PENNINE FIXTURES

20 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

How many times have warriors done this and I see Greetlands haven't played a league game since September I don't know why but I think the league has to toughen up or we are going to have another season like last

Not sure but when we contacted them they seemed OK then around 5pm last night they contacted our club to say they couldn't get enough players because of work commitments (Christmas) not sure about Greetland we've not been tracking them and we are there next week.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not sure but when we contacted them they seemed OK then around 5pm last night they contacted our club to say they couldn't get enough players because of work commitments (Christmas) not sure about Greetland we've not been tracking them and we are there next week.

Did the same to East's a few weeks back. Strange thing is, they could raise a team for the cup game the week before!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

1 minute ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Did the same to East's a few weeks back. Strange thing is, they could raise a team for the cup game the week before!

I think it could be just an attempt to keep the tills turning during the winter for some of the clubs.

A simple format that would cater for the summer clubs who want to keep their tills ticking without disrupting the winter clubs is what's needed and Id like to praise Eastmoor who have been fulfilling their winter fixtures for the last 3 season or more without a problem.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, Marauder said:

Yep Moorends v Hunslet Warriors (Couldn't raise a team, this is the 4th NCL side in the last 2 season's not to turn up)

Marauder you were quick to go to print regarding the late cancellations by the Warriors but did you not do the same thing to Drighlington a week after been thrashed in the cup by fifty points at the same venue.

2 hours ago, billy the bison said:

Marauder you were quick to go to print regarding the late cancellations by the Warriors but did you not do the same thing to Drighlington a week after been thrashed in the cup by fifty points at the same venue.

Which is exactly what the warriors did v East Leeds.Lost in the cup then "couldn't raise a team" the following week for the league game.

2 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

So whats reasons have you got for the warriors

Anybody who as watched them will tell you they are a very young side which is correct the majority are this years U16s (BARLA National Cup Finalist 2018 and BARLA Yorkshire Cup Winners 2018) who are either still at school or college. Most have part time evening jobs at The White Rose Centre with the run up to Christmas are been asked at short notice to work weekends until the new year hopefully if the league does throw them out they will fulfil their fixtures.

57 minutes ago, billy the bison said:

Anybody who as watched them will tell you they are a very young side which is correct the majority are this years U16s (BARLA National Cup Finalist 2018 and BARLA Yorkshire Cup Winners 2018) who are either still at school or college. Most have part time evening jobs at The White Rose Centre with the run up to Christmas are been asked at short notice to work weekends until the new year hopefully if the league does throw them out they will fulfil their fixtures.

Did you not cancel your first pennine match this season against East Leeds was this the reason also it does not help the Pennine Leagues credibility and other clubs and their players who lose interest because of so many cancellations

1 hour ago, billy the bison said:

East's also have a number of this year's 16's playing for them and are also a young side.No excuses from them.

12 hours ago, billy the bison said:

We did but it was injuries, we also said to them that we want to play the game at a later date which they agreed to, the thrashing wasn't anything to do with it and the game was a lot closer than the score suggests, nice to have a good subs bench init.

8 hours ago, billy the bison said:

I'm sure no one wants to claim a game and because of the length of the season games can be rearranged with no problems.

Georgehadgingerhair your clearly a mouth piece that’s never played a game of amateur winter rugby in your life coming from a woodhouse player for many years we’ve always struggled to raise a team this time a year due to injuries and lads working over time or two jobs for Christmas or for other teams to not turn up a likes of greetland who didn’t turn up to a number of summer games in the yml I recall them not fulfilling 3 league games and that was just against south Leeds which is a massive knock on effect lads loosing interest etc, your comment on kicking 3 teams out of division 1 due to no fulfilling fixtures is disgusting amongst the teams there is lads who want to play week in week out it’s not are faults are best mates can bearly walk never mind play due to injuries etc if uve nothing decent to say u part time supporter dnt say nothing at all!!!!!

9 hours ago, Jackhammer2018 said:

Georgehadgingerhair your clearly a mouth piece that’s never played a game of amateur winter rugby in your life coming from a woodhouse player for many years we’ve always struggled to raise a team this time a year due to injuries and lads working over time or two jobs for Christmas or for other teams to not turn up a likes of greetland who didn’t turn up to a number of summer games in the yml I recall them not fulfilling 3 league games and that was just against south Leeds which is a massive knock on effect lads loosing interest etc, your comment on kicking 3 teams out of division 1 due to no fulfilling fixtures is disgusting amongst the teams there is lads who want to play week in week out it’s not are faults are best mates can bearly walk never mind play due to injuries etc if uve nothing decent to say u part time supporter dnt say nothing at all!!!!!

Jackhammer do not assume such things I played before summer rugby existed  maybe the players that want to play every week should have joined teams that have a big enough squad to be able to fulfil fixtures.

Maybe teams that cannot commit to playing every week should have joined YML and played friendlies when they could rather than spoiling the Pennine League for teams who are available to play every week.

Finally out of interest how many games have you postponed so far and who against I thought you were only allowed to postpone two.

GingerGeorge if u had any knowledge of the game you would totally understand that any team suffers with injuries and lads loosing lack of interest due to no consistency or weekend work or bad times but we stick together and turn up on a Saturday with 10 men to play.

2 minutes ago, Jackhammer2018 said:

GingerGeorge if u had any knowledge of the game you would totally understand that any team suffers with injuries and lads loosing lack of interest due to no consistency or weekend work or bad times but we stick together and turn up on a Saturday with 10 men to play.

Didn't on Saturday!Assuming you had less than 10?

As it goes yes we did like I’ve said it’s coming up to Christmas work comes first along with the injured players it’s a bad time but we will stick together and kick on because that’s what good clubs with good lads and support/supporters do!!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, billy the bison said:

Hope the game does get played Marauder so I can see first hand the improvements to your ground.

I do as well, by the way, we asked Drig early in the week if we could rearrange our game because of injuries. our game with them at home is on youtube

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, Jackhammer2018 said:

Everyone struggles at this time of the year, when we went to yours earlier in the year I think both teams had 20 plus players.

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

I do as well, by the way, we asked Drig early in the week if we could rearrange our game because of injuries. our game with them at home is on youtube

Everyone struggles at this time of the year, when we went to yours earlier in the year I think both teams had 20 plus players.

I thought people only struggle in summer :)

Archived