesterday)

• 4 weeks later...

Lot of postponements this week nearly 50% unless playing cup games.

Marauder noticed your games postponed how come that's two games now at least looks

like you will have a backlog again just hope all teams eventually play you.

Backlog again, we've asked for 3 games now, 1ST Was for the St Ledger race meeting which has always been a traditional weekend off for Doncaster based clubs, 2nd was for the wedding of Danny Hornsby and the 3rd a death, but the Pennine has seen fit to postpone the fixtures because we've stated that we do want to play the fixtures at a later date and as you can see they're plenty of spare dates during the season especially after Christmas.

75% games now postponed

Not looked but I think it could be something to do with cup competitions, I stated earlier that cup comps are my biggest gripe ith fixtures (It's only 2 we've postponed, the other was by Greetland who had some function on and the secretary actually booked the wrong weekend off at the start of the season)

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Yep Moorends v Hunslet Warriors (Couldn't raise a team, this is the 4th NCL side in the last 2 season's not to turn up)

How many times have warriors done this and I see Greetlands haven't played a league game since September I don't know why but I think the league has to toughen up or we are going to have another season like last

Noticed postponements have now come through the usual three Hunslet Warriors, Greetlands and Woodhouse have postponed there games I would seriously think of kicking them out as they are just ruining Division 1.

The same goes for teams in other divisions Queens, Stanley are two that spring to mind I am almost sure all these teams have now postponed at least two games each.

32 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

North hull knights are joining pennine

what a way to run rugby league , Hull cant even get a decent open age league up and running , heads need knocking together , probably to late the games just about dead .

Archived